- Question 1: Article __ allows the Jammu and Kashmir legislature to define permanent residents of the state?
Explanation:Article 35A was inserted through the Constitution (Application to Jammu and Kashmir) Order, 1954, which was issued by President Rajendra Prasad under Article 370.
- Question 2: In Bangaluru, Innovation for Clean Air (IfCA) has been launched by India and ...?
Explanation:It is a two-year joint initiative and aims to provide a unique measurement system for clean air for the people of Bangaluru.
- Question 3: ___ has been honoured with Bharat Gaurav Award?
Explanation:East Bengal club has awarded its highest honour - Bharat Gaurav – to India’s first cricket World Cup-winning 1983, captain Kapil Dev.
- Question 4: Anant Setalvad was famous...?
Explanation:Setalvad had started his radio commentary stint in the pre-TV days and had shared the mike with the likes of former Test opener and ex-selection panel chief Vijay Merchant on All India Radio.
- Question 5: Under Ayushman Bharat Yojana health assurance of __ lakh rupees per family per year is provided?
Explanation:As per the recent reports, Chhattisgarh is one of the best-performing states under Ayushman Bharat Yojana.
About 35 lakh people have so far benefited from the scheme in the country of which five lakh are from Chhattisgarh.
- Question 6: Sharda Peeth, an ancient Hindu temple, is located in...?
Explanation:There was a proposal of the Pakistan government to establish a corridor that will allow Hindu pilgrims from India to visit Sharda Peeth, an ancient Hindu temple in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK).
- Question 7: Recently India has successfully test-fired its all-weather tracked-chassis Quick Reaction. What is its name?
Explanation:India has successfully test-fired its all weather tracked-chassis Quick Reaction Surface-to-Air Missile (QR-SAM) from a mobile launcher at launch complex III of the Integrated Test Range at Chandipur in Odisha.
QR-SAM system is capable of engaging multiple targets within a range of around 25 to 30 km with two vehicle configuration for area air defense.
- Question 8: Which country hosts Sultan Azlan Shah hockey tournament?
Explanation: Five-time Champion India continued its unbeaten streak in the tournament, collecting 13 points from five league matches with the help of four wins and a draw.
- Question 9: Recently, Section 144 of the CrPC has been enforced in...
Explanation:According to an order, there shall be no movement of public and all educational institutions in Srinagar district shall remain closed.
- Question 10: Which tech giant has teamed up with Apollo Hospitals to fight cardiovascular diseases?
Explanation:The two will set up a National Clinical Coordination Committee (NCCC), which will guide the two entities on all cardiology and cardiovascular-related Artificial.
- Question 11: What is the name of world's 1st malaria vaccine, which has been launched In Africa?
Explanation:The world's first-ever malaria vaccine was launched in a pilot project in Africa's Malawi. The country is the first of three in Africa in which the vaccine, known as RTS,S, will be made available to children up to 2 years of age.
ii. Ghana and Kenya will introduce the vaccine soon. About 93% of the world's malaria-related deaths in 2017 occurred in Africa.
- Question 12: UGC plans to open 20 institutions for Institutes of Eminence (IoE), based on the recommendation of...?
Explanation:The aim of the Institute of Eminence (IoE) scheme is to develop 20 world-class institutions which would put India on the global education map.
- Question 13: The Census 2021 will be conducted in __ scheduled languages?
Explanation:Census 2021 will be the 16th edition of the census and shall be conducted in 18 languages out of the 22 scheduled languages
- Question 14: Nane the Indian-origin girl who has been crowned Miss England 2019?
Explanation:Bhasha holds two different medical degrees and has an IQ of 146, which makes her officially a genius.
- Question 15: ___ assembly has passed bills to curb honour killings and Mob Lynching?
Explanation:Rajasthan has become the second state after Manipur which passed a law to curb lynching cases.
Provision of Life term imprisonment and a fine up to Rupees 5 lakh to convicts in cases of mob lynching has been made in the bill.
- Question 16: Where is National Academy of Art, Lalit Kala Akademi
Explanation:On Aug 05, 2019 National Academy of Art, Lalit Kala Akademi, celebrated its 65th Foundation Day in New Delhi .
- Question 17: Name the panel which is probing sexual harassment charges against CJI?
Explanation: Supreme Court judge Indu Malhotra was appointed as a new member of the in-house inquiry panel set up to examine the allegations of sexual harassment against Chief Justice of India (CJI) Ranjan Gogoi, on Thursday following the recusal of Justice N V Ramana.
Justice S A Bobde, who is heading the inquiry panel and is the senior-most judge after the CJI, has appointed Justice Malhotra to the committee. Justice Indira Banerjee is also part of the panel.
- Question 18: ___ has become the first central bank in the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region to begin an explicit interest rate easing cycle?
Explanation:The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC), headed by RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das, cut rates in February and April.
- Question 19: Name the Governor of Jammu and Kashmir?
Explanation:Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik held a meeting with top officials and reviewed the prevailing security and law and order situation in the state.
- Question 20: __ is the first Indian bank to link up with China’s National Advance Payment System (CNAPS)?
Explanation:The China National Advanced Payments System (CNAPS) is national payment protocol launched by the People's Bank of China, as a part of a wider plan to increase the global use of the yuan renminbi.
- Question 21: Kanti Bhatt was a vetran...?
Explanation:Bhatt was also the founding editor of one of the leading Gujarati magazines - Abhiyan.
- Question 22: ISRO will be setting up Space Situational Awareness Control Centre in...?
Explanation:New centre will have a forecast system for Space Situational Awareness and Management (SSAM),
- Question 23: __ will convert heritage properties into hotels to boost tourism?
Explanation:The West Bengal government has decided to convert heritage properties into hotels to boost tourism in the state.
State Chief Secretary Maloy Dey has directed all District Magistrates to identify heritage properties with potential for conversion into hotels, and sought detailed information on the matter at the earliest.
- Question 24: Which committee has been set up to revise the current series of WPI?
Explanation: The Government has constituted a Working Group for the revision of the current series of Wholesale Price Index.
In a release, Commerce and Industry Ministry said, Prof. Ramesh Chand, Member, Niti Aayog will be the chairman of the 18-member committee.
The Office of Economic Adviser, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade will be the nodal office for the Working Group and will process the report and recommendation of the Group for further necessary action.
- Question 25: Government plans to roll out one nation, one ration card by ...?
Explanation:The new mechanism will ensure that no poor person is deprived of Public Distribution System, PDS entitlement if the person shifts from one place to another.
- Question 26: Just in news VPM1002 and Immuvac are the two vaccines for
Explanation:The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) has launched India’s first large-scale trial for two new TB vaccines - VPM1002 and Immuvac.
- Question 27: ___ has become the first state to adopt a digital fingerprint and iris scanning system?
Explanation:AMBIS - Automated Multi-modal Biometric Identification.
- Question 28: How much fund has been allocated for Kosi-Mechi Interlinking project?
Explanation:Kosi-Mechi Interlinking project will interlink Kosi and Mechi rivers of Bihar.
- Question 29: President Kovind has given his assent to AERA (Amendment) Bill- 2019. What is the meaning of E in it?
Explanation:President Ram Nath Kovind has given his assent to The Airports Economic Regulatory Authority of India, AERA (Amendment) Bill- 2019. A Gazette Notification to this effect has been issued.
- Question 30: Name the winner of Miss World Diversity 2019?
Explanation:Naaz Joshi, an Indian transsexual woman has been crowned Miss World Diversity 2019 at Port Louis in Mauritius on August 3
- Question 31: ___ will provide free electricity for people using up to 200 units under a domestic connection?
Explanation:Those consuming 201-400 units of electricity will get about 50% subsidy.
- Question 32: Puthandu is __ new year ?
Explanation: Puthandu is the Tamil New Year celebrated in the month of April by preparing Manga Pachadi a traditional food to ring in their new year.
- Question 33: Recently, We have been hearing a term FAME 2.What is the meaning on E in it?
Explanation:FAME: Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles
- Question 34: In the fourth edition of the Indian rankings based on the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) 2019 Delhi University's __ has been ranked the best among colleges across the country?
Explanation: Indian Institute of Technology Madras topped the rankings while the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore bagged the second rank followed by IIT Delhi. Out of ten top institutes, seven are IITs. Jawaharlal Nehru University got the seventh rank and Banaras Hindu University bagged the tenth spot.
Delhi University's Miranda House was ranked the best among colleges across the country, while the varsity's St Stephen's College was ranked fourth. AIIMS has been ranked first among medical sciences institutes and National Law School, Bangalore has topped law colleges.
- Question 35: Name the author of the book - Tools and Weapons: The Promise and The Peril of the Digital Age
Explanation:Book talk about insightful insiders view of how technology is both empowering us and threatening us.
- Question 36: Chakpa community is related with...?
Explanation: Phayeng Village, in Imphal West district of Manipur, has become India’s first carbon-positive settlement, is scheduled caste village of the Chakpa community.
- Question 37: India’s first national Time Release Study has been conducted by...?
Explanation:The study is expected to provide solutions for faster movement of cargo across borders to benefit traders.
- Question 38: Lakshmi Vilas Bank will merge with .....?
Explanation:The merger will also enable Tamil Nadu-based LVB to obtain a larger geographical presence.
- Question 39: Which state has launched - Save Green, Stay Clean - campaign?
Explanation:West Bengal will offer more than 1 lakhs saplings throughout the state for spreading of greenery.
- Question 40: What is the full form of PSOs - Payment System ....?
Explanation: The Reserve Bank today said all data related to payments must be stored in systems located only in India and data processed abroad will have to be brought back to the country within 24 hours.
The RBI had issued a directive in April 2018 on 'Storage of Payment System Data'. It had advised all system providers to ensure that within a period of six months, the entire data relating to payment systems operated by them is stored in a system only in India.
The RBI said in its Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on certain implementation issues raised by the Payment System Operators (PSOs) further said there is no bar on the processing of payment transactions outside India if so desired by the PSOs.
- Question 41: 22nd National Conference on e-Governance held in...?
Explanation: Digital India: Success to Excellence was this year theme.
- Question 42: India's first water clinic for elephants has opened in...?
Explanation: India has opened its first specialised hydrotherapy treatment center (water clinic) for elephants suffering from arthritis, joint pain and foot ailments on the banks of the Yamuna in Mathura.
- Question 43: ___ has signed MoU with Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre to develop Space Park?
Explanation:Kerala has been planning to promote Space Technology vertical in the State.
- Question 44: Which state has published additional NRC Draft Exclusion list?
Explanation:Assam, the Additional NRC Draft Exclusion list published today consisting of 1,02,462 persons.
Official sources said that the persons whose names appear in the Additional Draft Exclusion List are those persons whose names are included in the Draft NRC published on July last year, but have been subsequently found ineligible due to various reasons.
- Question 45: Lahore Attari Samjhauta Express train was started in...?
Explanation:As a reaction to revocation of Article 370 in Jammu And Kashmir, Pakistan has suspended the Lahore-Attari Samjhauta Express train service.
- Question 46: Name the recently appointed green ambassador of Manipur ?
Explanation:The Manipur government has appointed a 9-year-old girl Valentina Elangbam as the State’s green ambassador after a video of her crying over felled tree went viral on social media.
- Question 47: Govt. will provide clean drinking water to all by ...?
Explanation:Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat has reiterated the NDA Government’s commitment to provide clean drinking water to all by 2024.
Replying to a short duration discussion in the Rajya Sabha on the challenges of water crisis in the country, the Minister stressed the need to have a holistic approach to address the water problem in the country. He said the country has a tradition of saving ground water and conserving it.
- Question 48: Name RBI's Offshore Rupee Markets head?
Explanation:The RBI task force on Offshore Rupee Markets (ORM), headed by Usha Thorat, has suggested liberal currency market for offshore user to match the flexibility provided by the offshore markets (or NDF markets).
- Question 49: World Tribal Day is observed on...?
Explanation:Indigenous Languages was the theme of 2019.
- Question 50: Who is the speaker of 17th Lok Sabha ?
Explanation: NDA nominee and BJP MP from Kota, Om Birla has been unanimously elected as the Speaker of 17th Lok Sabha.
- Question 51: Who is the Pension Fund Manager for Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan-Dhan Yojana?
Explanation:Under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan-Dhan Yojana (PM-KMY), a monthly pension of rupee 3000 will be provided to eligible farmers on attaining the age 60, if they start investing in the age group of 18-40 year.
- Question 52: Which committee has been formed to study the current framework for MSMEs?
Explanation:The committee will suggest long-term solutions for the economic and financial sustainability of the MSMEs.
- Question 53: Operation Number Plate has been launched by...
Explanation:The Railway Protection Force of Indian Railways has launched a special drive code-named - Operation Number Plate - to ensure safety of passengers.
The purpose of the drive was to identify the vehicles parked on railway premises - for days together - as it posed a serious threat to security and safety of passengers and other stakeholders of railways.
- Question 54: Pankaj Advani is related with...?
Explanation: India's ace cueist Pankaj Advani beat compatriot Aditya Mehta in the quarterfinals of the Asian Snooker Championship in the Qatari capital Doha today.
With this victory, Advani assured himself of a medal. Mehta was one frame away from ousting the 21-time world champion from the tournament but Pankaj's resilient efforts saw him enforce the decider.
- Question 55: Just in news, Priyam Chatterjee is a famous...?
Explanation:Priyam Chatterjee has become the first Indian chef to be awarded the - Chevalier de l’Ordre du Mérite Agricoleto - by the Government of France.
- Question 56: Where is Panchamirtham of Palani temple?
Explanation:Panchamirtham of Palani temple has been granted the Geographical Identity (GI) tag.
- Question 57: What is the duration of India’s largest sanitation survey - Swachh Survekshan Grameen-2019.
Explanation:As many as 700 districts and 17,475 villages will be covered under the survey to be conducted in 34 states and union territories.
The survey aims to rank states and districts based on sanitation level, over the next 45 days at over 87,000 public places.
- Question 58: Which of these world body has delisted India ?
Explanation: Archery's world body has de-listed the Archery Association of India (AAI) as a member and given it a month's time to either get its house in order or face suspension.
- Question 59: World Elephant Day is observed on...
Explanation:Established in 2012, the World Elephant Day is an international annual event on August 12, dedicated to the preservation and protection of the world's elephants
- Question 60: What is the full form the term - DVRs?
Explanation:The Ministry of Corporate Affairs has amended the provisions relating to the issue of shares with Differential Voting Rights (DVRs) provisions under the Companies Act.
- Question 61: As per World Bank India's economy is projected to grow at __ per cent in the next three years, supported by robust investment and private consumption?
Explanation:The bank in its Global Economic Prospects released yesterday said that India is estimated to have grown 7.2 per cent in fiscal year 2018-19, which ended March 31 this year.
A slowdown in government consumption was offset by solid investment, which benefitted from public infrastructure spending.
- Question 62: Municipal Corporation of ___ jas fixed 25K penalty on keeping plastic bags?
Explanation:Lucknow has fixed the penalty on keeping plastic bags. Now keeping plastic bags or throwing them on roads will attract a penalty of a maximum 25 thousand rupees from any group or institute and one thousand rupees from an individual in the city.
- Question 63: __ will set up Atal Bihari Vajpayee residential schools for children of labourers?
Explanation:In Uttar Pradesh, the state government will set up Atal Bihari Vajpayee residential schools for children of labourers in all 18 divisions of state.
- Question 64: What is the name of Russia's first Arctic train service?
Explanation: In Russia, the first tourist train traveling through Russia's Arctic region and on to Norway, set off from St. Petersburg station yesterday with 91 passengers aboard for the inaugural trial journey.
The tourists came from seven countries including the US, Germany, Norway and Russia.
The train, named, Zarengold, complete with two restaurant cars will travel from Saint Petersburg through according to the organisers, the whole trip will take 11 days and allow passengers to discover areas difficult to access by other means.
- Question 65: National Tribal Festival Aadi Mahotsav, is celebrated in...?
Explanation:Tribal Affairs Ministry and Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) are jointly organizing a 9 - Day Aadi Mahotsav (National Tribal Festival) from today, in Leh- Ladakh.
- Question 66: ___ Economic Census, is underway?
Explanation:Preparations are underway for the seventh Economic Census, (7th EC) has commenced in June.
- Question 67: Where is Mangdechhu hydro-power?
Explanation:PM Modi who is on Bhutan visit will inaugurate 720 megawatt Mangdechhu hydro-power project and release a commemorative stamp to mark the 50 years of Indo-Bhutan hydropower relations.
- Question 68: Govt has reconstituted ___ Cabinet Committees?
Explanation: The Government has reconstituted eight Cabinet Committees. These are Appointments Committee, Committees on Accommodation, Economic Affairs, Parliamentary Affairs, Political Affairs, Security, Investment and Growth and Cabinet Committee on Employment and Skill Development.
- Question 69: As on August 17, What is the current repo rate per cent ?
Explanation:Consequently, the reverse repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility stands revised to 5.15 per cent, and the marginal standing facility rate and the Bank Rate to 5.65 per cent.
- Question 70: Khalifa Haftar is a self-styled __ National Army ?
Explanation: At least 390 people have been killed and over 1,930 wounded since strongman Khalifa Haftar launched an offensive against the Libyan capital last month.
A UN's World Health Organisation today said, more than 50,000 have been displaced as a result of the intensifying armed conflict in Tripoli.
Haftar's self-styled Libyan National Army began its offensive against the Tripoli based Government of National Accord on April 4.
- Question 71: Neeraj Chopra is related with...?
Explanation: Star Indian javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra has undergone an elbow surgery in Mumbai. He developed pain in his elbow while practising at the NIS Patiala last month.
It has been learnt that recovery of Neeraj is likely to take three to four months, putting his participation at the upcoming prestigious Worlds during September and October this year in serious doubt.
- Question 72: Where is glacier Okjokull, which was officially declared dead in 2014 at the age of 700?
Explanation:Iceland loses about 11 billion tonnes of ice per year, and scientists fear that all of the island country's 400-plus glaciers will be gone by 2200.
- Question 73: Which country is hosting Olympic Test Event?
Explanation:The men's hockey team defeated Malaysia 6-0 in their opening encounter of the Olympic Test Event in Tokyo.
- Question 74: Navroz is a new year of...?
Explanation:Parsi New Year- Navroz was celebrated on August 17.
- Question 75: Which of the following is not a member of BASIC?
Explanation:BASIC countries are Brazil, South Africa, India and China
- Question 76: 28th BASIC Ministerial Meeting on Climate Change held in...?
Explanation:28th BASIC Ministerial Meeting on Climate Change held in Sao Paulo in Brazil from 14th to 16th of August.
- Question 77: Recently five new fish species have been discovered in...?
Explanation:In Arunachal Pradesh, researchers of the Rajiv Gandhi University have discovered five new fish species in various districts of the state.
The scientific names of the newly-discovered fish species are Mystus prabini, found in Sinkin and Dibang rivers in Lower Dibang Valley district and Exostoma kottelati, found in Ranga river in Lower Subansiri district.
- Question 78: Assam first-ever CNG fuelling station has been inaugurated in....?
Explanation:Assam state's first-ever CNG fuelling station has started to function in Dibrugarh.
- Question 79: Rizia Rahman was a famous...?
Explanation:Renowned Bangladeshi novelist and the Ekushey Padak winning author Rizia Rahman passed away today in Dhaka at the age of 79.
- Question 80: To help train Indian astronauts for the upcoming manned mission to orbit, Gaganyaan, ISRO has tied up with ...?
Explanation:ISRO signed a pact with the Russian firm Glavkosmos to select and train astronauts for a period of three weeks.
- Question 81: At present Senkaku islands is controlled by...?
Explanation: Japan has protested against an unauthorized Chinese maritime survey within its economic waters near disputed East China Sea islands.
In Tokyo, Japan's Foreign Ministry said it lodged a protest with Beijing after a Chinese maritime research ship was seen dropping a wire-like object into the water off the northwestern coast of Japanese-controlled Senkaku islands.
- Question 82: Breakfast menu for inmates in __ jails changed after 231 years?
Explanation: The breakfast menu for inmates in Bangladeshi jails has been changed after 231 years. Under the new menu, inmates will receive bread and vegetables for four days, khichri for two days and halwa and bread on the other days of the week.
- Question 83: Which state has launched E Step, a program for student entrepreneurs?
Explanation:E-Step will aim to offer mentoring and training programmes through boot-camps, to cover various aspects of entrepreneurship.
- Question 84: India’s first private Space Science Museum has been opened in...?
Explanation:India’s first private Space Science Museum has opened in Hyderabad to mark the Golden Jubilee of the Birla Archaeological and Cultural Research Institute
- Question 85: Which committee has been constituted to review ATM pricing?
Explanation: The Reserve Bank of India has constituted a six-member committee to review the entire gamut of ATM charges and fees.
In a press release, the RBI said, Chief Executive of Indian Banks’ Association VG Kannan will chair the committee consisting of senior officers from National Payments Corporation of India, SBI, HDFC Bank, Confederation of ATM Industry and Tata Communications Payment Solutions Limited.
- Question 86: As per a UN report, FDI flows to India grew 6% in 2018 to ...?
Explanation: A UN report said, Foreign Direct Investment to India grew by 6 percent to 42 billion dollars in 2018, with strong inflows in the manufacturing, communication and financial services sectors, and cross-border merger and acquisition activities.
The report ranked India among the top 20 host economies for FDI inflows in 2017-18.
- Question 87: Name the author of the book - Kashmir's Untold Story: Declassified?
Explanation:The book talks about the history of Jammu and Kashmir from 1889 to till date.
- Question 88: The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code _ is the bankruptcy law of India which seeks to consolidate the existing framework by creating a single law for insolvency and bankruptcy?
Explanation:The government plans to give debt waiver for small distressed borrowers under the insolvency law framework. The proposed waiver would be offered as part of Fresh Start provisions under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC).
- Question 89: Which of these has developed an industrial and field robot known as - GraspMan?
- Question 90: World Humanitarian Day is observed on...?
Explanation:2019 theme: honour the work of women in crises throughout the world.
- Question 91: Where is Chander Taal Lake?
Explanation:In Himachal Pradesh, Hundreds of tourists were stranded near Chander Taal Lake in Lahaul and Spiti district after a freak snowfall in the region.
- Question 92: Almaty is a place in...?
Explanation: Indian track and field athletes won six medals, including three gold, on the first day of the Qasanov Memorial Meet at Almaty in Kazakhstan.
- Question 93: In 2015 Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, what limit was set up for Iran to stockpiles of enriched uranium ?
Explanation:International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) will hold an emergency meeting on Iran's nuclear programme , days after Tehran breached one of the limits set in a 2015 deal with world powers.
- Question 94: ___ has suspended 2 lakh accounts which were linked to the Chinese government
Explanation:Micro blogging site Twitter has suspended more than 2 lakh accounts that it believes were linked to the Chinese government and a disinformation campaign targeting the protests in Hong Kong.
The company said, it will prohibit ads from state-backed media companies that have amounted to propaganda.
- Question 95: Where is Babatpur airport?
Explanation:Prime Minister Narendra Modi has unveiled the statue of former Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri at Babatpur airport in Varanasi .
- Question 96: Hollongi Airport is being constructed in...?
Explanation:The Hollongi Airport in Itanagar will be completed by March 31, 2022
- Question 97: Axom Darshan is related with...?
- Question 98: Government has decided to invest 50 lakh crore rupees in railways by ...?
Explanation:Railways Minister said that the rail infrastructure in the country has increased by just 30 per cent in the last 65 years due to the lack of adequate investment, while freight and passenger traffic increased by 1500 per cent.
- Question 99: Ankita Raina is related with which sport?
Explanation:In Tennis, India's Ankita Raina has progressed to the second round of the women's singles in the US Open Qualifiers at New York.
- Question 100: Edgar Chagwa Lungu is the president of...?
Explanation:President of Zambia Edgar Chagwa Lungu is in New Delhi on a three-day visit to India.
- Question 101: World Photography Day is observed on...?
- Question 102: Houthi is a rebel group in ...
Explanation: In Yemen, the rebel Houthi group has agreed to withdraw forces from three key ports in a move to pave the way for negotiations to end the country's four-year war.
United Nations has said in a statement that the group will redeploy its fighters from the ports of Hodeidah, Saleef and Ras Isa over four days, starting today.
- Question 103: Name the first Asian swimmer to cross the Catalina Channel of America?
Explanation:Hailing from MP, Satendra new holds the Asian record of crossing both the English and Catalina channels.
- Question 104: India’s first Central Institute of Chemical Engineering & Technology will be established in...?
Explanation:The CICET will be set up either at Ahmedabad or Surat. The institute aims to foster the chemical industry with research and innovations.
- Question 105: Which of these is the weekly peer-reviewed general medical journal and among the world's oldest?
Explanation:Association of Surgeons of India (ASI) has condemned the British Medical Journal The Lancet's editorial on Kashmir and asserted that it was factually incorrect and prejudiced.
ASI has demanded an apology from its Editorial Board and withdrawal of its on-line version.
- Question 106: has launched live tracking system for its nearly 8000 buses?
Explanation:The Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation has over 18,000 buses in its fleet and carries more than 67 lakh passengers daily,
- Question 107: __ is the study of medicine involving study and treatment of the blood?
Explanation: Today is the 131st birth anniversary of leading English haematologist, Lucy Wills who was the pioneer in tackling prenatal anaemia during pregnancy.
Lucy's seminal work in India in the late 1920s and early 1930s helped identify folic acid supplementation to prevent anaemia in pregnant women.
Wills spent her life traveling the world and researching on the health of pregnant women until her death in 1964.
- Question 108: Where is Pakkamalai Reserve Forests?
Explanation:For the first time, researchers have recently sighted nests of the grizzled giant squirrel (Ratufa macroura) at Pakkamalai Reserve Forests near Gingee (Tamil Nadu) in the Eastern Ghats. It is an endangered species listed under Schedule I of the Wildlife Protection Act of 1972.
- Question 109: Winner of 2019 T20 Physical Disability Cricket World Series?
Explanation:In the final, India defeated England by 36 runs at the Blackfinch New Road ground in Worcester
- Question 110: What is India rank In World Press Freedom Index 2019, Norway Topped
Explanation:India ranked 140th out of 180 countries in the World Press Freedom Index 2019, released by Reporters Without Borders. The index is topped by Norway.
- Question 111: World Archery Youth Championships 2019 held in...?
Explanation: India clinched a gold medal in the compound junior mixed team event of the World Archery Youth Championships in Madrid, Spain.
- Question 112: Which of these has announced a reward of Rs 1 crore to insider trading informants?
Explanation:The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has announced a reward of up to one crore rupees for informants willing to provide credible information regarding insider trading cases.
- Question 113: __ is related to Russia meddling in the 2016 US elections?
Explanation: Russia has dismissed the findings of the Mueller report today. Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told journalists that the report failed to present clear evidence of any meddling by Moscow in the 2016 US elections.
- Question 114: Where is Kiru Hydro Electric Project?
Explanation:Kiru Hydro Electric Project (624 MW) is proposed on River Chenab, located in Kishtwar district of the Jammu & Kashmir. T
- Question 115: Which committee has been formed to study the causes of floods in western Maharashtra?
Explanation:The irrigation department of the Maharashtra Government has constituted a 10-member committee to look into the causes of the recent floods in western Maharashtra.
These floods in Kolhapur, Sangli and other areas of western Maharashtra in early August claimed at least fifty lives.
- Question 116: Where is Banjari village, which has become an integral part of the digital map of the country?
Explanation:In Madhya Pradesh, Banjari village of Katni district has become an integral part of the digital map of the country.
It is the first village in the state to be associated with Digital India, India plans to build 1000 digital villages across the country in this phase, starting from Banjari Gram Panchayat of Madhya Pradesh.
Akodara village of Sabarkantha district of Gujarat was the first digital village in the country. In the next five years, the aim is to have one lakh digital villages of this kind.
- Question 117: Which country has honoured Narendra Modi with The King Hamad Order of the Renaissance award?
Explanation:Prime Minister Narendra Modi who is on a visit to Bahrain, discussed with Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa in Manama on various bilateral and regional issues.
Modi was also honoured with - The King Hamad Order of the Renaissance.
- Question 118: __ is hosting 45th G7 summit ?
Explanation:Prime Minister Narendra Modi is in Biarritz, France where the G7 summit is being held.
India is invited as Biarritz partner and the French media is expecting a bigger role of India in fighting inequality which is the theme of the summit.
- Question 119: Who is Indian cricket team new batting coach?
Explanation: Former opener Vikram Rathour will replace Sanjay Bangar as India's new batting coach while Bharath Arun and R. Sridhar were retained as bowling and fielding coaches.
- Question 120: Lok Sabha has passed Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, which seeks to amend the Motor Vehicles Act...?
Explanation:Bill has clause related to increasing penalties of traffic violations, addressing issues on third-party insurance, regulation of cab aggregators and road safety are proposed in the amendment.
- Question 121: World Badminton Championships 2019 was played in...?
Explanation:P.V. Sindhu has became the first Indian to win a Badminton World Championships gold by beating familiar rival Nozomi Okuhara of Japan in a lop-sided final.
- Question 122: Name the author of the book: Indo-Pak Relations: Beyond Pulwama & Balakot”
Explanation:The book talks about the fundamental causes of the Indo-Pak conflict since 1947.
- Question 123: World Police and Fire Games International Championship 2019 held in...?
Explanation:Monali Jadhav from Maharashtra won three medals, including two golds for Indian in the championship.
- Question 124: The government will infuse ___ crore rupees to public sector banks, in efforts to boost economic growth?
Explanation:Recently the government announced a raft of measures, including a rollback of enhanced super-rich tax on foreign and domestic equity investors, exemption of start-ups from 'angel tax', a package to address distress.
- Question 125: Which city has decided to spend about Rs 6 crore on setting up social media management teams?
Explanation:Mumbai civic body will appoint 31 information technology (IT) assistants, all from the Maharashtra Information Technology Corporation Limited (MAHA-IT), in various departments.
- Question 126: Govt will introduce Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Bill in Rajya Sabha, which seeks to amend the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code ...?.
Explanation:The government is likely to introduce the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Bill, 2019 in Rajya Sabha on July 24.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will introduce a Bill, which seeks to amend the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016.
- Question 127: Which of these countries is not a part of G7
Explanation:Though India is not a member of the G7 group, Mr Modi will attend the G7 Summit as a special guest as he has been personally invited by French President Emmanuel Macron.
Mr Modi will address sessions on environment, climate, oceans and digital transformation.
- Question 128: How many members are there in BIMSTEC?
Explanation:BIMSTEC: Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation
BIMSTEC member states are: Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand , Nepal and Bhutan —these are the countries dependent on the Bay of Bengal.
- Question 129: Who introduced income Tax for the first time in India in 1860?
Explanation:It was on 24th July, 1860 that Income Tax was introduced for the first time in India by Sir James Wilson to compensate for the losses incurred by the British regime during the first war of independence against British Rule.
- Question 130: What is LCR full form?
Explanation: In a bid to further improve the cash position of banks, RBI has tweaked liquidity coverage ratio (LCR) norms to provide an additional 2 per cent window to lenders.
LCR indicates the proportion of highly liquid assets held by banks to ensure their ability to meet short-term obligations.
- Question 131: Name the mobile app where students can access the National Digital Library of India?
Explanation:Human Resource Development Ministry under its National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology, NMEICT has launched the National Digital Library of India project to develop a framework of virtual repository of learning resources with a single-window search facility.
- Question 132: Fill in the blank: The government aims to provide Wi-Fi in all the villages through GramNet with connectivity between __ to 100 Mbps speed?
Explanation:The multi-mission helicopters can detect, track and attack submarines and surface ships at sea.
- Question 133: In the term CBIC. what does I stand for?
Explanation:The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs(CBIC) has compulsorily retired 22 senior officers of the rank of Superintendent/A.O. over corruption and other charges.
- Question 134: ___ has decided to launch world’s first national 5G networks?
Explanation: Hyper-wired South Korea has a reputation for technical prowess, and Seoul has made the 5G rollout a priority as it seeks to stimulate stuttering economic growth
- Question 135: India has the target of functional household tap connection by ...?
Explanation:India has appealed to all the States to generate maximum community participation in the form of the mass movement to achieve the target of functional household tap connection by 2024.
- Question 136: Who is the writer of the book - Kundan: Saigal Life & Music ?
Explanation: The book has been trans-created in English by Jyoti Sabharwal of Stellar Publishers and will be released on April 4, the 115th birth anniversary of Saigal.
- Question 137: 7th Community Radio Sammelan is being held in?
Explanation:The 7th Community Radio Sammelan will begin in New Delhi on August 27.
The three-day Sammelan, being organized by Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, will witness the participation of all operational Community Radio Stations across the country.
- Question 138: What is the full form of MSF?
Explanation:The RBI announced its first bi-monthly policy statement of the current financial year that the reverse repo rate under the LAF stands adjusted to 5.75 per cent, and the marginal standing facility (MSF) rate and the Bank Rate to 6.25 per cent.
- Question 139: Winner of 2019 Durand Cup tournament?
Explanation:Gokulam Kerala FC won the 129th Durand Cup tournament by defeating Mohun Bagan
- Question 140: What was the theme of 45th G7 summit 2019?
Explanation:Held in Biarritz on 24-26 August 2019 the annual meet was attended by the 7 member states of G -7.
- Question 141: Where is Sanjay Gandhi National Park?
Explanation:Bajirao, the last captive white tiger at the Sanjay Gandhi National Park in Mumbai suburb Borivali, died at the age of 18.
- Question 142: Komalika Bari is related with which sport?
Explanation:Komalika Bari from Jharkhand has become recurve cadet world champion at the World Archery Youth Championships in Madrid, Spain.
- Question 143: Which committee has been formed to examine bank frauds above 50 crore?
Explanation:Earlier the panel was known as the Advisory Board on Bank, Commercial and Financial Frauds,
- Question 144: Adarsh Singh is related with...?
Explanation:In Shooting, young Adarsh Singh outclassed his rivals in the Sardar Sajjan Singh Sethi Memorial Masters competition, winning the gold medal in both the men and junior 25 metres rapid fire pistol event in New Delhi .
- Question 145: Gandhi Nagar model village built with Indian assistance has been inaugurated in...?
Explanation:This model village is second of the 100 model villages being built with Indian assistance and is named after Mahatma Gandhi, in his 150th birth anniversary.
- Question 146: Phanigiri is a place in...?
Explanation: Archaeologists in Telangana have recently unearthed a rare life-sized stucco sculpture from a Buddhist site at Phanigiri in Suryapet.
It is considered to be the biggest stucco sculpture found in the excavations in the country till date.
- Question 147: __ are the center of a diplomatic dispute between South Korea and Japan for over 300 years?
Explanation: South Korea has recently conducted 2-day drill exercise to practice defending disputed islands.
In Korean Dokdo means - Solitary Island.
- Question 148: __ has decided to fill doctors' vacant posts through campus recruitment within a year?
Explanation:Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi has said that the vacant posts of doctors will be filled directly through campus recruitment within a year.