- Question 1: Name NASA's 1st Female Astronaut Candidate ?
Explanation:America's first female astronaut candidate, pilot Jerrie Cobb passed away in Florida at the age of 88 following a brief illness.
- Question 2: Con de Lange was related with...?
Explanation: Scotland all-rounder Con de Lange who had been diagnosed with a brain tumour has passed away at the age of 38.
- Question 3: __ will provide soft loans of USD 266.60 million to Rwanda for various projects?
Explanation:The funding, done in three separate tranches to Rwanda, is to support agricultural projects, development of special economic zones (SEZs) and for financing a road project in the African nation.
- Question 4: Varuna is a naval exercise between India and ...?
Explanation:India and France will conduct their largest ever naval exercise Varuna in May 2019. It will witness the participation of aircraft carriers, destroyers, submarines, and fighters.
- Question 5: Wuhan is a city in...?
Explanation: The Asia Badminton Championships will begin at Wuhan in China today. It will continue till the 28th of this month. India will be represented by Kidambi Srikanth and Sameer Verma in men's singles and P.V. Sindhu and Saina Nehwal in women's singles.
- Question 6: ___ has been appointed brand ambassador of bus ticketing platform redBus?
Explanation: Cricket icon Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been appointed brand ambassador of bus ticketing platform ‘redBus’. Dhoni will appear in a hockey player avatar in his first cameo for the brand, slated to be launched soon.
- Question 7: Where is Chhyoiphel Kundeling Monastery?
Explanation: The Chhyoiphel Kundeling Monastery has recently inaugurated by a Buddhist scholar Shyalpa Tenzing Rinpoche at Lisankhu village in Sindhupalchok district in Nepal. The Monastery has been reconstructed with Government of India (GoI) grant of 18.9 million Nepalese rupees.
- Question 8: Liquid methane has recently spotted on ___ satellite?
Explanation: By using data obtained by NASA’s Cassini spacecraft, the researchers discovered deep lakes (more than 300 feet, or 100 meters) filled with methane on Saturn’s moon Titan.
- Question 9: First World Earth day was observed in...?
Explanation: Today is World Earth day. It is observed on April 22 every year to support environmental protection.
The day also marks the anniversary of the Modern Environmental Movement, started in 1970.
The theme for this year's World Earth Day has been titled as Protect our species which aims to draw attention to the rapid extinction of species across the world.
- Question 10: Hope Probe is an ambitious dream project of ___ to send a mission to Mars?
Explanation: The UAE Space Agency and Mohammed bin Rashid Space Centre (MBRSC) have announced that 85% of the Hope Probe project has been completed. Hope Probe is an ambitious dream project of UAE to send a mission to Mars.
Hope Probe is scheduled to be launched in July 2020. With a successful launch, UAE hopes to become the first Arabic and Islamic country to make the Mars Mission dream a reality.