- Question 1: Name the world's first woman to cross the Atlantic Ocean solo in a Light Sports Aircraft (LSA) ?
Explanation: Captain Aarohi Pandit, a 23-year-old pilot from Mumbai, has become the world's first woman to cross the Atlantic Ocean solo in a Light Sports Aircraft (LSA).
- Question 2: National Vesak Week of Sri Lanka is associated with...?
Explanation: The festival commemorates the birth, enlightenment (Buddhahood), and death (Parinirvāna) of Gautama Buddha in the Theravada or southern tradition.
- Question 3: Name the island where 414 million pieces of plastic found on remote islands ?
Explanation: A recent survey on plastic pollution found an estimated 414 million pieces of plastic including nearly one million shoes and 370,000 toothbrushes on the beaches of remote Cocos (Keeling) Islands in the Indian Ocean.
The survey published in the journal, Scientific Reports, estimated that the beaches on the islands are littered with 238 tonnes of plastic.
Jennifer Lavers from the Institute for Marine and Antarctic Studies (IMAS) at the University of Tasmania in Australia said, remote islands which do not have large human populations depositing rubbish nearby are an indicator of the amount of plastic debris circulating in the world's oceans.
- Question 4: World Telecommunication and Information Society Day is observed on...
Explanation:World Telecommunication and Information Society Day is being observed across the globe today.
The purpose of observing the Day is to help raise awareness of the possibilities that the use of the Internet and other information and communication technologies can bring to societies and economies, as well as of ways to bridge the digital divide.
- Question 5: __ is hosting Taiwan Expo 2019?
Explanation: Taiwan Expo 2019 began in New Delhi.
There are 10 theme pavilions at the expo focusing on green products, health care, agriculture, tourism, biotechnology and electrical equipments. 150 exhibitors are showcasing their products in 230 stalls.
- Question 6: New plastic that could be fully recycled has been created by ...?
Explanation: The scientists have created a next-generation plastic that can be fully recycled into new materials of any colour, shape, or form, without loss of performance or quality.
A team of researchers at the US Department of Energy's (DOE) Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory has designed a recyclable plastic that, like a Lego playset, can be disassembled into its constituent parts at the molecular level.
- Question 7: Fall Armyworm, a pest which can cause extensive damage to standing crops within a very short time has been detected in..?
- Question 8: What is the prize money of ICC World Cup 2019?
- Question 9: ___ will host 2023 Asian Football Cup ?
Explanation: South Korea have abandoned their bid to stage Asian Cup Football tournament in 2023, leaving the sole other bidders China with a free run to become hosts.
The Korea Football Association (KFA) said in a statement that it had pulled out to strategically focus on a joint bid with North Korea to host the Women's World Cup in the same year.