- Question 1: Which country gives Order of St Andrew the Apostle - the highest state decoration of the country ?
Explanation: Russia today announced its decision to confer the Order of St Andrew the Apostle - the highest state decoration of the country on Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
The decoration is being given to Mr Modi for his exceptional services in promoting special and privileged strategic partnership between the Russian Federation and India and friendly relations between the Russian and Indian people.
- Question 2: Education technology startup __ has won the $25,000 Next Billion Edtech Prize 2019?
Explanation: its ability to empower parents to take charge of their child’s early education by creating short, friendly audio content that is sent to them via their mobile phone.
- Question 3: India has decided to procure 464 T-90 tanks from...?
Explanation:Deal is worth over Rs 13,500 crore. Under the new deal, the T-90 tanks would be provided to the Armoured Corps of the force which will use them for deployment.
- Question 4: ___ has won the 2019 Public Water Agency of the Year at the Global Water Summit (GWS)?
Explanation:The GWS was the major business conference for the water industry worldwide. The Namami Gange programme an integrated conservation mission has a budget of Rs 20,000 crore.
- Question 5: K Siva Reddy is a famous poet of ___ ?
Explanation: Telugu poet K Siva Reddy has been selected for the prestigious Saraswati Samman, 2018 for his collection of poetry titled Pakkaki Ottigilite (Turning Aside While Lying Down).
- Question 6: ___ is Wisden’s Leading Cricketer in the World for 2018?
Explanation: Indian captain Virat Kohli has been named as the Leading Cricketer of the year for an unprecedented third year in a row by the 2019
- Question 7: __ has recently sent a team of experts to re-measure height of Mount Everest?
Explanation:Chief Survey Officer Khim Lal Gautam and Survey Officer Rabin Karki will ascend Mount Everest.
After reaching the summit, they will use a Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) that will send readings about its height to their two colleagues at the base camp.
- Question 8: National Safe Motherhood Day (NSMD) is observed on ...?
Explanation: The 2019 theme was - Midwives for Mothers.
- Question 9: What is the Retail inflation for March 2019?
Explanation: Retail inflation saw a marginal rise of 2.86 per cent in March this year on account of increase in prices of food articles and fuel.
According to the data released today by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, the inflation based on the Consumer Price Index was 2.57 per cent in February this year. On a yearly basis, it was 4.28 per cent in March 2018.
- Question 10: Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps is related with...?
Explanation: The United States has recently designated Iran’s elite military force, Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), as a Foreign Terrorist Organization (FTO) in accordance with section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 (INA).