- Question 1: What is India’s rank in the 2019 KidsRight Index?
Explanation:India has been ranked 117th out of 181 countries in the 2019 KidsRight Index, which ranks countries on the basis of how much they are involved and equipped to improve child rights. Iceland made the top position.
- Question 2: India has invited BIMSTEC leaders for swearing-in ceremony of PM Modi, how many members are there in BIMSTEC?
Explanation: India has invited the leaders of the BIMSTEC Member States for the swearing-in ceremony of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
BIMSTEC member states—Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand , Nepal and Bhutan —are among the countries dependent on the Bay of Bengal.
- Question 3: Name the new New Chief Minister of Sikkim?
Explanation:Sikkim Krantikari Morcha, SKM President Prem Singh Golay (Tamang) today took oath as the New Chief Minister of Sikkim.
Governor Ganga Prasad administered the oath of office and secrecy to Mr. Golay and his council of ministers at Paljor Stadium in Gangtok amid a huge gathering of people. Along with Mr Golay, 11 cabinet ministers were also administered the oath.
- Question 4: Name the new CM of Arunachal Pradesh?
Explanation: In Arunachal Pradesh, BJP is all set to form government in the state for the first time with absolute majority.
After a landslide victory in the Assembly elections with 41 seats in the 60-seat house, BJP held it's legislature party meeting in Itanagar today.
- Question 5: Saurabh Chaudhary is related with..?
Explanation: In ISSF shooting World Cup, in Munich Germany, India's Saurabh Chaudhary has won 10m Air Pistol Gold beating his own World Record .
- Question 6: Roland-Garros is the other name of...?
Explanation: The French Open officially Roland-Garros is a major tennis tournament held over two weeks between late May and early June at the Stade Roland-Garros in Paris, France.
- Question 7: Akash-1S is a surface to___ defence missile system?
Explanation: Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) today successfully test fired the Akash-1S surface to air defence missile system.
Akash-1S is a new version of the missile which is fitted with an indigenous seeker. In the last two days, this is the second successful test of the missile by the DRDO. The Akash-1S is capable of striking down enemy fighter jets and drones very effectively.
- Question 8: LTTE was banned in India after the assassination of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi in ___?
Explanation: The government has constituted the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Tribunal to adjudicate whether or not there is sufficient cause for declaring the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) as an unlawful association.
- Question 9: RBI has allowed modern currency chests to hike service charges from the existing rate of Rs 5 per packet of 100 pieces to ____?
Explanation: For this, only a Currency Chest (CC) that fulfils the minimum standards will be eligible to be classified as a large modern CC.
- Question 10: CSIR-NPL has introduced Redefined International System of Units. What is the full form os NPL?
Explanation: Council of Scientific and Industrial Research and National Physical Laboratory, CSIR-NPL, today introduced redefined International System of Units for the country, on World Meterology Day.
The redefined systems are kilogram, kelvin, mole and ampere. The purpose of a system of units is to enable world-wide coherence of measurements.