- Question 1: _ space agency has successfully dropped an explosive on asteroid Ryugu to make crater?
Explanation: The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) has said that its Hayabusa2 spacecraft has successfully blasted the surface of an asteroid Ryugu to make a crater on its surface.
- Question 2: __- railway station has become India’s first-ever railway station to get green ISO certification?
Explanation:The Guwahati Railway Station has become the first station in India to obtain the ISO 14001: 2015 certification for implementation of the environmental management system by carrying out directives issued by the National Green Tribunal (NGT).
- Question 3: Scientists in __ have discovered a possible death switch mechanism in the plant's immune system?
Explanation: Chinese scientists have discovered a possible "death switch" mechanism in the plant's immune system that triggers infected cells to self-destruct, thus limiting the spread of the disease and keeping other parts of the plant healthy.
- Question 4: Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) was formed in...?
Explanation:CBDT is in the news regarding ongoing income tax raids in poll-bound states.
- Question 5: Recently, National Cardiology Conference 2019 held in...?
Explanation:The conference being held for the first time in Uttar Pradesh offers an opportunity to showcase newer innovations in Cardiology that can help deliver cost-effective cardiology care to patients.
- Question 6: World Homeopathy Day is observed on...?
Explanation: World Homeopathy Day is being observed on April 9 to commemorate the birth anniversary of the founder of Homeopathy, Dr Christian Fredrich Samuel Hahnemann.
- Question 7: Where is Nathu La Pass ?
Explanation: Registration for Kailash Manasarovar Yatra 2019 has begun from today. External Affairs Ministry said in a release that the Yatra is scheduled from 8th June to 8th September this year through two routes. The last date for registration is the 9th of May.
There are two routes for this Yatra. The route through Lipulekh Pass, Uttarakhand is estimated to cost about 1.8 lakh rupees per person.
The route through Nathu La Pass, Sikkim is motorable and suitable for senior citizens unable to undertake arduous trekking.
- Question 8: Bold Kurukshetra is a military exercise between India and ___?
Explanation:Military forces of India and Singapore got together to participate in a joint exercise in Babina Cantonment in Jhansi.
- Question 9: As per World Bank which country has received the highest remittances, $79 billion in 2018?
Explanation:As per the World Bank Report, India retained its position as the world's top recipient of remittances with its diaspora sending a whopping USD 79 billion back home in 2018. India was followed by China (USD 67 billion).
- Question 10: As per RBI norms to the banks to set up currency chests, what should be the minimum area for the strong room?
Explanation: The new chests should have a processing a capacity of 6.6 lakh pieces of banknotes per day. The currency chests should have CBL of Rs 1,000 crore, subject to ground realities and reasonable restrictions, at the discretion of the Reserve Bank.