- Question 1: ___ is hosting Biannual Army Commanders Conference 2019 ?
Explanation:The biannual Army Commanders Conference will begin in New Delhi on April 8. Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman will deliver her opening address at the conference.
During the conference, important issues that are likely to be discussed are the management of the extant security dynamics, mitigation of future security threats and enhancement of combat edge over potential adversaries.
- Question 2: Who is the author of the book - Saffron Swords: Centuries of Indic Resistance to Invaders ?
Explanation:It is a book on 52 unsung warriors of India from the last 1300 years. It celebrates the glory of our ancestors who offered stiff resistance, won battle and fought till their last breath against Islamic invaders and British.
- Question 3: Exercise Western Shield 2019 will be conducted in...?
Explanation: The Sri Lankan army has decided to conduct its largest-ever military exercise titled ‘Exercise Western Shield’ in July 2019 to provide an opportunity for army trainees to march through areas that are not usually accessible to others, except forest conservation authorities.
- Question 4: Name the new President of the Confederation of Indian Industry?
Explanation: Vikram Kirloskar, the CMD of Kirloskar Systems Ltd.
- Question 5: Project-75 is related with...?
Explanation: Six Scorpene-class submarines are currently being built under 'Project 75' of the Indian Navy. The submarines, designed by French firm Naval Group (earlier known as DCNS) are being built by Mazagon Dock Limited in Mumbai.
- Question 6: ___ has been conferred an honorary doctorate in Philanthropy by The University of Law, London?
Explanation: Earlier, he received two honorary doctorates from The University of Edinburgh and The University of Bedfordshire.
- Question 7: CPEC is related with...?
Explanation: Three influential US lawmakers have urged the Trump administration to oppose the proposed multi-billion bailout package being sought by Pakistan from International Monetary Fund.
They have argued that the bailout package could be used to repay the Chinese debt accumulated under the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).
- Question 8: IIT ___ has topped HRD's national ranking of institutes?
Explanation: Indian Institute of Technology Madras topped the rankings while the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore bagged the second rank followed by IIT Delhi.