- Question 1: Where is Phayeng Village ?
Explanation: Phayeng Village of Manipur has been tagged as India's first carbon-positive settlement.
As part of the carbon-positive village project, Phayeng will receive a grant of Rs10 crore in phases to facilitate afforestation in the catchment of river Maklang that flows along the village.
- Question 2: State of the Global Air 2019 report has been released by...?
Explanation:The State of the Global Air 2019 report has recently released by the Boston-based Health Effects Institute (HEI).
The report revealed that 1.2 million Indians lost their lives due to exposure to unsafe air in 2017.
, in India, air pollution is the third-highest cause of death among all health risks, ranking just above smoking.
- Question 3: International Mine Awareness Day is observed on...?
Explanation: 2019 Theme is - United Nations Promotes SDGs – Safe Ground – Safe Home.
- Question 4: Maitri Bridge is on river...?
Explanation: The Indian Army has constructed the 260 feet long cable-suspension bridge 'Maitri Bridge' over Indus river at Choglamsar village in Leh in a record time of 40 days. It is the longest suspension bridge over the river
- Question 5: In Maharashtra, Gudi Padwa signifies the welcoming of ...?
- Question 6: Name the first African-American female mayor in the history of Chicago?
Explanation:Chicago has created history by electing an African, American woman as its mayor for the first time.
- Question 7: ___ has declared national disaster after massive blaze engulfs its five cities?
- Question 8: JAXA is the space agency of...?
Explanation: Japan's space agency, JAXA, has said its Hayabusa2 spacecraft released an explosive onto an asteroid to make a crater on its surface and collect underground samples to find possible clues to the origin of the solar system.
- Question 9: ___ has become the1st Indian to be elected as a member of FIFA Executive Council
Explanation:All India Football Federation president Praful Patel has become the first Indian to be elected as a member of the FIFA Executive Council. He got 38 out of 46 votes.
Patel was one of the eight candidates vying for the spot in the election which was held during the 29th Asian Football Confederations Congress in Kuala Lumpur yesterday. The membership in the council will be for four years, from 2019 to 2023.