- Question 1: Name the first woman to be appointed to ICC's international panel of match referees?
Explanation: India's GS Lakshmi first woman on ICC international panel of match referees
AIR Pics India's G.S. Lakshmi has become the first woman to be appointed to ICC's international panel of match referees and will be eligible to officiate in international games with immediate effect.
Claire Polosak had become the first ever woman umpire to stand in a men's ODI, earlier this month.
Lakshmi, 51, who first officiated as a match referee in domestic women's cricket in 2008-09, has overseen three women's ODI matches and three women's T20 International matches.
- Question 2: Shagun Chowdhary is related with..?
Explanation: Shagun Chowdhary shot 65 out of 75 to emerge the best-placed Indian at 34th position after day one of the Women's Trapshooting qualifiers at the International Shooting Sport Federation World Cup Shotgun in Changwon, Korea.
Shagun shot rounds of 21, 21 and 23 to lie at 34th spot with France's Carole Cormenier and China's Wang Xiaojing leading the 59-strong field with scores of 72 each at the year's third Shotgun World Cup stage.
- Question 3: Where did 6th Session of the Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction held ?
Explanation:India has been unanimously chosen as co-chair of the Consultative Group (CG) of Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery (GFDRR) for the fiscal year 2020.
The decision was taken during the meeting of GFDRR held in Geneva, Switzerland yesterday on the margins of the 6th Session of the Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction.
- Question 4: Which public sector bank has registered a loss of 189.77 crore rupees in the last quarter, as compared to its previous quarter?
Explanation:Representational PicThe public sector Indian Bank has registered a loss of 189.77 crore rupees in the last quarter, as compared to its previous quarter.
Its Chairperson and Managing Director Padmaja Chunduru unveiled the bank's annual financial results today in Chennai. Later, addressing the media, she said, the net profit has turned negative due to two corporate loans turning into NPAs for which no provisioning has been made earlier.
- Question 5: National Mission for Clean Ganga, HCL Foundation and INTACH have signed an MoU for Plantation of Rudraksh Trees in ...?
Explanation: While the project aims at planting 10 thousand Rudraksh trees in the catchment area of river Ganga in Uttarakhand in association with local community and other stakeholders, it will also help in generating income for people residing in those areas.
- Question 6: Geological Survey of India, GSI, has revealed that 35 per cent the country's Graphite deposits of the country is found in ...?
Explanation:The GSI presented the data during its annual interactive meeting with the Department of Geology and Mining and Government of Arunachal Pradesh in Itanagar.
- Question 7: __ has decided not to lift its airspace ban for Indian flights till 30th May?
Explanation: Pakistan has decided not to lift its airspace ban for Indian flights till 30th of this month.
The top officials of defence and aviation ministries held a meeting in Islamabad today to reconsider opening its airspace for Indian flights and decided to continue the ban.
- Question 8: Recently, ___ has blocked all language editions of Wikipedia?
Explanation:China has broadened its block of online encyclopedia Wikipedia to include all language editions.
According to a report by the Open Observatory of Network Interference (OONI), China started blocking all language editions of Wikipedia last month.
- Question 9: Vesak celebrations is related with...?
Explanation:Sri Lanka has declared a National Vesak week from today to mark the Vesak celebrations, one of the most significant events for Buddhist followers.
The festival will be held under tight security and people have been encouraged to organize celebrations at Buddhist temples and not in public places in the wake of Easter Sunday attacks last month.
- Question 10: ___ has been appointed Indian football team head coach for a two-year term?
Explanation: The national team has been without a coach since the departure of Stephen Constantine in January, following the creditable show at the AFC Asian Cup.
- Question 11: Recently, India joins global initiative, ___ to combat extremism online
Explanation:Representational Pic India has joined a major global initiative to combat terrorism and extremism online and secure the internet.
The initiative -- Christchurch call to action -- has been named after the New Zealand city where 51 people were killed in an attack on mosques