- Question 1: In Telangana, two more districts have been notified, taking the total number of districts in the state to....?
Explanation: Government orders have been issued to this effect today. The new Districts, Narayanpet with 11 blocks and Mulug with 9 blocks will come into existence from tomorrow onwards.
- Question 2: ___ Assembly has passed a Bill to make Sanskrit the 2nd official language?
Explanation: The Himachal Pradesh Assembly today passed a Bill to make Sanskrit the second official language of the state.
The Himachal Pradesh Official Language Bill, 2019 (Amendment) was introduced by Irrigation and Public Health Minister Mahender Singh Thakur in the ongoing budget session.
- Question 3: Pokhran is a place in...?
Explanation: The Indian Air Force today carried out an exercise in Pokhran, Rajasthan, involving around 140 fighter jets and attack helicopters.
In the exercise, the IAF showcased firepower capability of indigenously-developed platforms like Light Combat Aircraft, Tejas, Advanced Light Helicopter and efficacy of Akash surface-to-air missile and Astra air-to-air missile.
- Question 4: Mauricio Macri is the president of President __?
Explanation:President of Argentina Mauricio Macri arrived in India early this morning a three-day official visit. He landed in Agra and visited the Taj Mahal. Mr Macri will reach New Delhi later.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will hold delegation level talks with the visiting dignitary tomorrow. During the talks, the two sides will review progress in bilateral ties and will explore new avenues of cooperation. Several agreements will be signed after the talks. Mr Macri will meet President Ram Nath Kovind at Rashtrapati Bhavan tomorrow evening.
- Question 5: Govt. has advised people to contribute towards families of martyrs only through website ...?
Explanation: Home Ministry has advised the people desirous of supporting families of martyrs of Central Armed Police Forces should only contribute through the website- bharatkeveer.gov.in.
Bharat Ke Veer is a trust into which public can contribute voluntarily to support families of martyrs of Central Armed Paramilitary Forces - BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP, NDRF, NSG, SSB and Assam Rifles. The contributions in Bharat ke Veer are exempted from income tax.
- Question 6: The government had cleared a proposal for managing __ AAI-run airports on PPP basis?
Explanation: Airports Authority of India (AAI) has received 32 technical bids from 10 companies to operate six airports. These airports are Guwahati, Thiruvananthapuram, Lucknow, Mangaluru, Ahmedabad and Jaipur.
- Question 7: Winner of Irani Cricket Cup 2019 is...?
Explanation: In cricket, Ranji champions Vidarbha beat Rest of India in Nagpur yesterday to retain the Irani Cup. Vidarbha has now become the third team after Mumbai and Karnataka to clinch two Irani Cup titles in a row.
- Question 8: India has raised customs duty to __ per cent on all goods imported from Pakistan?
Explanation: India has raised the basic customs duty to 200 per cent on all goods imported from Pakistan with immediate effect following withdrawal the Most Favoured Nation, MFN status in the aftermath of the Pulwama terror attack.
- Question 9: Country's 1st semi high-speed train Vande Bharat Express will run between India and __ ?
Explanation: Country's first semi high speed train Vande Bharat Express left Delhi for Varanasi this morning on its first commercial run. In a tweet, Minister for Railways Piyush Goyal said, tickets of the train have already been sold out for the next two weeks.