- Question 1: Indian Customs and Department of India Posts held its first-ever Joint Conference in ...?
Explanation:Indian Customs and Department of India Posts held a first-ever Joint Conference in Vigyan Bhavan in New Delhi to deliberate on streamlining of imports and exports by post.
ii. Imports and exports by post are the 6th highest cited citizen grievances under Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMs).
- Question 2: Who is the author of the book - Across the Bench - Insight into the Indian Military Judicial System?
Explanation:General Bipin Rawat, Chief of Army the Staff released the book - Across the Bench - Insight into the Indian Military Judicial System - by Lt Gen Gyan Bhushan, former Army Commander and Member 'A', Armed Forces Tribunal, Lucknow Bench.
- Question 3: What was the theme of International Nurses Day 208?
- Question 4: Who is the winner of 11th KISS Humanitarian Award 2018?
Explanation: Nobel laureate and noted economist Muhammad Yunus was honoured with the 11th KISS Humanitarian Award 2018 at a function held in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
Yunus is the founder of Grameen Bank and is known as the Father of Microfinance.
- Question 5: __ is the largest remittance receiving country in the world?
Explanation:India has become the largest remittance-receiving country in the world, with migrant workers from the country sending home 69 billion US dollars in 2017.
According to the report ‘RemitSCOPE - Remittance markets and opportunities - Asia and the Pacific', remittances to the Asia-Pacific region amounted to 256 billion dollars last year.
- Question 6: Asian Champions Trophy is being held in...?
Explanation:In Women's Hockey, India began their title defence of the Asian Champions Trophy with a 4-1 win over Japan at Donghae in South Korea.
- Question 7: Where is the headquarters of Asian Development Bank?
Explanation: The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has said, India's projected GDP growth of over 7 percent for the current fiscal is amazingly fast and if this momentum is maintained, the size of the economy can double within a decade.
- Question 8: Where is Shinmoedake volcano?
Explanation:A volcano in southern Japan erupted today, shooting grey smoke and ash thousands of metres into the sky.
The Meteorological Agency said the Shinmoedake volcano had its second major eruption since it exploded in March for the first time since 2011.
- Question 9: Army has finalised ___ ammunition production project?
Explanation: Army has finalised a mega 15,000 crore rupees project under which a range of ammunition for its critical weapons and tanks will be produced indigenously. Official sources said, 11 private firms would be involved in the ambitious project.