- Question 1: On March 11, a new visa agreement between ___ and India comes into force?
Explanation: The new visa agreement between Maldives and India has come into force from today. The agreement will provide a liberal visa policy for Maldivians seeking medical treatment as well as education and business opportunities in India.
The visa deal will allow Maldivian businessmen and tourists to stay in India for 90 days without a visa. Maldivians with tourist visas can also stay in India for treatment if they suffer a sudden medical issue.
- Question 2: ___ has decided to carry out first all-female spacewalk at the International Space Station (ISS)?
Explanation:The US space agency NASA has recently announced that it will carry out first all-female spacewalk at the International Space Station (ISS) on 29th March.
Astronauts - Christina Koch and Anne McClain -will walk outside the ISS on a mission to replace batteries installed last summer.
- Question 3: ___ committee has been formed to curb fraud in Ayushman Bharat scheme?
Explanation: The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) and the National Health Authority (NHA) have formed a Joint Working Group (JWG) to curb fraud in Ayushman Bharat scheme.
- Question 4: ___ has been appointed as new UNDP Goodwill Ambassador?
Explanation: Indian-American television personality and internationally acclaimed food expert, Padma Lakshmi has been appointed by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) as its newest Goodwill Ambassador on the eve of International Women’s Day (IWD-2019).
- Question 5: What was the theme of the 2019 International Women’s Day
Explanation: The International Women’s Day (IWD) is celebrated every year on 8th of March 8.
- Question 6: Kiru Hydro Electric Project is on __ ?
Explanation: The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved the investment sanction for construction of 624 Mega watt Kiru Hydro Electric Project in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Question 7: Where is Buxar thermal Power Project?
Explanation:Investment for 1320 Mega Watt Buxar thermal Power Project in Bihar has been just also approved.
- Question 8: Where is Numaligarh Refinery ?
Explanation: Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has decided to expand the capacity of Numligarh Refinery in 3 Million Metric Tonne Per Annum, (MMTPA) to 9 MMTPA.
- Question 9: Who will be the chairperson of National Mission on Transformative Mobility and Battery Storage?
Explanation: The Centre formed the National Mission on Transformative Mobility and Battery Storage on Thursday (March 7)with a charge to finalise the framework for a Phased Manufacturing Program (PMP), aimed at localising the production of electric vehicles (EV) and its components within the country.