- Question 1: Indian Naval Ships ___ will arrive at Qingdao in China on April 21 to participate in the International Fleet Review,
Explanation: Indian Naval Ships Kolkata and Shakti will arrive at Qingdao in China on to participate in the International Fleet Review, IFR as part of 70th Anniversary celebrations of People's Liberation Army (Navy).
International Fleet Review is a parade of naval ships, aircraft and submarines, and is organised by nations to promote goodwill, strengthen cooperation and showcase their organisational capabilities.
- Question 2: Name India's next High Commissioner to South Africa ?
Explanation: Jaideep Sarkar has been appointed as India's next High Commissioner to South Africa. External Affairs Ministry said in New Delhi that he is expected to take up the assignment shortly.
Sarkar, a 1987-batch Indian Foreign Service officer, is currently serving as India's ambassador in Bhutan.
- Question 3: ___ has become India’s First Comprehensive Financial Services App To Integrate With UPI?
- Question 4: Rohit Tokas is related with...?
Explanation:Two Indian boxers have entered the pre-quarterfinals of the Asian Championship in Bangkok on Friday.
National champion Deepak in 49kg category and Rohit Tokas in 64kg category advanced to the last-16 stage with confident victories.
- Question 5: International Day for Monuments and Sites was first celebrated in...?
Explanation: i. In 1982, ICOMOS (International Council on Monuments and Sites) established 18 April as the International Day for Monuments and Sites.
- Question 6: Where is Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences?
Explanation:The Indian scientists at the Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences also known as ARIES, has recently discovered 28 new variable stars in the Milky Way.
This is for the first time that variable stars have been identified in Globular cluster NGC 4147 in the constellation of Coma Berenices.
- Question 7: Where is National Institute of Miners’ Health located?
Explanation:The National Institute of Miners’ Health (NIMH) has been dissolved and merged with the National Institute of Occupational Health (NIOH), Ahmedabad.
- Question 8: Name Britain's first Indian-origin home secretary?
Explanation: Priti Sushil Pate, 1 47-year old, is a British politician who has been Secretary of State for the Home Department since 24 July 2019.
Priti has Indian roots and she was born in London to a Ugandan-Indian family.
- Question 9: Indian Railway's first printing press heritage gallery has come up in...?
Explanation:The Western Railway has opened the first-of-its-kind printing press heritage gallery of the Indian Railways at Mahalaxmi in Mumbai.
- Question 10: GST Council has reduced GST Rate on Electrical Vehicles from 12 per cent to __ per cent?
Explanation:During its 36th meeting in New Delhi, the Council also decided to reduce the rate on Electric Vehicle Chargers from 18 percent to 5 percent.
The new rates will come into effect from the 1st of August.