- Question 1: Khalifa Haftar is a aelf-styled __ National Army ?
Explanation: At least 390 people have been killed and over 1,930 wounded since strongman Khalifa Haftar launched an offensive against the Libyan capital last month.
A UN's World Health Organisation today said, more than 50,000 have been displaced as a result of the intensifying armed conflict in Tripoli.
Haftar's self-styled Libyan National Army began its offensive against the Tripoli based Government of National Accord on April 4.
- Question 2: The Reserve Bank of India has said that it has imposed penalties on five PPI issuers. What is the meaning of I, in PPI?
Explanation:Prepaid Payment Instruments: Prepaid payment instruments are those which facilitate the purchase of goods and services against the value stored on such instruments.
The value stored on such instruments represents the value paid for by the holder, by cash, by debit to a bank account, or by credit card.
- Question 3: Recently, 34th GST Council meet held at..?
Explanation:Finance Minister Arun Jaitley chaired the 34th meeting of the Council through Video Conferencing.
The council is expected to take up various issues including the implementation of lower GST rates for the real estate sector.
- Question 4: 11th Meeting of Joint Working Group of India and Australia on Counter-Terrorism held at..?
Explanation: India and Australia have agreed to further deepen counter-terrorism cooperation through the regular exchange of information and sharing of best practices on countering extremism and radicalization.
The two countries held the 11th Meeting of Joint Working Group on Counter-Terrorism at Canberra.
- Question 5: National Conference on Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code 2019 held in...?
Explanation:A National Conference on Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code was held in New Delhi today.
The participants suggested that creditors should provide all relevant information and share their vision for companies under the insolvency process. They also expressed the view that it will be dangerous to let viable firms to close down.
- Question 6: ISRO Chandrayaan-2 in the launch window between July 9 and 16, with the aim of its lander soft landing near the south pole of the moon by__ ?
Explanation:Indian Space Research Organization is also planning to send a probe to study the sun early next year.
The satellite would be ed in a halo orbit around the L1 (Lagrangian point 1) of the Sun-Earth system so that it has the advantage of continuously viewing the Sun without any occultation or eclipses
- Question 7: __ is hosting TePe Sigeman & Co International tournament 2019?
Explanation: In chess, the TePe Sigeman Co International tournament, begins in Malmo, Sweden on May 3.
Fourteen-year-old Indian Grandmaster Nihal Sarin is training his sight to become the youngest Indian to break the 2600 rating barrier from this event.
- Question 8: As on May 4 what is India ICC Test and T20 rankings, respectively?
Explanation: India retained its top position in the ICC Test rankings, while England remained the number one ODI side in the latest annual d rankings released in Dubai today. India also moved two points in second position in the ODI rankings behind England.
The world body governing cricket, ICC on Friday unveiled an expanded men's Twenty20 International team rankings with 80 teams.
- Question 9: Neeraj Chopra is related with...?
Explanation: Star Indian javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra has undergone an elbow surgery in Mumbai. He developed pain in his elbow while practising at the NIS Patiala last month.
It has been learnt that recovery of Neeraj is likely to take three to four months, putting his participation at the upcoming prestigious Worlds during September and October this year in serious doubt.
- Question 10: Name the author of the book - Politics of Jugaad: The Coalition Handbook?
Explanation:The author examined the possibility of a coalition government after 2019 Lok Sabha polls.