Must Read Articles
One liners: 21 Must Know GK pointers of Jan. 2019
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has set up an expert committee, headed by its Former Governor. Bimal Jalan, to suggest how the Central Bank should handle its reserves and whether it can transfer its surplus to the Government.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the International Rice Research Institute South Asia Regional Centre (IRRI SARC) in Varanasi.
- The Government of Uttar Pradesh has initiated "One District, One Product" Scheme to encourage indigenous and specialized products and crafts of the state.
- The new Government of Rajasthan has abolished the condition of a minimum educational qualification to contest local body elections.
- The Government of Madhya Pradesh has announced setting up of a new Adhyatmik Vibhag (Spiritual Department).
- The oil marketing companies have launched Ujjwala Sanitary Napkin Initiative, as part of their corporate social responsibility (CSR) in Odisha.
- The government of Pakistan has decided to launch Panda Bonds to raise loans from Chinese capital markets.
- The Panel headed by IIT-Hyderabad chairman B V R Mohan Reddy has suggested All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), not to allow setting up of new Engineering colleges from 2020.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has launched an outreach programme called Samwad with Students.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has launched Survey on Retail Payment Habits of Individuals (SRPHi).
- Japan has announced its decision to withdraw from the International Whaling Commission (IWC).
- The Union Home Ministry has approved the proposal of the Uttar Pradesh Government to rename Allahabad as Prayagraj.
- The RBI has proposed a one-time loan restructuring scheme for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).
- The National Legal Services Authority (NALSA) has been constituted under the Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987 to provide free Legal Services to the weaker sections of the society.
- An ambitious web-based single-window system PARIVESH (Pro-Active and Responsive facilitation by Interactive, Virtuous and Environmental Single-window Hub) for environmental clearances will be rolled-out at state levels by January 15.
- The government of West Bengal has announced the Krishak Bandhu scheme to address farm distress in the state.
- The Sabarimala Shrine has been opened for the annual 21-day Makaravilakku festival season.
- The Government has launched the Green - Ag: Transforming Indian Agriculture project for global environmental benefits and the conservation of critical biodiversity and forest landscapes in association with Global Environment Facility (GEF).
- The Union Cabinet has approved the setting up of a high-level committee for the implementation of clause 6 of the Assam Accord.
- Kathak exponent Anindita Neogy Anaam has been honored with the prestigious National Nritya Shiromani award for her contribution towards preserving and promoting the dance from across the world.
- The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) provincial government of Pakistan has declared the ancient Hindu religious site of Panj Tirath in Peshawar of North Western Pakistan as national heritage.