- Question 1: Ashish Kumar is related with...?
Explanation:A three-member team led by 2010 Asian Games bronze medallist Ashish Kumar will represent India at the second World Challenge Cup Series gymnastics tournament in Osijek, Croatia from May 23 to 26.
Besides Ashish, the Indian contingent will also have Rakesh Kumar Patra and Shraddha Talekar.
- Question 2: ___ is hosting Shanghai Cooperation Organization 2019 summit?
Explanation:External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will leave for Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to represent India in the meeting of Council of Foreign Ministers (CFM) of Shanghai Cooperation Organization.
The two-day meeting will begin from today. This will be the second CFM meeting that India will be attending as a full member of SCO.
- Question 3: The National Register of Citizens (NRC) is a register containing names of all genuine Indian citizens residing in ...?
Explanation: Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Monday reviewed the security scenario in Assam besides preparation to deal with any possible law and order situation which may arise after the publication of the final National Register of Citizens (NRC) on July 31.
- Question 4: _ signed an ordinance to provide quota under the Socially and Economically Backward Class (SEBC) Reservation Act, 2018 ?
Explanation: Maharashtra Governor C Vidyasagar Rao on Monday signed an ordinance to provide quota under the Socially and Economically Backward Class (SEBC) Reservation Act, 2018, to candidates from the Maratha community seeking admission to post-graduate medical and dental courses.
The ordinance was issued by the Governor on the recommendation of the state government to protect the admissions of students in the PG courses.
- Question 5: World Metrology Day is observed on..?
Explanation: World Metrology Day is an event occurring on the 20th of May celebrating the International System of Units. The date is the anniversary of the signing of the Metre Convention in 1875. Metrology is the study of measurement.
2019 theme is - The International System of Units - Fundamentally better.
- Question 6: Winner of men’s title at the 2019 Italian Open Tennis tournament is..?
Explanation: This is Nadal's ninth Italian Open title. It is the 81st title of Nadal's career.
- Question 7: Name the new president of ndonesia?
Explanation: Indonesia's Joko Widodo has been re-elected as president of the country, beating rival Prabowo Subianto, a retired general.
The elections commission has said Widodo and his vice-presidential running mate Ma'ruf Amin won the election by a 55.5 percent to 44.5 percent margin over Subianto and Sandiaga Uno.
- Question 8: __ government has scrapped the requirement of filling out landing cards by international travellers coming to the UK from countries like India?
Explanation: The UK Home Office said in a statement in London on Monday that Airline passengers from countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) landing at UK airports from will no longer be required to complete the forms to be handed to immigration officers along with passports.
- Question 9: Pakistan has appointed __ as the High Commissioner to India?
Explanation: Haq, the current ambassador to France, has previously served as chief of protocol at the Foreign Office.
The post of High Commissioner to India fell vacant after Sohail Mehmood was appointed Pakistan's new foreign secretary.