- Question 1: RBI has extended RTGS timings from 4:30 pm to ___ pm ?
Explanation: To facilitate high-value fund transfers, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced an extension of timings for customer transactions through Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) by one and half hours from 4:30 PM to 06 PM.
- Question 2: The International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers is observed...?
- Question 3: Nepal celebrated its 12th Republic Day on...?
Explanation:Nepal is celebrating its 12th Republic Day today. A number of programmes are being organised in different parts of the country to mark the occasion.
The main function was held at Army Pavilion in Kathmandu, which was attended by the President Bidya Devi Bhandari, Prime Minister K.P.Sharma Oli, cabinet ministers, senior government officials, heads and representatives of various diplomatic missions and other dignitaries.
- Question 4: In __ Goa became the 25th state of the Indian Union?
Explanation: Goa celebrates its statehood day today. It was on this day in 1987 Goa became the 25th state of the Indian Union.
Before this, Goa, along with Daman and Diu, was a union territory.
Achieving statehood was a long and cherished dream of the people of Goa, which paved the way to providing a distinct identity to the state.
- Question 5: Rani Rampal is related with...?
Explanation: Hockey India today named an 18-member Indian team for the upcoming FIH Women's Series Finals starting in Hiroshima, Japan on the 15th of next month.
- Question 6: Criiio.com has been launched by...?
Explanation:The ICC has launched the criiio campaign on the eve of the men's World Cup, bringing together 460 million people playing cricket globally to celebrate the magnificent diversity of cricket.
The ICC asked the fans to join the social cricket tribe by sharing pictures and videos of where and how they play cricket across the world using the newly launched hashtag #criiio and visiting the site criiio.com.
- Question 7: Divij Sharan is related with...?
Explanation:In French Open Tennis, India's Divij Sharan moved to the next round of Men's Doubles in Paris.
Divij pairing with Marcelo Demoliner of Brazil beat the duo of Swedish R.Lindstedt and Hungarian M.Fucsovics 6-3, 4-6, 6-2 in the round of 64.
- Question 8: Nepal has been observing the day as International Everest Day since ....?
Explanation: International Everest Day is being observed on May 29th. Nepalese Tenzing Norgay and New Zealand's Edmund Hillary had climbed the Mt. Everest on this day in 1953, as the first humans to achieve the feat.
Nepal decided to observe the day as International Everest Day since 2008, when the legendary climber Hillary passed away.
Everest Day is observed on May 29 every year in memory of the first summit of Mt. Everest by Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa.
- Question 9: Who is the author of the book - Bread, Cement, Cactus'
Explanation:Indian writer Annie Zaidi was announced as the 2019 winner of Nine Dots Prize.
The 100,000 US dollars award is a prestigious book prize created to award innovative thinking that addresses contemporary issues around the world.
Mumbai-based Zaidi, a freelance writer won for her entry ‘Bread, Cement, Cactus' - combining memoir and reportage to explore concepts of home and belonging rooted in her experience of contemporary life in India.
- Question 10: ___ has removed India from its currency monitoring list?
Explanation: The Trump administration removed India from its currency monitoring list of major trading partners. It cited certain developments and steps being taken by New Delhi which address some of its major concerns.
Switzerland is the other nation that has been removed by the US from its currency monitoring list. The list includes other countries like China, Japan and Germany.
- Question 11: RBI has extended RTGS timings from 4:30 pm to 6 pm with effect from...?
Explanation:To facilitate high-value fund transfers, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced an extension of timings for customer transactions through Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) by one and half hours from 4:30 PM to 06 PM.
In a notification, issued from Mumbai yesterday, RBI said that new timing will be effective from 1st June.
- Question 12: Rahi Sarnobat is related with...?
Explanation: In the ISSF World Cup rifle pistol stage in Munich, Germany, Rahi Sarnobat has booked an Olympic quota place for India winning gold in women's 25m pistol event.
Asian Games champion Rahi clinched her career's second World Cup Gold, which helped India win its sixth quota place in shooting for 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- Question 13: Recently, The World Health Organization (WHO) has officially recognized ___ as malaria-free countries,
- Question 14: World Bee Day is observed on..?
- Question 15: World No Tobacco Day is observed on...?
Explanation: World No Tobacco Day is being observed on May 31 to create awareness about the negative impacts of tobacco consumption on human health.
On the occasion, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare organized a national consultation on tobacco and lung health in New Delhi today.
- Question 16: Diksha Dagar is related with...?
Explanation: Diksha Dagar's dream season continued as she sunk in a hole-in-one to lie tied-sixth after round one of the Lavaux Ladies Championship at Puidoux in Switzerland. The event is on the Ladies European Tour's Access Series, the second rung of the Tour.
- Question 17: ___ is the latest African nation to ban plastic bags?
Explanation:A plastic bag ban comes into force in Tanzania as Africa leads efforts to stem the tide of plastic pollution. Tanzania is banning the importation, production, sale and use of plastic bags.
It becomes the 34th African country to implement such restrictions, according to the United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP).
- Question 18: Recently, Bihar cabinet has sanctioned __ crore for old age pension scheme?
- Question 19: ___ government has approved a proposal to set up startup hubs in major cities of the state to boost the ecosystem for emerging businesses?
- Question 20: __ government has waived admission fees for students taking admission up to Post Graduate level whose parental income is less than 2 lakh rupees per year?
Explanation:Assam government has waived admission fees for students taking admission up to Post Graduate level whose parental income is less than 2 lakh rupees per year.
All provincialized government colleges and 5 universities are incorporated under the scheme.
- Question 21: Where is river Lidder?
Explanation: Jammu & Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik has saluted the bravery of Tourist Guide Rouf Ahmad Dar, who lost his life while rescuing tourists from the Lidder river in Pahalgam.
- Question 22: In term MRI, what is the meaning of R?
Explanation: A study has found Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) can be used to measure how the heart uses oxygen for both healthy patients and those with heart disease.
Researchers from Lawson Health Research Institute and Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in the US, said, reduced blood flow to the heart muscle is the leading cause of death in the Western world.
- Question 23: What is the capital of US state - Virginia?
Explanation: the United States, at least 12 people were killed and six others injured in a mass shooting at a government building in the state of Virginia.
- Question 24: Centre has shortlisted __ cities for International Yoga Day?
Explanation: The centre has shortlisted five cities, Delhi, Shimla, Mysore, Ahmedabad and Ranchi to hold National Programme of the International Yoga Day this year.
It will be the government's first mega public event after Narendra Modi became Prime Minister for the second consecutive term.
- Question 25: As per IATAInternational Air Transport Association, India and __ to account for half of air traffic growth in two decades?
Explanation: International Air Transport Association, IATA, has said that India and China are projected to account for nearly half of the air passenger growth worldwide over the next two decades, with travellers coming from all walks of life.
- Question 26: Name the current Air Chief Marshal of India?
Explanation: Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa is embarking on a four-day official visit to Sweden from tomorrow. He will visit various operational and training units as well as interact with senior functionaries of the Swedish Air Force amongst others.
- Question 27: ___ has toppled IOC to regain most profitable public sector company?
Explanation: ONGC, India's top oil and gas producer, has toppled Indian Oil Corp (IOC) to regain crown of being the country's most profitable public sector company.
According to earnings statements of the listed companies, Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) reported a 34 per cent jump in its 2018-19 fiscal net profit to 26,716 crore rupees.
- Question 28: FICCI survey has recasted India's GDP growth at __ for FY20?
Explanation: The country's median GDP is forecast at 7.1 per cent for FY20 and 7.2 per cent for FY 21.
The industry body FICCI's economic outlook survey said that the minimum and maximum growth estimate stood at 6.8 per cent and 7.3 per cent, for 2019-20.
- Question 29: G20 summit 2019 will be held in...?
Explanation: Global efforts to impose a unified tax policy on Google, Facebook and other internet giants have cleared a major hurdle ahead of a G20 summit in Japan.
The Paris-based Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) said that 129 countries had signed off on a road-map to grab a fairer tax share of the companies' booming sales.
- Question 30: __ has resumed flights to Pakistan after decade-long suspension?
Explanation: British Airways (BA) resumed its flights to Pakistan today more than 10 years after it halted the service to that country following a bomb blast. Britain's flagship carrier stopped flying to Pakistan after the Marriott hotel in the capital, Islamabad, was bombed in 2008.
- Question 31: Name the new president of El Salvador?
Explanation: In the Central American country of El Salvador, Nayib Bukele has been sworn-in as the nation's President.
Bukele was sworn-in by the Speaker of the National Assembly in downtown San Salvador. Delegations from 83 countries attended the ceremony.
- Question 32: Jorhat is a place in...?
Explanation: The Indian Air Force An-32 aircraft went missing on Monday afternoon after taking off from Jorhat in Assam with 13 people on board.
India's military and satellite resources have been deployed to trace an Indian Air Force's missing Antonov An-32 transport aircraft. The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has pressed into service to hunt for the missing aircraft.
- Question 33: The Income Tax department has extended the deadline for employers to issue Form 16 TDS (Tax Deducted at Source) certificate for the financial year 2018-19 to its employees till __ ?
Explanation: Earlier the last date was the 15th of June. The due date of filing of TDS statement by employers to the Income Tax department in Form 24Q for the financial year 2018-19 has been extended by a month till June 30, 2019.
- Question 34: Recently, several cases of Nipah Virus have been reported in....?
Explanation: Government has urged the people not to panic over the reported cases of Nipah Virus in Kerala as all efforts are being made to remedy the situation.
Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan said, he is personally reviewing the situation with the State Health Minister K. K. Shailaja and closely monitoring the situation.
- Question 35: As per World Bank India's economy is projected to grow at __ per cent in the next three years, supported by robust investment and private consumption?
Explanation:The bank in its Global Economic Prospects released yesterday said that India is estimated to have grown 7.2 per cent in fiscal year 2018-19, which ended March 31 this year.
A slowdown in government consumption was offset by solid investment, which benefitted from public infrastructure spending.
- Question 36: A report on Benchmarking India's Payment Systems has been released by...?
Explanation: The report on 'Benchmarking India's Payment Systems’ which was released on Tuesday mentions that the country is "strong" in areas like having necessary laws and cash in circulation per capita.
The report provides a comparative position of the payment system ecosystem in India relative to comparable payment systems and usage trends in other major countries. It says India is a "leader" in regulating costs of payments systems, number of debit cards issued and automated teller machines.
- Question 37: What is the capital of Sudan?
Explanation: LogoThe UN Security Council met behind closed doors yesterday to discuss the crisis in Sudan after Khartoum’s military rulers announced plans to hold elections following a crackdown that killed nearly 40 people.
Germany and Britain requested the urgent talks amid international alarm over the violence in Khartoum where security forces broke up weeks of protests against military rule.
- Question 38: What is the name of Russia's first Arctic train service?
Explanation: In Russia, the first tourist train traveling through Russia's Arctic region and on to Norway, set off from St. Petersburg station yesterday with 91 passengers aboard for the inaugural trial journey.
The tourists came from seven countries including the US, Germany, Norway and Russia.
The train, named, Zarengold, complete with two restaurant cars will travel from Saint Petersburg through according to the organisers, the whole trip will take 11 days and allow passengers to discover areas difficult to access by other means.
- Question 39: Name Jal Shakti Minister of India?
Explanation: The Swachh Bharat initiative of the government has led to reduced ground water contamination. A study by the UNICEF said the substantial reductions may potentially be attributed to the improvement in sanitation and hygiene practices.
It said, supportive systems such as regular monitoring and behaviour change messaging, which have all been critical aspects of the Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen), also helped reduce ground water contamination.
- Question 40: ___ Economic Census, is likely to commence by the end of June?
Explanation:Preparations are underway for the seventh Economic Census, (7th EC) which is likely to commence by the end of June or the early next month.
In the run-up to the field work to be undertaken by the enumerators across the country, several activities have been planned by the Union Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, MoSPI. Training of trainers at the state level is an integral component of this massive exercise.
- Question 41: 2nd Global Disability Summit 2019 will be held in...?
Explanation:Social Justice and Empowerment minister Thaawarchand Gehlot has left for Buenos Aires in Argentina to participate in 2nd Global Disability Summit.
The objective of the three-day summit is to deliberate on issues across the world concerning empowerment and inclusion of Persons with Disabilities and to work out a mechanism for enabling them to live an independent and dignified life.
- Question 42: Govt has reconstituted ___ Cabinet Committees?
Explanation: The Government has reconstituted eight Cabinet Committees. These are Appointments Committee, Committees on Accommodation, Economic Affairs, Parliamentary Affairs, Political Affairs, Security, Investment and Growth and Cabinet Committee on Employment and Skill Development.
- Question 43: Sunil Chhetri is related with...?
Explanation: Sunil Chhetri became the most capped India player today by surpassing Bhaichung Bhutia's 107 international matches.
- Question 44: Where is Dzükou Valley ?
Explanation: In Nagaland, the scenic Dzükou Valley has become Plastic Free Zone on the occasion of World Environment Day.
The declaration was made officially by Advisor of Youth Resources and Sports, Zale Neikha. The much-appreciated initiative on declaring this scenic valley as a ‘plastic-free zone’ was taken by Southern Angami Youth Organisation (SAYO) in accordance with its pledge to conserve and protect the environment.
- Question 45: What is the Repo Rate as on June 7th?
Explanation:The Reserve bank of India in its bi-monthly monetary policy review today reduced the repo rate by 25 basis points to 5.75 per cent from 6.0 per cent with immediate effect.
Consequently, the reverse repo rate stands adjusted to 5.50 per cent, and the marginal standing facility rate and the Bank Rate to 6.0 per cent.
- Question 46: In India's policy Neighbourhood-First Policy and the SAGAR Doctrine, what is the meaning of R in SAGAR?
Explanation:SAGAR: Security And Growth for All in the Region
- Question 47: Adivashi Cobra Militant is related with...?
Explanation: The Assam government has extended Suspension of Operation agreement with Adivashi Cobra Militant of Assam for another six months.
The state government and the outfit mutually agreed to extend the agreement till 31st of October this year.
- Question 48: Jaspal Inder Singh Kalra, who did recently, was a famous...?
Explanation: Jaspal Inder Singh Kalra (71), the celebrated chef and culinary revivalist, has passed away on June 4 in New Delhi.
He earned epithets like ‘Czar of Indian Cuisine’ and ‘Taste Maker to the Nation’, and was popularly known as Jiggs Kalra.
- Question 49: Who will be the chairman of NITI Aayog?
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the reconstitution of National Institution for Transforming India, NITI Aayog. Mr Modi will be the chairperson of the Aayog and Rajiv Kumar will be the Vice Chairman.
- Question 50: 14th summit of Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC-2019) held in...?
- Question 51: Who is the new Goa’s brand ambassador to promote yoga?
Explanation: Namrata Menon, the Panaji-based Yoga instructor and fitness expert, has been appointed as the Goa's brand ambassador to promote the ancient system of physical and mental practices in the coastal state.
- Question 52: ___ has said that it will not implement Ayushman Bharat -Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
Explanation: Union Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan has expressed deep anguish over the reply of Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal that Delhi Government will not implement Ayushman Bharat -Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana in Delhi.
In a letter to Mr Kejriwal, Dr. Harsh Vardhan said that the response shows that the Chief Minister is least interested in the welfare of the people
- Question 53: Where is Dabolim airport?
Explanation: Flight operations at Goa’s Dabolim airport were affected after a Mig-29 detached its fuel tank on the runway between 12:30 pm and 1 pm due to technical issues during a sortie today.
- Question 54: Ashleigh Barty is related with...?
Explanation: In French Open Tennis, Australian Ashleigh Barty won her first Grand Slam singles title after easing past Czech teenager Marketa Vondrousova in straight sets in the women's final.
- Question 55: King's Cup tournament is related with...?
Explanation: Indian football team defeated hosts Thailand 1-0 and finished third in the King's Cup tournament in Buriram, Thailand today.
- Question 56: ICC has turned down the BCCI's request to allow ___ to continue wearing the army insignia on his wicket-keeping gloves?
Explanation: International Cricket Council yesterday turned down the BCCI's request to allow Indian player Mahendra Singh Dhoni to continue wearing the army insignia on his wicket-keeping gloves.
ICC in a statement said that the regulations for ICC events do not permit any individual message or logo to be displayed on any items of clothing or equipment. In addition to this, the logo also breaches the regulations in relation to what is permitted on wicketkeeper gloves.
- Question 57: ___ is hosting 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup ?
Explanation:France beat South Korea 4-0 in the opening match of the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup in Paris.
- Question 58: PGPIC is petrochemical group from....?
Explanation: United States has hit Iran's petrochemical group PGPIC with economic sanctions due to its ties with the country's Revolutionary Guards.
The Treasury Department said the move aims to choke off financing to the country's largest and most profitable petrochemical group and extends to its 39 subsidiaries and foreign-based sales agents.
- Question 59: What is India’s rank at the first-ever SDG Gender Index?
Explanation: India has been ranked 95th out of a total 129 countries in the first-ever SDG Gender Index, which measures strides made in achieving gender commitment.
Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Slovenia, Germany, Canada, Ireland, and Australia rank as the top 10 countries in the index.
- Question 60: The first interactive game show Confetti in India has been launched by...?
Explanation: The interactive show will air from Wednesday to Sunday and will challenge participants to answer pop culture trivia questions for a chance to win Rs 3 lakh as cash prize every day.
- Question 61: The Airports Authority of India (AAI) has recently signed a pact with ___ to modernize air traffic management in India?
Explanation: The US aircraft maker Boeing Co and national airports body Airports Authority of India (AAI) have signed a technical assistance agreement for developing a comprehensive roadmap for modernization of air traffic services in the country.
- Question 62: __ has successfully launched its first sea-based space rocket from Yellow Sea?
Explanation: China has successfully launched a space rocket from sea for the first time and became the third nation to successfully demonstrate the ability to launch satellites into orbit from a floating platform after Russia and United States.
- Question 63: Sidharth Rawat is associated with..?
Explanation:Indian tennis player Sidharth Rawat defeated Rio Noguchi of Japan to win his first title in the $25,000 ITF men’s Futures tennis tournament on June 2.
- Question 64: ___ has won the French Open Men's Singles title for the 12th time?
Explanation: In Tennis, world number two Rafael Nadal has lifted the French Open Men's Singles title for the 12th time.
In the summit clash played at Paris last night, the Spaniard defeated Austrian fourth seed Dominic Thiem, 6-3, 5-7, 6-1, 6-1 to win at the Roland Garros for the third straight year.
- Question 65: ___ is hosting 3rd Youth men's and women's national boxing championship ?
Explanation:Haryana and Maharashtra dominated the third day of the 3rd Youth men's and women's national boxing championship in Rudrapur, Uttarakhand with eight pugilists from the two states progressing to the quarterfinals.
- Question 66: Who won 2019 Canadian Grand Prix?
Explanation: Lewis Hamilton secured a record-breaking seventh win at the 2019 Canadian Grand Prix yesterday after Sebastian Vettel was penalised for dangerous driving.
During the race, both Vettel and Hamilton were engaged in a head-to-head battle when the former ran across the grass accidentally, in the process squeezing the Britsh driver when he re-joined the track.
The incident led to the stewards awarding a five-second race time penalty to the German driver. Ferrari will appeal against the decision over the five-second penalty given to Vettel which costed him the race.
- Question 67: ___ has decided to ban single-use plastics from 2021?
Explanation: Canada Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Monday announced that single-use plastics will be banned in the country from 2021. He declared it a global challenge to phase out the plastic bags, straws and cutlery clogging the world's oceans.
- Question 68: What is MSMEs contribution in India's exports?
Explanation: MSMEs contribute around 45 per cent in India's exports, about 25 per cent to the GDP from service activities and over 33 per cent to the manufacturing output of India.
India has pitched for promoting micro, small and medium enterprises, MSMEs in developing countries as they are important for employment and income generation.
This was emphasised by Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal at a session on - Promotion of Trade and Investment that contribute to Sustainable and Inclusive Growth' at G20 nations meet in Japanese city Tsukuba.
- Question 69: Which state was in news because of deaths Acute Encephalitis Syndrome?
Explanation: National Human Rights Commission, NHRC has issued notices to the Union Health Ministry and Bihar government over increasing deaths of children due to Acute Encephalitis Syndrome.
- Question 70: At present Senkaku islands is controlled by...?
Explanation: Japan has protested against an unauthorized Chinese maritime survey within its economic waters near disputed East China Sea islands.
In Tokyo, Japan's Foreign Ministry said it lodged a protest with Beijing after a Chinese maritime research ship was seen dropping a wire-like object into the water off the northwestern coast of Japanese-controlled Senkaku islands.
- Question 71: Breakfast menu for inmates in __ jails changed after 231 years?
Explanation: The breakfast menu for inmates in Bangladeshi jails has been changed after 231 years. Under the new menu, inmates will receive bread and vegetables for four days, khichri for two days and halwa and bread on the other days of the week.
- Question 72: Mohammed Morsi was the former president of...?
Explanation: In Egypt, former president Mohammed Morsi died after collapsing during a session in court. State television reported that he was taken to a Cairo hospital but could not be revived.
- Question 73: Jyothi Surekha is related with...?
Explanation: Jyothi Surekha Vennam produced a stellar show to help India clinch two bronze medals in the compound women's section of Archery World Championships in the Netherlands.
- Question 74: Which committee has been constituted to review ATM pricing?
Explanation: The Reserve Bank of India has constituted a six-member committee to review the entire gamut of ATM charges and fees.
In a press release, the RBI said, Chief Executive of Indian Banks’ Association VG Kannan will chair the committee consisting of senior officers from National Payments Corporation of India, SBI, HDFC Bank, Confederation of ATM Industry and Tata Communications Payment Solutions Limited.
- Question 75: As per a UN report, FDI flows to India grew 6% in 2018 to ...?
Explanation: A UN report said, Foreign Direct Investment to India grew by 6 percent to 42 billion dollars in 2018, with strong inflows in the manufacturing, communication and financial services sectors, and cross-border merger and acquisition activities.
The report ranked India among the top 20 host economies for FDI inflows in 2017-18.
- Question 76: World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought is observed on...
Explanation:The day is observed to promote public awareness of international efforts to combat desertification. This year the theme is - Let’s Grow the Future Together.
- Question 77: ___ will host World Food India 2019?
Explanation: Food Processing Industries Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal said, World Food India will be held in New Delhi from 1st of November this year. She said, the event which will continue till 4th November, will position India as Food Processing Destination of the World.
- Question 78: World Elder Abuse Awareness Day is observed on..
Explanation:This day is observed on the 15th of June every year to voice opposition to the abuse and suffering inflicted on elderly people.
It was officially recognized by the United Nations General Assembly in December 2011 following a request by the International Network for the Prevention of Elder Abuse.
- Question 79: 1st International Day of Yoga was celebrated in...?
Explanation: In Nepal, many programmes are being organised to celebrate the 5th International Day of Yoga. Embassy of India in Kathmandu organised a programme on Yoga Day. The event started with Prime Minister Narendra Modi's message on International Day of Yoga.
- Question 80: ___ has said that it would surpass the uranium-stockpile limit set by its nuclear deal?
Explanation: The US has approved the deployment of 1,000 additional troops in West Asia for defensive purposes amidst tensions with Iran.
- Question 81: Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act came into the being in...?
Explanation: The CBI has booked lawyer Anand Grover and his Mumbai-based voluntary organisation, Lawyers Collective, for alleged violation of rules in receiving foreign aid.
- Question 82: ___ is the entry of funds into a country where foreigners deposit money in a country's bank or make purchases in the country's stock and bond markets, sometimes for speculation?
Explanation:Foreign portfolio investors or FPI remained net buyers in the domestic capital markets in June, pouring in a total of 11,132 crore rupees on a net basis this month so far.
- Question 83: Name the first female President of Slovakia?
Explanation: Zuzana Caputova, a liberal environmental activist and a political newcomer, has been sworn-in as the first female President of Slovakia in Bratislava
- Question 84: Name the first woman Project Director in an ISRO mission of Chandrayaan-2?
Explanation:Muthayya Vanitha will be the Project Director for the orbiter, the lander, and the rover, and Ritu Karidhal will be the Mission Director in charge of the GSLV-Mk III launch vehicle.
- Question 85: Who is Femina Miss India World 2019?
Explanation: Suman Rao from Rajasthan has won the Femina Miss India World 2019 beauty pageant during a star-studded ceremony at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Indoor Stadium in Mumbai.
- Question 86: The world's highest operating weather station has been installed on...?
Explanation: The National Geographic Society has announced the successful installation of the world's highest operating weather stations on Mount Everest to provide researchers, climbers, and the public with near real-time information about mountain conditions.
- Question 87: Who is the speaker of 17th Lok Sabha ?
Explanation: NDA nominee and BJP MP from Kota, Om Birla has been unanimously elected as the Speaker of 17th Lok Sabha.
- Question 88: World Sustainable Gastronomy Day is observed on...
Explanation: The World Sustainable Gastronomy Day (WSGS) is observed every year on the 18th of June to focus the world’s attention on the role that sustainable Gastronomy can play.
- Question 89: Which committee has been formed to study the current framework for MSMEs?
Explanation:The committee will suggest long-term solutions for the economic and financial sustainability of the MSMEs.
- Question 90: Under Khelo India Programme every year ___ players will be selected and trained?
Explanation:President Ram Nath Kovind has highlighted the importance of the government's flagship - Khelo India Programme.
Under this programme, 2,500 talented players have been selected and are being trained. The President said, this facility will now be provided to 2,500 new players every year.
- Question 91: Pankaj Advani is related with...?
Explanation: India's ace cueist Pankaj Advani beat compatriot Aditya Mehta in the quarterfinals of the Asian Snooker Championship in the Qatari capital Doha today.
With this victory, Advani assured himself of a medal. Mehta was one frame away from ousting the 21-time world champion from the tournament but Pankaj's resilient efforts saw him enforce the decider.
- Question 92: ___ will host Asian Junior Badminton Championship?
Explanation: LogoIndia today named a 23-member squad to represent the country at the Asian Junior Badminton Championship.
The tournament will be held in Suzhou, China from 20th of next month.
The boys' singles challenge will be spearheaded by Manipur's Maisnam Meiraba Luwang. He has amassed an impressive total of 1000 points by virtue of a fine run in the domestic circuit.
- Question 93: India can boost exports of __ products to US, China amid trade war?
Explanation: A study by the Commerce Ministry has said, the ongoing trade war between the US and China offers an opportunity to India for boosting exports of as many 350 products such as chemicals and granite to these countries.
According to the study, as much as 151 domestic products including diesel, X-ray tubes and certain chemicals have an outright advantage to displace the US exports to China. Similarly, 203 Indian goods like rubber and graphite electrodes have the advantage to displace Chinese exports to the US.
- Question 94: Indian Navy has deployed Ships ___ in the Gulf of Oman to re-assure Indian Flagged Vessels operating or transiting through the Persian Gulf and Gulf of Oman?
- Question 95: Which of these world body has delisted India ?
Explanation: Archery's world body has de-listed the Archery Association of India (AAI) as a member and given it a month's time to either get its house in order or face suspension.
- Question 96: ___ has launched Chullah project for smokeless kitchens?
Explanation: The Maharashtra government has decided to launch a pilot project providing smoke-free environment in the kitchen for women.
- Question 97: ___ has strongly urged Pakistan to swiftly complete its action plan by October 2019 or face consequences?
Explanation: FATFNewsThe Financial Action Task Force (FATF) has said that Pakistan failed to complete its action plan on terror financing.
The FATF strongly urged Pakistan to swiftly complete its action plan by October 2019 or face consequences.
Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia has become the first Arab country to be granted full membership of the group following its Annual General Meeting in Orlando, Florida on Friday.
Saudi Arabia has become the first Arab country to be granted full membership of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF). The Kingdom had obtained observer status in the Group in June 2015.
- Question 98: __ is hosting Women's FIH Series?
Explanation:In Hockey, India will lock horns with Japan in the summit clash of the Women's FIH Series Finals today.
In Hiroshima, while India defeated Chile 4-2 in the first semifinal, hosts Japan beat Russia 3-1 in the penalty shoot-out in the other semifinal after both the teams were locked 1-1 at the end of regulation 60 minutes on Saturday.
- Question 99: Thanjavoor Ramamoorthy, who passed away in Trichy, was a noted ___ exponent ?
Explanation:Noted mridangam exponent and former top grade staff artist of All India Radio, Thanjavoor Ramamoorthy passed away in Trichy, Tamilnadu.
He was 90. He had the unique distinction of having accompanied four generations of Carnatic stalwarts starting from violin genius Muringapuri Gopalakrishna Iyer, right up to renowned vocalist ML Vasanthakumari. He was the recipient of the Kalaimamani award of the Government of Tamilnadu.
- Question 100: __ has decided to demolish vulnerable old buildings?
Explanation:The Kolkata Municipal Corporation has decided to demolish all vulnerable old buildings in the city for safe staying of its occupants.
Disclosing this in Kolkata , the City Mayor and State Municipal and Urban Development Minister Firhad Hakim told that the Civic body has started survey of vulnerable buildings in the metropolis.
- Question 101: Govt will set up __ Krishi Vigyan Kendras to double farmers income by 2022?
Explanation: The Government has set up 713 Krishi Vigyan Kendras and 684 Agricultural Technology Management Agencies at the district level in the country for dissemination of technologies among the farming community.
This is aimed at meeting the target of doubling the farmers' income by 2022.
- Question 102: __ has decided to provide transportation cost to students to improve attendance in schools ?
Explanation: In a bid to improve attendance in schools in Odisha, thestate government has decided to provide transportation cost to students whostay more than a kilometre away from their schools.
Officials said, only students with an attendance of more than30 per cent will get the transportation allowance. The decision was taken at areview meeting chaired by School and Mass Education Minister Samir Ranjan Dash.
- Question 103: Indian airlines has decided to avoid --- airspace?
Explanation: India's aviation regulator Directorate General of Civil Aviation, DGCA, said all Indian flight operators in consultation with it have decided to avoid the affected part of the Iranian airspace to ensure safe travel for passengers.
They will also reroute their flight suitably.
- Question 104: Who was the founder of Bharatiya Jana Sangh?
Explanation:The martyrdom day of Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee is being observed today. He was the founder of Bharatiya Jana Sangh.
He was born in on 6th of July, 1901 in Kolkata, West Bengal.
- Question 105: US has unveiled 50 Billion Dollar Economic Plan for ...?
Explanation:United States today unveiled a 50 billion dollar global investment plan for the Palestinians under the Middle East peace plan.
The scheme, which calls for a mix of public and private financing and intends to create at least a million new jobs for Palestinians, was posted to the White House website ahead of a two-day conference in Bahrain.
- Question 106: Indian women's rugby team claimed its 1st-ever international Rugby by defeating...?
Explanation: The Indian women's rugby team claimed a historic first-ever international Rugby 15s victory with a 21-19 win over Singapore to finish third in the Asia Women's - Division 1 Rugby XVs Championship in Manila.
- Question 107: The government has developed a National Strategic Plan with the goal for ending Tuberculosis by ...?
Explanation: In his reply to a question in the Lok Sabha, Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare Ashwini Kumar Choubey said, India accounts for 27.4 lakh estimated new TB cases annually, which is the highest in terms of absolute numbers.
- Question 108: International Religious Freedom report 2019 has been published by...?
Explanation:To a query on the latest report on International Religious Freedom published by the US State Department, External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said, the Indian Constitution guarantees fundamental rights to all its citizens including minority communities.
- Question 109: Who won FIH Women Series Finals 2019?
Explanation:Indian women's hockey team beat Asian Games champions and hosts Japan 3-1 in the summit clash of the FIH Series Finals in Hiroshima.
Indian men had won the FIH Series Finals in Bhubaneswar recently.
- Question 110: __ State Senior Athletics Championship will have dope tests for 1st time ?
Explanation: Maharashtra State Senior Athletics Championship will have dope tests for the first time ever in a state championship in Mumbai. The two-day Athletics Championship will begin on June 25.
This was announced by the Athletics Federation of India president Adil Sumariwalla at a media briefing in Mumbai today.
- Question 111: 14th G-20 summit will be held in ....?
Explanation: Chinese President Xi Jinping will meet his US counterpart Donald Trump during the G-20 summit in Japan this week for key talks to clinch a deal to end the bruising trade war.
China's Foreign Ministry spokesperson Lu Kang today said, Xi will attend the 14th G-20 summit in Osaka, Japan from Thursday to Saturday.
- Question 112: What is the full form of CBIC?
Explanation: The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) said, introduction of manual checks in IGST refunds is aimed at preventing unscrupulous exporters from defrauding the exchequer.
- Question 113: Bankura, Purulia, and Burdwan are the districts ...?
Explanation: West Bengal government has called a high-level meeting today to discuss the water scarcity in the State.
Chief Secretary Maloy Dey will preside over the meeting at the State Secretariate where secretaries of Irrigation, municipal affairs, Panchayats, Public Health Engineering will be present.
Bankura, Purulia, parts of Burdwan districts are facing a severe water crisis.
- Question 114: International Olympic Day is observed on...
Explanation:The day is celebrated to promote participation in different sports throughout the world without any discrimination of the gender, age and athletic ability.
The day is not confined to sports activities but a serious international effort to promote fitness and well-being in addition to the Olympic ideals of fair play, solidarity, respect and Sportsmanship across the globe.
- Question 115: World Refugee Day is observed on...?
Explanation:This day is observed on the 20th of June every year to celebrate the stories and contributions of refugees. The theme this year is Step with Refugees - Take a Step on World Refugee Day.
- Question 116: Garuda-VI is Air Force exercise between India and -----?
Explanation:The Indian Air Force is participating in a bilateral exercise between Indian and French Air Force named Exercise Garuda-VI France from 1st of next month. It will continue till 12th of July.
This is the sixth edition of Exercise and is being planned at French Air Force Base, Mont-de-Marsan. The last exercise - Garuda V - was held at Air Force Station Jodhpur in 2014.
- Question 117: In news Black Forest Cup is associated with...?
Explanation: In Boxing, India's junior women pugilists clinched seven medals, including five gold, while the team was adjudged the best of the tournament in the Black Forest Cup in Villingen, Schwenningen, Germany.
- Question 118: International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking is observed on...?
Explanation: The International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking is a United Nations International Day against drug abuse and the illegal drug trade. It is observed annually on 26 June, since 1989.
- Question 119: Which of the following has restored Russia′s voting rights?
Explanation: Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe has voted in favour of restoring Russia's voting rights, five years after they were revoked over its illegal annexation of the Crimean Peninsula.
Despite strong opposition from Ukraine, the assembly voted 118 in favour and 62 against, with 10 abstentions. The move paves the way for Russia to participate in the election of a new secretary general for the pan-European rights body tomorrow.
- Question 120: ___ will make Dope test to be made mandatory for govt jobs ?
Explanation:Bangladesh Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan has said that dope test will be made compulsory for government jobs.
He said that in principle approval has been given by the cabinet to the proposal which will be implemented in phases.
- Question 121: __- is hosting 32nd Congress of International Seed Testing Association ?
Explanation:The 32nd Congress of the International Seed Testing Association (ISTA) will begin in Hyderabad. Union Minister of State for Agriculture Kailash Choudhary will formally inaugurate the Seed Congress which is being held for the first time in South Asia.
- Question 122: Who is the US Secretary of State ?
Explanation:External Affairs Minister Dr S. Jaishankar will hold talks with US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in New Delhi.
MEA spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said the two leaders will exchange views on a range of bilateral and regional issues of mutual interest.
- Question 123: e-Dharti app has been launched by...?
- Question 124: ___ has topped NITI Aayog health index?
Explanation:Kerala has topped among large states on overall health performance in NITI Aayog Health Index followed by Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra.
However, in terms of incremental performance Haryana, Rajasthan and Jharkhand are the top three states who performed well in comparison to the last health index.
- Question 125: RBI has launched CMS for filing online complaints against ...?
Explanation: The Reserve Bank of India has launched an application on its website for lodging complaints against banks and NBFCs with a view to improve customer experience in timely redressal of grievances.
RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das launched the Complaint Management System (CMS) is a software application.
- Question 126: What is the full form of PSOs - Payment System ....?
Explanation: The Reserve Bank today said all data related to payments must be stored in systems located only in India and data processed abroad will have to be brought back to the country within 24 hours.
The RBI had issued a directive in April 2018 on 'Storage of Payment System Data'. It had advised all system providers to ensure that within a period of six months, the entire data relating to payment systems operated by them is stored in a system only in India.
The RBI said in its Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on certain implementation issues raised by the Payment System Operators (PSOs) further said there is no bar on the processing of payment transactions outside India if so desired by the PSOs.
- Question 127: Jharna Dhara, was a famous...?
Explanation:Eminent Social Activist and secretary of the Gandhi Ashram Trust in Jayag, Noakhali, Bangladesh Jharna Dhara Chowdhury passed away today in Dhaka.
Born on October 15, 1938 at Lakshmipur, she devoted her whole life to promoting peace, communal harmony and social justice. She was deeply influenced by Gandhian principles of non-violence and communal harmony.
- Question 128: Govt. will provide clean drinking water to all by ...?
Explanation:Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat has reiterated the NDA Government’s commitment to provide clean drinking water to all by 2024.
Replying to a short duration discussion in the Rajya Sabha on the challenges of water crisis in the country, the Minister stressed the need to have a holistic approach to address the water problem in the country. He said the country has a tradition of saving ground water and conserving it.
- Question 129: Govt will provide broadband connectivity under BharatNet project to all gram panchayats by ....?
Explanation:Government plans to provide broadband connectivity under BharatNet Project to all gram panchayats in the country.
In a written reply in the Lok Sabha, Electronics and IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said that one lakh 28 thousand and 870 gram panchayats have been connected with optical fibre till date.
Under BharatNet project, the last mile connectivity is to be provided at all the 2.5 lakh gram panchayats in the country. The Minister informed that wi fi spots have been installed in 44,140 gram panchayats as of now.
- Question 130: __ will introduce a venture capital fund for export-oriented units?
Explanation: Maharashtra Food and Drugs Administration Minister Jaykumar Rawal has said that the state will soon introduce a venture capital fund for export-oriented units.
He said the state government is also in the process of setting up an export promotion council and Export-cum-Convention centers in different regions under a newly adopted industrial policy. He was speaking at the 18th World Trade Centers Association Day in Mumbai yesterday evening.
- Question 131: Which state has published additional NRC Draft Exclusion list?
Explanation:Assam, the Additional NRC Draft Exclusion list published today consisting of 1,02,462 persons.
Official sources said that the persons whose names appear in the Additional Draft Exclusion List are those persons whose names are included in the Draft NRC published on July last year, but have been subsequently found ineligible due to various reasons.
- Question 132: IOC has stripped of its Olympic status?
Explanation:The International Olympic Committee (IOC) today stripped Olympic status from the troubled world boxing body AIBA.
As a result, the IOC will now organize qualifying and final tournaments for the 2020 Tokyo Games. IOC members had voted to endorse the executive board's recommendation last month to suspend AIBA's Olympic status.
- Question 133: India's first water clinic for elephants has opened in...?
Explanation: India has opened its first specialised hydrotherapy treatment center (water clinic) for elephants suffering from arthritis, joint pain and foot ailments on the banks of the Yamuna in Mathura.
- Question 134: Mining in ___ has been causing pollution of rivers Bicholim, Mandovi and Terekhol ?
Explanation: In Goa, iron ore mining has adversely impacted the sediments of two major rivers in the state. This has ultimately affected the bottom-dwelling organisms in them, a study said. The study was conducted by the Marine Science Department of Goa University.
Researchers carried out detailed assessments of the impact of mining on the sediment cores of the rivers in Goa and also on the metal concentration in the Zuari estuary.
- Question 135: Navaratna Company __ has been selected for the President's award for utilization of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) fund in social development?
Explanation: NALCO started a scheme Aliali Jhia in 2015. The Ministry of Corporate Affairs has also praised the CMD of NALCO, Tapan Chand who started the scheme to adapt and promote the poor and talented girls for education.
- Question 136: __ will convert heritage properties into hotels to boost tourism?
Explanation:The West Bengal government has decided to convert heritage properties into hotels to boost tourism in the state.
State Chief Secretary Maloy Dey has directed all District Magistrates to identify heritage properties with potential for conversion into hotels, and sought detailed information on the matter at the earliest.
- Question 137: Which committee has been set up to revise the current series of WPI?
Explanation: The Government has constituted a Working Group for the revision of the current series of Wholesale Price Index.
In a release, Commerce and Industry Ministry said, Prof. Ramesh Chand, Member, Niti Aayog will be the chairman of the 18-member committee.
The Office of Economic Adviser, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade will be the nodal office for the Working Group and will process the report and recommendation of the Group for further necessary action.
- Question 138: Government plans to roll out one nation, one ration card by ...?
Explanation:The new mechanism will ensure that no poor person is deprived of Public Distribution System, PDS entitlement if the person shifts from one place to another.
- Question 139: Govt cuts interest rate on small savings schemes by __ per cent?
Explanation:The government has reduced interest rate on small savings schemes, including the National Savings Certificate and Public Provident Fund, by 0.1 per cent for the July-September quarter.
Barring interest on savings deposits, which has been retained at 4 per cent annually, rate on all other schemes has been slashed by 0.1 per cent.
- Question 140: The US and Taliban have started fresh negotiations in __ on ending war?
Explanation:The United States and the Taliban have opened fresh negotiations in Doha. The talks mark the seventh round of negotiations aimed at ending Afghanistan's longest war.
The negotiations have, so far, centred on four issues - counter-terrorism, presence of foreign troop presence, an intra-Afghan dialogue and a permanent ceasefire.
- Question 141: __ and Saudi Arabia have agreed to extend deal to keep oil production low owing to abundant world supplies ?
- Question 142: The US has deployed __ stealth fighters to Qatar for the 1st time ?
Explanation: The United States has deployed F-22 stealth fighters to Qatar for the first time, its military said yesterday. The announcement adds to a buildup of US forces in the Gulf amid tensions with Iran.