- Question 1: Gaurav Solanki and Manish Kaushik are related with..?
Explanation: Indian boxers finished with a rich haul of six medals, including two gold at the 36th Feliks Stamm International Boxing Tournament in Warsaw, Poland on May 5.
Gaurav Solanki and Manish Kaushik bagged one gold each. Indian boxers also clinched a silver and three bronze.
The 22-year-old Solanki out-punched England's William Cawley 5-0 in 52 kilogram on his way to the coveted yellow metal.
- Question 2: Where is Sanjay Gandhi National Park?
Explanation:Bajirao, the last captive white tiger at the Sanjay Gandhi National Park in Mumbai suburb Borivali, died at the age of 18.
- Question 3: Claire Polosak, who became the first female umpire is from...?
Explanation: Claire Polosak from Australia created history by becoming the first female umpire to stand in a men's One-Day International (ODI).
- Question 4: As per Stockholm International Peace Research Institute, ___ is the largest spender on military expenditure in 2018?
Explanation: The global military spent rose by 2.6% to $1,822 billion in 2018.
- Question 5: Who is the winner of 2019 Goldman Environmental Prize ?
Explanation:He exposed alleged abuse by the palm oil company Golden Veroleum Liberia and helping to prevent it from converting about 50 km2 of forest that is home to elephants, pygmy hippopotamuses and chimpanzees into palm oil plantations.
- Question 6: Winner of 2019 Spanish La Liga title is...?
Explanation: Barcelona FC has successfully defended its Spanish La Liga crown after beating Levante UD in the final
- Question 7: Phanigiri is a place in...?
Explanation: Archaeologists in Telangana have recently unearthed a rare life-sized stucco sculpture from a Buddhist site at Phanigiri in Suryapet.
It is considered to be the biggest stucco sculpture found in the excavations in the country till date.
- Question 8: World Press Freedom Day is observed on...?
Explanation: Today is World Press Freedom Day which was proclaimed by the UN General Assembly in December 1993, following the recommendation of UNESCO's General Conference.
It is an opportunity to celebrate the fundamental principles of press freedom, assess the state of press freedom throughout the world, defend the media from attacks on their independence, and pay tribute to journalists who have lost their lives in the line of duty.
- Question 9: ___ lander will touch down near the Moon's south pole on 6th September?
Explanation: India's second lunar mission Chandrayaan-2 will be launched on a day between 9 and 16 July this year.
In a release, the Indian Space Research Organisation said, Chandrayaan-2’s lander will touch down near the Moon's south pole on 6th September.