- Question 1: __ has decided to set up Vedic education board?
Explanation: The board will help future generations take inspiration from Vedic culture.
- Question 2: Japan has gifted __ a Museum of Peace built on the memories of Battle of Imphal?
Explanation: Manipur recently opened a Peace Museum in Imphal, after Britain and Japan joined hands to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Imphal. T
- Question 3: Who will be the convenor of the chief ministers' panel for agriculture reforms?
Explanation:1. Centre has constituted a high powered committee of Chief Ministers of several states for the transformation of Indian Agriculture.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis will be the convenor of the committee, while the chief ministers of Karnataka, Haryana, Arunachal Pradesh, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh have been included as members.
2. Committee aims to transform agriculture and increase farmers' income. It will suggest the modalities for adoption and time-bound implementation of agriculture sector reforms.
- Question 4: The first international flight from Guwahati will connect Assam with...?
Explanation:1. Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has flagged off the first international flight connecting Guwahati and Dhaka at Borjahr airport in Guwahati. Mr. Sonowal said that the Centre has boosted the connectivity of the North East region.
2. The Assam Government has committed 100 crore rupees per year for three years under viability gap funding.
3. Another flight connecting Guwahati-Bangkok is also likely to be started in the next few months along with flights to Kathmandu, Yangon, Hanoi and Kuala Lumpur.
- Question 5: Centre has extended the deadline to NRC in Assam till ...?
Explanation:The Centre has given one-month extension till 31st of this month to complete the enumeration process for updating the National Register of Citizens (NRC) in Assam.
- Question 6: ___ has launched a project to plant 33 crore saplings within the next two months?
Explanation:Maharastra has adopted the Japanese Miyawaki pattern of the plantation to increase forest cover.
- Question 7: UGC has approved new initiative __ to boost research culture?
Explanation:The University Grants Commission (UGC) has approved a new initiative - Scheme for Trans-disciplinary Research for India’s Developing Economy (STRIDE) to boost research culture in the country.
- Question 8: How many core sectors have recorded growth of 5.1% in May 2019?
Explanation:1. These sectors are coal, crude oil, natural gas, refinery products, fertiliser, steel, cement and electricity.
- Question 9: Vaibhav Yadav is related with...?
Explanation: Indian pro boxer Vaibhav Yadav has become the World Boxing Council (WBC) Asia silver welterweight champion after defeating Thailand's Fahpetch Singmanassak in the title bout held in Pattaya, Thailand.
- Question 10: Sports Minister announces an increase in diet budget of all athletes to bring parity, the new budge is rupee __ for each athlete ?
Explanation: The move will impact 12,500 athletes training in various centres of the Sports Authority of India (SAI) and the Sports Ministry will release an additional amount of 150 crore rupees annually to fund the new diet budget.