- Question 1: Recently, the International Hockey Federation has imposed fine on __ for not honoring the Pro League commitments?
Explanation: The International Hockey Federation (FIH) has imposed a hefty fine of one lakh seventy-six thousand Euros on Pakistan Hockey Federation (PHF) for not honouring the Pro League commitments.
The FIH has given the Pakistan sports body time until 20th June to pay the fine or else the penalty would be doubled.
- Question 2: ___ is hosting 2019 Asian Weightlifting Championships ?
Explanation: Indian weightlifters will make their bid to gain a 2020 Olympic qualification at the 10-day Asian Weightlifting Championships in Ningbo, China starting today.
- Question 3: Which country observes Mujibnagar day?
Explanation: In Bangladesh, the historic Mujibnagar day is being observed today. The day marks the oath taking ceremony of Bangladesh's first government in 1971 at Baidyanathtala in Meherpur.
The day is being observed by political parties and social and cultural organisations through various programs across Bangladesh.
- Question 4: What is the range of India’s first indigenously designed Sub-sonic Cruise Missile Nirbhay?
Explanation:Nirbhay is a long-range, all-weather, subsonic cruise missile designed and developed in India by the Defence Research and Development Organisation.
The missile can be launched from multiple platforms and is capable of carrying conventional and nuclear warheads.
- Question 5: The women’s safety app - My Circle, has been launched by..?
Explanation: Telecom operator Bharti Airtel in collaboration with FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO) launched a women safety app – My Circle - to help women in case they face any problem or a panic situation.
- Question 6: India’s first foreign interactive and exotic world park has come up in ...?
Explanation: In Mumbai, EsselWorld launched India’s first foreign interactive and exotic world park at the Essel World Bird Park in Gorai.
- Question 7: ___ has developed the world first armed amphibious drone boat?
Explanation:China has successfully tested the world’s first armed amphibious drone boat ‘Marine Lizard’ in Wuhan, capital of Central China’s Hubei Province. Built by Wuchang Shipbuilding Industry Group under China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation (CSIC).
- Question 8: Pradeep Choubey, was related with...?
Explanation: Pradeep Choubey (70), the renowned Hindi poet, has passed away in Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh on April 12, 2019.
- Question 9: India's first-of-its-kind Voter Park has recently inaugurated in...?
Explanation:Park will create awareness and educate people about the electoral process. the park, voters will get information about the polling process and the history of elections in the country.
- Question 10: Prajnesh Gunneswaran is related with...?
Explanation: In tennis, continuing his good run, India's Prajnesh Gunneswaran achieved a career-high ranking of 80 in the latest ATP rankings.
The 29-year-old from Chennai, who broke into the top 100 in February this year, improved two places to become the sixth highest in terms of singles ranking in the history of Indian tennis.