- Question 1: Lok Sabha has passed Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, which seeks to amend the Motor Vehicles Act...?
Explanation:Bill has clause related to increasing penalties of traffic violations, addressing issues on third-party insurance, regulation of cab aggregators and road safety are proposed in the amendment.
- Question 2: Where is the Secretariat of BIMSTEC?
Explanation:BIMSTEC: Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation
BIMSTEC member states are: Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand , Nepal and Bhutan —these are the countries dependent on the Bay of Bengal.
- Question 3: Name the new New Chief Minister of Sikkim?
Explanation:Sikkim Krantikari Morcha, SKM President Prem Singh Golay (Tamang) today took oath as the New Chief Minister of Sikkim.
Governor Ganga Prasad administered the oath of office and secrecy to Mr. Golay and his council of ministers at Paljor Stadium in Gangtok amid a huge gathering of people. Along with Mr Golay, 11 cabinet ministers were also administered the oath.
- Question 4: Govt will introduce Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Bill in Rajya Sabha, which seeks to amend the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code ...?.
Explanation:The government is likely to introduce the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Bill, 2019 in Rajya Sabha on July 24.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will introduce a Bill, which seeks to amend the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016.
- Question 5: Saurabh Chaudhary is related with..?
Explanation: In ISSF shooting World Cup, in Munich Germany, India's Saurabh Chaudhary has won 10m Air Pistol Gold beating his own World Record .
- Question 6: NAM Ministerial Meeting 2019 held in...?
Explanation:Indian envoy to United Nations Syed Akbaruddin represented India at the 2019 Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) Ministerial Meeting in Caracas, Venezuela.
- Question 7: Name the new Chairman of Asian Boxing Confederation's (ASBC) competitions commission?
- Question 8: Name the author of the book: Indo-Pak Relations: Beyond Pulwama & Balakot”
Explanation:The book talks about the fundamental causes of the Indo-Pak conflict since 1947.
- Question 9: ___ will host 2019 International shark meet?
Explanation:The summit aims set up a platform for researchers from across the globe working on shark and ray trade to share their experience in the field.
- Question 10: It was in the year ___ that income Tax was introduced for the first time in India
Explanation:The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) is celebrating the 159th Income Tax Day on July 24.
It was on 24th July, 1860 that Income Tax was introduced for the first time in India by Sir James Wilson to compensate for the losses incurred by the British regime during the first war of independence against British Rule.