- Question 1: The National Green Tribunal has imposed a fine of 100 crore rupees on __ government for its failure to curb illegal coal mining in the state?
Explanation: The amount of the fine has to be deposited with the Central Pollution Control Board within two months. The action comes after a high-level committee submitted an adverse report to a bench headed by NGT chairperson AK Goel.
- Question 2: ___ is hosting Indian Panorama Film Festival ?
Explanation: The 10-day long Indian Panorama Film Festival began on Friday evening at Siri Fort Auditorium in New Delhi.
Inaugurating the Festival, Secretary, Information and Broadcasting Ministry, Amit Khare said films rise above all constraints of languages. He said the films to be shown in the Festival reflect the economic progress the country has made and the changes that society has undergone.
- Question 3: Where is Siang District?
Explanation:Arunachal : East Siang District achieves 100% electrification under Saubhagya
Saubhagya Scheme In Arunachal Pradesh, East Siang District has achieved 100 percent electrification under the Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana- Saubhagya Scheme.
This was informed by the state’s Power Department.
- Question 4: Saubhagya scheme is related with..?
Explanation: Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana -Saubhagya scheme has brought a monumental change in the lives of the poor people in Odisha. The objective of the scheme is to provide energy access to all by last mile connectivity and electricity connection to all un-electrified households in rural as well as urban areas to achieve universal household electrification by 2019.
- Question 5: 80th National Table Tennis Championship is underway in?
Explanation: The 80th National Table Tennis Championship began at Jawaharlal Nehru Indoor Stadium in Cuttack on Friday.
As many as 35 teams, including 550 players from different parts of the country are participating in the mega championship.
- Question 6: Lovlina Borgohain is related with..?
Explanation: In the Women's National Boxing Championships, Lovlina Borgohain entered the quarter-finals owing to a walkover as pugilists from Haryana and Kerala impressed in Vijayanagara, today.
- Question 7: Reserve Bank has allowed a one-time restructuring of existing debt of up to __ crore rupees for the companies which have defaulted on payment?
Explanation: Reserve Bank has allowed a one-time restructuring of existing debt of up to 25 crore rupees for the companies which have defaulted on payment but the loans given to them have continued to be classified as standard assets.
The decision will help the micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) which are facing cash crunch in the wake of demonetisation and GST implementation.
- Question 8: FSSAI asks food businesses to comply with new packaging norms by ..., 2019?
Explanation: Food Safety and Standards Authority of India FSSAI has said food businesses need to comply with new packaging regulations that bar use of recycled plastics and newspapers to wrap food articles by July 1.
In a release yesterday FSSAI CEO Pawan Agarwal said the new packaging regulations would raise the bar of food safety in India to the next level.
- Question 9: China __-probe has successfully landed on the far side of the moon.
Explanation: China's Chang'e-4 probe has successfully landed on the far side of the moon.
The local media reported the unmanned Chang'e 4 lunar lander and rover spacecraft touched down at 10:26 a.m. local time (02:26 GMT) on Jan. 3.