- Question 1: What is the name of world's 1st malaria vaccine, which has been launched In Africa?
Explanation:The world's first-ever malaria vaccine was launched in a pilot project in Africa's Malawi. The country is the first of three in Africa in which the vaccine, known as RTS,S, will be made available to children up to 2 years of age.
ii. Ghana and Kenya will introduce the vaccine soon. About 93% of the world's malaria-related deaths in 2017 occurred in Africa.
- Question 2: Name the Governor of Jammu and Kashmir?
Explanation:Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik held a meeting with top officials and reviewed the prevailing security and law and order situation in the state.
- Question 3: ___ has become the first central bank in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region to begin an explicit interest rate easing cycle?
Explanation:The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC), headed by RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das, cut rates in February and April.
- Question 4: Name the panel which is probing sexual harassment charges against CJI?
Explanation: Supreme Court judge Indu Malhotra was appointed as a new member of the in-house inquiry panel set up to examine the allegations of sexual harassment against Chief Justice of India (CJI) Ranjan Gogoi, on Thursday following the recusal of Justice N V Ramana.
Justice S A Bobde, who is heading the inquiry panel and is the senior-most judge after the CJI, has appointed Justice Malhotra to the committee. Justice Indira Banerjee is also part of the panel.
- Question 5: Where is National Academy of Art, Lalit Kala Akademi
Explanation:On Aug 05, 2019 National Academy of Art, Lalit Kala Akademi, celebrated its 65th Foundation Day in New Delhi .
- Question 6: ___ assembly has passed bills to curb honour killings and Mob Lynching?
Explanation:Rajasthan has become the second state after Manipur which passed a law to curb lynching cases.
Provision of Life term imprisonment and a fine up to Rupees 5 lakh to convicts in cases of mob lynching has been made in the bill.
- Question 7: Nane the Indian-origin girl who has been crowned Miss England 2019?
Explanation:Bhasha holds two different medical degrees and has an IQ of 146, which makes her officially a genius.
- Question 8: The Census 2021 will be conducted in __ scheduled languages?
Explanation:Census 2021 will be the 16th edition of the census and shall be conducted in 18 languages out of the 22 scheduled languages
- Question 9: UGC plans to open 20 institutions for Institutes of Eminence (IoE), based on the recommendation of...?
Explanation:The aim of the Institute of Eminence (IoE) scheme is to develop 20 world-class institutions which would put India on the global education map.
- Question 10: __ is the first Indian bank to link up with China’s National Advance Payment System (CNAPS)?
Explanation:The China National Advanced Payments System (CNAPS) is national payment protocol launched by the People's Bank of China, as a part of a wider plan to increase the global use of the yuan renminbi.