- Question 1: What is India rank In World Press Freedom Index 2019, Norway Topped
Explanation:India ranked 140th out of 180 countries in the World Press Freedom Index 2019, released by Reporters Without Borders. The index is topped by Norway.
- Question 2: Name the NASA astronaut who is likely to set the record for the longest spaceflight by a woman?
Explanation:NASA astronaut Christina Koch is going to have her mission on the International Space Station (ISS) extended to 328 days, which would set a record for the longest single spaceflight by a woman.
- Question 3: Raavana-1 is the first satellite of...?
Explanation:Sri Lanka’s first satellite Raavana-1 was launched into space from NASA Flight Facility on Virginia’s east shore. Raavana 1 weights around 1.05 kg and the lifespan of the satellite is around one and a half years.
- Question 4: Notre-Dame was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in...?
Explanation: UN cultural experts have recently offered to help in rebuilding the iconic structure of the famed Notre Dame cathedral in Paris.
- Question 5: __ has decided to revive 2nd major China-linked project ?
Explanation: Malaysia has resumed a China-backed rail link project after the Chinese contractor agreed to cut the construction cost by one third to 10.6 billion US dollars.
The Malaysian government said it will also take up a multibillion-dollar property and transportation project in Kuala Lumpur involving a Chinese state company, calling it a contribution to China's global - Belt and Road - infrastructure initiative.
- Question 6: ___has become the first Indian female scientist to be elected as a Fellow of the Royal Society?
Explanation:The 56-year-old is the Executive Director of Translational Health Science and Technology Institute at Faridabad. Other notable FRS inducted in 2019 include Fields Medal-winning mathematicians Akshay Venkatesh and Manjul Bhargava.
- Question 7: __ is related to Russia meddling in the 2016 US elections?
Explanation: Russia has dismissed the findings of the Mueller report today. Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told journalists that the report failed to present clear evidence of any meddling by Moscow in the 2016 US elections.
- Question 8: The Human Exploration Rover Challenge 2019 has been conducted by...?
Explanation: Three Indian student teams won awards in NASA's 25th edition of Human Exploration Rover Challenge 2019 at the US Space and Rocket Centre in Huntsville Alabama on April 12-13.