- Question 1: __ has been ranked first on the WHO’s list of 15 most polluted cities?
Explanation:As per the report, Uttar Pradesh's Kanpur has been ranked 1st on the WHO’s list of 15 most polluted cities.
Faridabad (Haryana) stood at 2nd position, followed by Varanasi (UP), which is the Lok Sabha constituency of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Question 2: Name West Bengal government scheme on skill development and distribution of bicycles to students have won the prestigious World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS-2019) awards?
Explanation: Utkarsh Bangla got the topmost award and emerged a winner in the Capacity Building category. The Utkarsh Bangla project aims at creating a pool of skilled candidates.
- Question 3: ___ has won New Zealand Prime Minister Sir Edmund Hillary Fellowship for 2019?
Explanation:The award will recognize her inspiring achievements.
- Question 4: __ has signed the first co-origination loan agreement with Paisalo Digital?
Explanation: To empower AGRI, MSME segment and small businesses, the State Bank of India (SBI) has signed the first co-origination loan agreement with PAISALO Digital Limited. It is the first agreement of its kind in the country that SBI has signed.
- Question 5: India and have launched a joint Industrial R&D programme to address shared challenges through technology and innovation?
Explanation: India and Sweden have recently launched the India-Sweden Collaborative Industrial Research and Development Programme on the occasion of the Sweden-India Innovation Partnership AI for All Summit in New Delhi.
- Question 6: SEHK is the name of ___ stock exchange?
Explanation:Hong Kong's equity market has overtaken Japan to be the world’s third largest in value, behind only the U.S. and mainland China.
- Question 7: Pakkaki Ottigilite is __ collection of poetry ?
Explanation: Telugu poet K Siva Reddy has been selected for the prestigious Saraswati Samman, 2018 for his collection of poetry titled Pakkaki Ottigilite. The award carries a cash prize of 15 lakh rupees and a citation.
- Question 8: What is the height of Mount Everest?
Explanation:Nepal has sent a team of experts to remeasure the height of Mount Everest. Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli bid adieu to four-member team of the Survey Department in Kathmandu.
It is for the first time, Nepal has sent its own team to conduct a survey of the world's highest mountain. Survey of India had measured the height as 8848 meter in 1954 and it has been adopted as authentic height by the Government of Nepal till date.
- Question 9: In the term GNSS, what is the meaning of G
Explanation: Nepal has sent a team of experts to remeasure the height of Mount Everest.
After reaching the summit they will use a Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) that will send readings about its height to their two colleagues who will remain at base camp.