- Question 1: Defence Research and Development Organisation has successfully test-fired an indigenously-developed 500 kg class guided missile, what is its range?
Explanation:The 2.5-tonne air-to-surface missile has a range of around 300 km, and it will significantly enhance the IAF's combat capability.
- Question 2: Name the Lok Sabha constituency in Himachal Pradesh where record 11,327 voters chose NOTA ?
Explanation:In Himachal Pradesh, over 33,000 none of the above (NOTA) votes were polled.
An Election official said in Shimla, 0.87 per cent of voters opted for NOTA out of over 38 lakh voters.
The highest 11,327 voters chose NOTA in Kangra, followed by Shimla, Hamirpur and Mandi.
- Question 3: President Ram Nath Kovind has dissolved the___ Lok Sabha?
Explanation:The Cabinet at its meeting had advised the President to dissolve the House with immediate effect.
An official communique from Rashtrapati Bhawan said the President has accepted the advice of the Cabinet.
- Question 4: IAF ___ aircraft has been formally fleet certified to fly on blended aviation fuel containing up to ten per cent of indigenous bio-jet fuel?
Explanation: Indian Air Force formidable workhorse, the Russian made AN-32 aircraft was today formally fleet certified to fly on blended aviation fuel containing up to ten per cent of indigenous bio-jet fuel.
The approval certificate was received at the aero-engine test facilities at Chandigarh by Air Commodore Sanjiv Ghuratia.
- Question 5: Recurve is a term related with...?
Explanation: In Archery World Cup Stage III, four Indians including Deepika Kumari and Tarundeep Rai advanced to the third round in recurve individual section at Antalya in Turkey.
- Question 6: Joshna Chinappa is related with... ?
Explanation: Joshna Chinappa kept her hopes alive as the Indian entered the pre-quarterfinal round of the British Open Squash, a PSA World Tour Platinum event being held at Hull in England.
Though Saurav Ghosal and Ramit Tandon have bowed out of the tournament.
- Question 7: Recently, the Central Board of Direct Taxes, CBDT, has extended the compliance date of Tax Deduction at Source for ...?.
Explanation: This is to redress the hardships faced by the deductors following the severe disruption of normal life and breakdown of communication systems by the cyclone in the State.
- Question 8: A report by the United Nations says India's economy is projected to grow at ___ per cent in the fiscal year 2020 on the back of strong domestic consumption and investment?
Explanation: The report which was released yesterday said, the Indian economy expanded by 7.2 per cent in 2018. However, it said, GDP growth is a downward revision from the 7.4 per cent estimated in January this year.
The report said, strong domestic consumption and investment will continue to support growth, which is projected at 7.0 per cent in 2019 and 7.1 per cent in 2020.
- Question 9: Where is Mount Agung Volcano?
Explanation: In Indonesia, Bali airport has returned to normal operations after some flights were cancelled last night following an eruption of the Mount Agung volcano that spread ash over the south of the island.