- Question 1: What is the name of world's 1st malaria vaccine, which has been launched In Africa?
Explanation:The world's first-ever malaria vaccine was launched in a pilot project in Africa's Malawi. The country is the first of three in Africa in which the vaccine, known as RTS,S, will be made available to children up to 2 years of age.
ii. Ghana and Kenya will introduce the vaccine soon. About 93% of the world's malaria-related deaths in 2017 occurred in Africa.
- Question 2: Iran and ___ have agreed to set up a joint border reaction force?
Explanation:Both the nations have decided to collaborate to form the joint quick reaction force by increasing cooperation between border forces and intelligence agencies.
- Question 3: ___ has become the first central bank in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region to begin an explicit interest rate easing cycle?
Explanation:The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC), headed by RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das, cut rates in February and April.
- Question 4: Name the panel which is probing sexual harassment charges against CJI?
Explanation: Supreme Court judge Indu Malhotra was appointed as a new member of the in-house inquiry panel set up to examine the allegations of sexual harassment against Chief Justice of India (CJI) Ranjan Gogoi, on Thursday following the recusal of Justice N V Ramana.
Justice S A Bobde, who is heading the inquiry panel and is the senior-most judge after the CJI, has appointed Justice Malhotra to the committee. Justice Indira Banerjee is also part of the panel.
- Question 5: ___ is hosting 5th Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) Media Summit on Climate Action and Disaster Preparedness?
Explanation:5th Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) Media Summit on Climate Action and Disaster Preparedness began in Kathmandu.
The theme of the two-day summit is: Media Solutions for Sustainable Future: Saving Lives, Building Resilient Communities.
- Question 6: Sameer Verma is related with which sport?
Explanation: In Badminton Asia Championships, shuttlers PV Sindhu, Saina Nehwal and Sameer Verma will play their quarterfinal matches in Wuhan, China this evening.
The fourth-seeded Sindhu will be playing with China's seventeenth ranked Yanyan Cai. Saina will take on World Number 2 Akane Yamaguchi of Japan.
- Question 7: Manju Kumari is related with...?
- Question 8: Name first ever Destination Bank to go live with both Net Banking and Debit Card-based e-mandate authentication?
Explanation:Kotak Mahindra Bank (Kotak) has launched the first debit card-based authentication solution on NPCI’s (National Payments Corporation of India) e-Mandate (electronic mandate) API (Application Program Interface) platform.
With this, it has become the first ever Destination Bank to go live with both Net Banking and Debit Card-based e-mandate authentication.
- Question 9: NASA's __ has detected first likely quake on Mars?
Explanation:NASA's robotic Mars InSight lander has recorded a likely mars quake for the first time ever.
The US space agency said the faint seismic signal, detected by the lander's Seismic instrument, was recorded on April 6 this year.
- Question 10: The United States was declared measles free in...?
Explanation:Representational picThe United States has recorded 695 cases of measles in 2019, the most of any year since the disease was declared eliminated in 2000.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said in a statement in New York that the high number of cases in 2019 is primarily the result of a few large outbreaks in Washington State and in New York that started late last year.