- Question 1: Name the new ambassador of India to Nepal?
Explanation:Seasoned diplomat Vinay Mohan Kwatra has been appointed as India's next envoy to Nepal, the Ministry of External Affairs announced on Thursday. Kwatra, a 1988 batch Indian Foreign Service officer, replaces Manjeev Singh Puri who has retired from service.
- Question 2: SAMPRITI is a joint military training exercise between India and ___ ?
Explanation: Exercise SAMPRITI is an important bilateral defence cooperation endeavour between India and Bangladesh and will be the ninth edition of the exercise which is hosted alternately by both countries.
- Question 3: Name the new Chairman of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs?
Explanation: The Government of India on Thursday appointed M Ajit Kumar IRS (C&CE 84) as chairman of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC). The appointment came just two days before the Union Budget 2020 presentation.
- Question 4: ALM - ___ Liability Management?
Explanation:Asset Liability Management (ALM) can be defined as a mechanism to address the risk faced by a bank due to a mismatch between assets and liabilities either due to liquidity or changes in interest rates.
- Question 5: Ajmal Sultanpuri, who was a renowned poet of...?
Explanation: Ajmal Sultanpuri was an Indian poet in Urdu language. He was a native of Harakhpur in Sultanpur District, Uttar Pradesh
- Question 6: Which city hosts the Australian Open ?
Explanation: In tennis, Serbia's Novak Djokovic won his record 8th Men's singles title in the Australian Open at Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne today.
- Question 7: Name the first deaf person to record to row an ocean by finishing a 3,000-mile journey across the Atlantic?
Explanation: A 60-year-old pharmacy worker has become the first deaf person on record to row an ocean by finishing a 3,000-mile journey across the Atlantic.
Mo O'Brien and her fellow crew members, including her daughter, landed on the Caribbean island of Antigua 49 days after setting out from the Canary Island of La Gomera in December.
- Question 8: SC has allowed the center to introduce African __ to a suitable habitat in India?
Explanation: The Supreme Court today allowed the Centre to introduce the African cheetah to suitable habitat in India.
The apex Court's decision followed a petition filed by National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) seeking permission for the introduction of the African cheetah from Namibia as rare Indian cheetah is almost extinct in the country.