- Question 1: Government expenditure on education has gone up from 3.8 per cent of GDP in 2014 to __ per cent in 2019?
Explanation: Union Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar said that the government expenditure on education has gone up from 3.8 per cent of GDP in 2014 to 4.6 per cent during the NDA rule.
- Question 2: The eighth edition of joint military exercise between the armies of India and Bangladesh is underway in...?
Explanation: The eighth edition of joint military exercise between the armies of India and Bangladesh began yesterday with an impressive ceremony at Bongobondhu Cantonment in Tangail, Bangladesh.
The joint military exercise 'Sampriti' is aiming to increase mutual cooperation, bonhomie and camaraderie between the armies of two countries. In a statement, Ministry of Defence said that the exercise is a part of the ongoing India-Bangladesh defence cooperation.
- Question 3: __- attended a meeting of Arab states for the first time since conflict broke out there in 2011?
Explanation: Syria attended a meeting of Arab states for the first time since conflict broke out there in 2011.
Syria's parliament speaker, Hammouda Sabbagh, travelled to Amman for an Arab inter-parliamentary meeting.
- Question 4: __ govt will appoint Lokpal in universities to resolve student grievances?
Explanation: Maharashtra government will appoint a Lokpal in all universities except agricultural universities to resolve student grievances.
Education Minister Vinod Tawde yesterday said the appointment of the students' ombudsman would be made in the next two to three months. He said Maharashtra would be the first state in the country to have such a Lokpal for universities.
- Question 5: For the first time in nine years ___ joined the top five club in the latest ICC women's cricket rankings for ODI bowler
Explanation:Stylish left-handed India opener Smriti Mandhana consolidated her position at the top with a career-best 797 points.
In ODI All-Rounder rankings, Shikha Pandey has been placed joint 3rd along with South Africa's Dane van Niekerk. Veteran pacer Jhulan Goswami topped the latest ICC women's cricket rankings.
- Question 6: ___ thousand crore rupees have been released to be disbursed under OROP for the defence personnel?
Explanation: Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman says 35 thousand crore rupees have been released to be disbursed under OROP for the defence personnel.
She was speaking at SHOURYA SAMMAN SAMAROH in Dehradun on Monday.
The Minister announced that three hospitals of 200 beds would be built for defence personnel.
- Question 7: ___ has launched Yuva Vigyani Karyakram for school children
Explanation:The Indian Space Research Organisation, ISRO, has launched “Yuva Vigyani Karyakram” for school children.
ISRO scientists will impart basic knowledge on Space Technology, Space Science and Space Applications to the children to arouse their interest in emerging areas of Space activities.
- Question 8: Zhores Alferov, a ___ physicist and Nobel Prize laureate, has died?
Explanation: In 2000, Alferov received the Nobel Prize in Physics together with US scientists Jack Kilby and Herbert Kroemer, for developing semiconductor heterostructures used in high-speed-and optoelectronics.
- Question 9: Centre has brought ___ non-scheduled cancer drugs under price control?
Explanation: The Centre has brought 42 non-scheduled anti-cancer drugs under the price control, capping trade margin at 30 per cent, which will reduce their retail prices by up to 85 per cent.