- Question 1: Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan pension scheme comes into effect from ...?
Explanation:The Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-Dhan scheme will be implemented from today.
Under the scheme, workers of the unorganized sector will receive a minimum assured pension of three thousand rupees per month after attaining the age of 60 years.
- Question 2: Mukhyamantri Vridhajan Pension Yojna is related with...?
Explanation: Bihar government has announced a universal old age pension scheme - Mukhyamantri Vridhajan Pension Yojna- MVPY (मुख्यमंत्री वृद्धजन पेंशन योजना) for all people above 60 years of age.
- Question 3: Where is Neela kurinji ?
Explanation: Tamil Nadu government has announced a novel scheme for the protection of the exotic Neela kurinji (Strobilanthus kunthianus) plants that flower only once in 12 years.
Following complaints that these rare and ecologically unique flowers are being packaged and sold on the commercial basis, the state department has warned that strict fines will be imposed in offenders.
- Question 4: Name the new US Attorney General?
Explanation: In the United States, William Barr was sworn for second time as the nation’s Attorney General, taking the helm of the Justice Department as special counsel Robert Mueller investigates Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.
- Question 5: What is the capital of Nigeria?
Explanation: In Nigeria, the government has ordered the closure of all land borders to ensure a smooth presidential election to be held on Saturday.
Nigeria will hold general elections to elect the President and National Assembly members. Minister of Interior Abdulrahman Dambazau said that the land borders will be closed from Friday to Sunday to ensure hitch-free polls.
- Question 6: Catalonia Autonomous community of ...?
Explanation:Catalan separatist leaders accused of rebellion for trying to make their region independent from Spain have launched their defense at the start of a long-awaited trial.
Sitting on benches in the ornate chamber of Madrid's Supreme Court, defendants faced a row of judges in proceedings, which were broadcast live on television.
- Question 7: The Centre has increased the minimum selling price of sugar by two rupees per kilogram to ___ rupees a kilogram?
Explanation:Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Minister Ram Vilas Paswan said, considering the rising arrears of sugarcane growers, the food department has increased the Minimum Support Price of sugar from 29 rupees to 31 rupees per kilogram for the year 2018-19.
- Question 8: WPI inflation falls to 10-month low of ___ % in January?
Explanation: Inflation based on wholesale prices fell to a 10-month low of 2.76 per cent in January over the previous month on softening prices of fuel and some food items.
According to government data released today, the Wholesale Price Index (WPI)-based inflation stood at 3.8 per cent in December 2018 and 3.02 per cent in January 2018.
- Question 9: NASA will launch a new space telescope in ___ that could provide a glimpse of the first moments in the history of the universe and explore how common are the ingredients for life in our galaxy's planetary systems?
Explanation: The US space agency said that Spectro-Photometer for the History of the Universe, Epoch of Reionization and Ices Explorer (SPHEREx) mission is a planned two-year mission funded at 242 million US Dollars.