- Question 1: 5th India-EU High-Level Dialogue on Migration and Mobility held in...?
Explanation:These Dialogues cover a wide range of issues of mutual interest in the context of migration and mobility along the India-EU corridor.
- Question 2: Which of these strait connects the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman?
Explanation:Recently, the United Kingdom Government has said that three Iranian ships attempted to impede the passage of a British oil tanker in Strait of Hormuz, forcing a United Kingdom frigate to intervene.
- Question 3: How much money will be earmarked for the project to identify accident black spots and plug gaps on National Highways to reduce casualties?
Explanation: Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari has said that the government has prepared a 14 thousand crore rupees project to identify accident black spots and plug gaps on National Highways to reduce casualties.
- Question 4: A successful landing of Chandrayaan-2 would make India the __- country to soft-land on the Moon?
Explanation: Launch of Chandrayaan-2 is scheduled for 14 July 2019.
First three country are: USA, USSR, and China
- Question 5: The 2019 Women Startup Summit (WSS) will be held in ...?
Explanation:With an aim to promote women entrepreneurship in the country, the Kerala Startup Mission (KSUM) is hosting the Women Startup Summit on August 1, in association with the Indian Women Network floated by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- Question 6: __ has won Indian Railway Best Innovation Award for its project the Plan Bee, which helps in preventing trains from hitting elephants crossing tracks?
Explanation:Northeast Frontier Railway started a novel way of getting elephants to buzz off from train tracks: speakers that play the sound of bees to scare the jumbos away, known as Plan Bee.
Elephants have long been known to be frightened by the buzzing of bees and stings.
- Question 7: Where is Amrabad Tiger Reserve?
Explanation:Ministry of Forest and Environment (MoEF) has recommended for in-principle permission for exploration Uranium in the reserve.
- Question 8: Name the new chief of the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA)?
Explanation: DGCA investigates aviation accidents and incidents and has its headquarter in New Delhi.
- Question 9: Which is the latest state to launch the Witness Protection Scheme?
Explanation:The scheme aims to give protection to the court witnesses. As in the absence of such measure in place, the witnesses often had turned hostile giving serious jolts to sensational criminal trials in courts.
- Question 10: Where is Kataragama temple?
Explanation: In Sri Lanka, each year the annual festival at Kataragama temple hosts this famous festival.