- Question 1: As per ADB India is expected to grow at ___ per cent in 2019?
Explanation:According to the Asian Development Outlook 2019, India's growth slowed from 7.2 per cent in fiscal 2017 to 7 per cent in 2018, with weaker agricultural output and consumption growth curtailed by higher global oil prices and lower government expenditure.
- Question 2: Asian Airgun Championships recently held in...?
Explanation:Indian shooters continued their dominance claiming five gold medals on the final day of the Asian Airgun Championships to sign off with a total of 25 medals in Taoyuan, Taipei.
- Question 3: As per the Asian Development Bank, India is expected to grow ___ per cent in 2020?
Explanation: It is expected to rebound to 7.2 per cent in 2019 and 7.3 per cent in 2020 as policy rates are cut and farmers receive income support, bolstering domestic demand.
The report added that sub-region wise, southeast Asia will sustain growth at close to 5 per cent this year and the next one.
- Question 4: Sultan Azlan Shah Hockey 2019 final was played between ...?
Explanation: India has lost to South Korea in the final of Sultan Azlan Shah Hockey tournament at Ipoh in Malaysia today. South Korea lifted the title, defeating India in a shoot out 4-2.
- Question 5: Section ___ empowers the central government to authorise the RBI for issuing directions to banking companies to initiate insolvency resolution process?
Explanation: Bruised by the Supreme Court’s verdict on the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI’s) February 12, 2018, circular on resolving bad debt, the government is planning to authorise the central bank to refer companies to the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) on a case-by-case basis.
- Question 6: What is the full form of economic term EBR?
Explanation:The Indian Railways received a breather from the Ministry of Finance, as it agreed to pay the principal and interest for Rs 5,000 crore that it raised through Extra-Budgetary Resources (EBR) to finance strategic railway projects in 2018-19.
- Question 7: Pakistan GDP growth to slump further to __ this year as per ADB?
Explanation:The Asian Development Bank (ADB) says, Pakistan's economic growth is set to slump further to 3.9 per cent in the fiscal year 2019 from 5.2 per cent in 2018.
In its flagship economic publication titled "Asian Development Outlook 2019," the Manila-based bank said Pakistan's economic growth decelerated in the fiscal year 2018 despite revived agriculture. It cited the "macroeconomic challenges" faced by the cash-strapped country for deceleration.
- Question 8: Which committee has been formed to review the ban imposed on Jamaat-e-Islami and JKLF?
Explanation: The Government of India (GoI) has constituted a tribunal to adjudicate if there exists sufficient cause to ban the Jamaat-e-Islami Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front
- Question 9: J Mahendr was the veteran ___ filmmaker ?
Explanation: He was known for infusing realism in Tamil cinema and for giving superstar Rajinikanth his career breakthrough with Mullum Malarum.
- Question 10: IIT __ has tied up with Pullela Gopichand Badminton Academy to develop training module?
Explanation: The thrust area of the collaboration is to promote health and wellbeing of sportspersons and coaches for enhancing the quality of performance and resilence.