- Question 1: ____has introduced the - Companies Fresh Start Scheme, 2020 ?
Explanation:In order to provide relief to law-abiding companies and Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs) from the COVID 19 impact, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA), has introduced the - Companies Fresh Start Scheme, 2020 and revised the - LLP Settlement Scheme, 2020.
- Question 2: The government has extended the benefit of 2% interest subvention (IS) to banks and 3% prompt repayment incentive (PRI) to all farmers up to ___?
Explanation:The decision has been taken due to the national lockdown situation to prevent COVID-19 infection.
- Question 3: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has increased the foreign portfolio investment (FPI) limit in corporate bonds to ___ of outstanding stock for FY 2020-21?
Explanation:The limit has been increased under sections 10(4) and 11(1) of the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 (42 of 1999).
- Question 4: Ministry of Tourism launched ___ portal to help foreign tourists stuck in India?
Explanation:The Ministry of Tourism has launched a portal ‘Stranded in India’ as a support network to help foreign tourists who are stuck in various parts of India. The website is: strandedinindia.com.
- Question 5: Where is the headquarters of Mylab Discovery Solutions?
Explanation:Virologist Minal Dakhave Bhosale from Pune had headed the designing team for the coronavirus testing kit called - Mylab PathoDetect COVID-19 Qualitative PCR kit
- Question 6: What will be the motto of Tokyo Olympics 2021?
Explanation: The organisers of IOC (International Olympic Committee) announced the 32nd edition of rescheduled dates of Tokyo Olympics that will be held in Tokyo, Japan from July 23 to August 8, 2021,
The 2020 Olympics were postponed due to Coronavirus (COVID -19).
- Question 7: Arjun Dev who died recently was famous ___?
Explanation:On March 29, 2020, Professor Arjun Dev, the legendary historian and educationist passed away at the age of 81 in Noida.
- Question 8: Who is the writer of the Backstage: The Story Behind India’s High Growth Years?
Explanation:The book states about India’s spectacular economic growth and its historic achievements in poverty alleviation during the 10-year tenure of the United Progressive Alliance (UPA).
- Question 9: Who is the writer of the book - Sridevi: The Eternal Screen Goddess?
Explanation:Satyarth Nayak is better known for his novel The Emperor’s Riddles.
- Question 10: ___ launched a competition titled - United Against Corona- Express through Art?
Explanation:ICCR (Indian Council for Cultural Relations) launched a competition titled - United Against Corona- Express through Art The aim of the competition is to unite the citizens across the world.
- Question 11: Govt. has extended the existing foreign trade policy (2015-20) for one year till __?
Explanation:The existing Policy came into effect on 1st April, 2015, is valid for 5 years and was originally up to March 31, 2020.
- Question 12: United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) in its report has said that the world into recession because of Corona, except ___ ?
Explanation:The year 2020 will face the world recession, mainly developing countries due to COVID-19 pandemic with an exception to India and China.
- Question 13: Which of these has published a poverty report - East Asia and Pacific in the Time of COVID-19?
Explanation:World Bank in its April 2020 Economic Update for East Asia and Pacific (EAP) titled East Asia and Pacific in the Time of COVID-19 has stated that if the economic situation worsens further due to COVID-19 consequences then the poverty is estimated to increase by about 11 million people in the EAP region.
- Question 14: __ has launched PRAGYAAM app to issue e-passes for essential deliveries?
Explanation: The passes will be issued to those involved in the regular supply services, medical, banking & other necessary services.
- Question 15: Philip Warren Anderson, who died recently was famous...?
Explanation: Anderson received Nobel Prize in Physics in 1977, along with Nevill Francis Mott of Britain & the American John Hasbrouck van Vleck, for their contribution on fundamental theoretical investigations of the electronic structure of magnetic and disordered systems.
- Question 16: What is the meaning of in economic term CCyB, which was in the news recently?
Explanation:Counter-Cyclical Capital buffer is the capital to be kept by a bank to meet business cycle related risks. It is aimed to protect the banking sector against losses from changes in economic conditions.
- Question 17: ___ has offered USD 1 billion to India for the proposed a 4-year COVID-19 emergency response & health systems preparedness project?
Explanation:The project aims to develop the preparedness of India’s health care systems in the time of the pandemic & also to respond and mitigate the pandemic.
- Question 18: UNGA has adopted a resolution - Global solidarity to fight the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)’ - which has been co-sponsored by __ nations?
Explanation:Q. What is the objective of this resolution?
To intensify international cooperation so as to mitigate & defeat the pandemic which includes exchange of information, scientific knowledge & best practices in accordance with the guidelines recommended by the World Health Organization(WHO).
- Question 19: Asian Development Bank (ADB) in its Asian Development Outlook (ADO) 2020 has forecasted a slowdown in Indian economic growth to ___ for 2020-21 ?
- Question 20: Asian Youth Games 2021 will be in...?
Explanation:The Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) announced the 3rd edition of Asian Youth Games, which will be hosted in the coastal city of Shantou in Southern China from November 20 to 28, 2021.
- Question 21: Gita Ramjee who died recently was a famous...?
Explanation: World-renowned virologist Gita Ramjee, aged nearly 50 years, passed away in Johannesburg, South Africa, due to Coronavirus.
- Question 22: Which state has launched Mo Prativa programme to engage kids during the lockdown?
Explanation:Odisha in collaboration with UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund), has launched a creative skill competition programme called - Mo Prativa - My talent.
- Question 23: World Bank has approved ___ emergency funds for India to fight COVID-19?
Explanation:The largest amount of assistance was USD 1 billion for India followed by USD 200 million for Pakistan, USD 129 million for Sri Lanka, USD 100 million for Afghanistan and USD 83 million for Ethiopia.
- Question 24: India has released its first on National Corona Survey which conducted in ___ districts?
Explanation:The objective of the Survey is to develop a comparative analysis of COVID- 19 preparedness across India.
- Question 25: What is the name of India 1st comprehensive coronavirus (COVID-19) tracking app called?
- Question 26: Where is Chittaranjan Locomotive Works located?
Explanation:Chittaranjan locomotive works of Indian Railways creates world record of making 431 locomotives for FY 20.
- Question 27: Name mathematician, who died recently, and was famous for ‘DLS method of cricket ?
Explanation: On April 1, 2020, Tony Lewis, one of the men behind the Duckworth- Lewis- Stern (DLS) method, the mathematical formula used in weather-affected limited-overs cricket matches, passed away at the age of 78.
He was born on February 25, 1942, in Bolton, Lancashire, UK (United Kingdom).
- Question 28: Wimbledon Tennis Tournament ___ edition has cancelled for the first time since World War II due to COVID- 19?
Explanation:Wimbledon organizers canceled the 134th Edition of Wimbledon Tennis Tournament for the first time since WWII (World War II) due to the threats of Coronavirus (COVID- 19).
- Question 29: World Autism Awareness Day is observed on... ?
Explanation:Theme for the year 2020: The Transition to Adulthood.
- Question 30: Navaratnalu- Pedalandariki Illu (Houses for All Poor) is a state programme of...?
Explanation:The Andhra Pradesh (AP) Government has issued a modified set of guidelines for the distribution of 25 lakh house sites to urban and rural poor under the Navaratnalu- Pedalandariki Illu (Houses for All Poor) programme
- Question 31: On April 1, India has marked its 70 years of diplomatic relations with...?
Explanation: India became the first non-Communist country in Asia to establish diplomatic ties with China on April 1, 1950.
- Question 32: Who is heading committee constituted Central government to fight corona virus?
- Question 33: Govt has nominated ___ bank for collecting donations of PM Cares Fund?
Explanation: After State Bank of India (SBI), now State-owned Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) and private lender Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC) Bank have been nominated for the collection of donations for Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund (PM-Cares Fund),
- Question 34: What is the name of the low-cost ventilator, which has been developed by Indian Railways’ RCF to fight COVID-19?
Explanation: The cost of Jeevan is around Rs 10,000 without the compressor and it will not rise over Rs 30,000 even after adding a few more indicators.
- Question 35: NASA is planning First human base camp on Moon’s South Pole by ...?
Explanation: National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) unveiled its plan to setup ‘Artemis’, the first human base camp on Moon’s South Pole by 2024.
- Question 36: John O Keefe is related with which sport?
Explanation: Former Australia Test Spinner Stephen Norman John O’Keefe, 35 years old, has retired from first-class cricket
- Question 37: National Maritime Day is observed on...?
- Question 38: International Day of Conscience is observed on...?
- Question 39: Zhang Guowei is related with which sport?
Explanation: China’s world silver- medallist high jumper Zhang Guowei, 28 years old, renowned for his flamboyant twerking celebrations, announced his retirement in high jumping.
- Question 40: M.K. Arjunan was famous music composer of which language?
Explanation: He tuned about 700 songs, many of them among the biggest hits of all time.
- Question 41: Gov.has approved rupee __ crore for COVID-19 Emergency Response and Health System Preparedness Package?
Explanation:Funds will be provided in three phases — January 2020 to June 2020, July 2020 to March 2021 and from April 2021 to March 2024. This fund would be divided on the basis of the number of positive cases and the size of the state and the UT.
- Question 42: Centre launched Aarogya Setu IVRS for non-smart phones in collaboration with ...?
Explanation:The basic difference between both apps is that Aarogya Setu is for smartphones while IVRS is its helpline version for non-smart phones.
- Question 43: Which country has topped in FIFA’s ranking 2020?
Explanation:According to the FIFA (Federation Internationale de Football Association)/Coca-Cola World Ranking 2020, released on April 09, 2020, Indian football team retained its 108th position with 1187 points.
- Question 44: Brahm Kanchibotlam was a famous...?
Explanation:On April 6, 2020 The Indian-American veteran journalist Brahm Kanchibotla passed away at 66 due to coronavirus in a hospital on Long Island in New York, United States(US).
- Question 45: World Homeopathy Day is observed on...?
Explanation: The World Homeopathy Day is celebrated every year on April 10. This year the day marks the 265th birth anniversary of the father of the Homeopathy systems of medicines Dr. Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann, German physician, who discovered the way to heal through the use of homeopathy.
- Question 46: Play True Day 2020 was observed on..?
Explanation:April 9, 2020, The World Anti Doping Agency (WADA) celebrated the Play True Day 2020, which is dedicated to clean sport and the day aims to raise awareness among athletes, the sporting public and others about the importance of protecting it.
- Question 47: Which state has launched Operation SHIELD in 21 Containment Areas against COVID-19?
- Question 48: World Art Day is observed on...?
Explanation:To celebrate the fine arts & to promote awareness of creative activity worldwide, The International Association of Art (IAA/AIAP), partner of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has declared the World Art Day on April 15.
- Question 49: World Haemophilia Day is observed on...?
- Question 50: Who is the author of the book - Shuttling to the Top: The Story of P V Sindhu?
Explanation:The book conveys the story of one of the best badminton players in the world.
- Question 51: Who has created SAHYOG, analytic tools which help in decision making during the present COVID-19 outbreak?
Explanation:On April 15, 2020, Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India (GOI) has created an integrated geospatial platform from the available geospatial datasets, standards-based services and analytic tools which helps in decision making during the present COVID-19 outbreak and supports area-specific strategies to handle the socio-economic impact in the recovery phase.
- Question 52: ___ has become the World’s most digitally dexterous country?
Explanation: AS per Gartner 2019 Digital Workplace Survey, India has become the world’s most digitally dexterous (skillful) country in the world
- Question 53: Which bank has launched Safety Grid campaign for social distancing?
Explanation: The concept has been conceptualized by Leo Burnett India to help people maintain social distancing as prescribed by the World Health Organization (WHO) while waiting at shops during Lockdown
- Question 54: 4th Asian Para Games will be held in?
- Question 55: World Voice Day is observed on...?