- Question 1: Where are Dakshineswar and Kalighat temples?
Explanation: West Bengal is celebrating Bengali New Year's day on April 15. People in large numbers are visiting Dakshineswar and Kalighat temples since early morning.
The first day of the Bengali New Year is known as Poila Baisakh.
- Question 2: Name the new Secretary of Defence Finance?
Explanation: Gargi Kaul, a 1984-batch officer of the Indian Audit and Accounts Service (IA&AS), has been appointed as new Secretary of Defence Finance.
- Question 3: ___ will be Guest of Honour country at the Abu Dhabi International Book Fair (ADIBF 2019)?
Explanation:Fair is scheduled to be held from April 24th to 30th. The fair aims to highlight the UAE’s rich heritage, showcasing its authenticity and modernity.
- Question 4: Scientists have recently discovered new species of ancient human, Humo Luzonensis, in ...?
Explanation: This newly identified species named Humo Luzonensis after Luzon Island, where bones and teeth from individuals of this species were excavated from Callao Cave.
- Question 5: What is the full form of MMTC ?
Explanation:To make Google Pay more useful for Indian customers, Google has partnered with MMTC-PAMP India to introduce buying and selling of gold through the app.
- Question 6: State of World Population 2019 report has been published by...?
Explanation: The report stated that India’s population grew at an average annual rate of 1.2% between 2010 and 2019 to 1.36 billion.
- Question 7: Under RTI Act, ___ the Government of India (GoI) cannot refuse information disclosure in public interest overshadows certain protected interests?
Explanation:The RTI Act confers on ordinary citizens the ‘priceless right’ to demand information even in matters affecting national security and relations with the foreign state.
- Question 8: Golfer Tiger Woods has won his fifth Masters and a __ major title?
Explanation:Golfer Tiger Woods clinched his fifth Masters and a 15th major title, ending 11-year wait for a major title after overcoming career-threatening back problems.
This win has puts the former world No.1 just three majors behind the all-time record of Jack Nicklaus.
- Question 9: Meena Kumari Maisnam is related with...?
Explanation: India finished with 5 medals in the Boxing World Cup which concluded at Cologne, Germany on April 13.
- Question 10: World’s foremost Artificial Intelligence 2019 will be held in...?
Explanation:UAE is set to host the world’s foremost Artificial Intelligence,AI Summit to empower global dialogue on the future of government, business and society.
The inaugural - AI Everything - AIE will take place at the Dubai World Trade Centre, between 30th of this month and 1st of next month.