- Question 1: Dokalam area dispute is between India and ...?
Explanation:India has not reduced its troops in Dokalam as sources said, there is a status quo at the Dokalam for past six weeks.
The rebuttal came after Chinese foreign ministry issued a document, saying the number of Indian troops was 40 by end of July from 400 in June.
- Question 2: __ has released ICT Facts and Figures 2017 report which says that India and China are home to 39% of the 830 million young people worldwide who use the Internet ?
Explanation:India and China are home to 39 per cent of the 830 million young people worldwide who use the Internet, according to a UN report.
The data released by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), the United Nations specialized agency for Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs), shows that of the 830 million young people online worldwide, 320 million, or 39 per cent, are in China and India.
- Question 3: Indian Army has developed a mobile app ___ for soldiers to track promotions, postings ?
Explanation: The Indian Army has developed a mobile application through which serving soldiers can track details like postings and promotions. An army official said that through the app named 'Humraaz', soldiers can also view their monthly salary slips and the Form 16 and also download them.
- Question 4: Kishanganga Hydroelectric Plant is on...river ?
Explanation: The World Bank has allowed India to construct hydroelectric power facilities on tributaries of the Jhelum and Chenab rivers under the Indus Waters Treaty. The World Bank's comments came as officials from India and Pakistan concluded the secretary-level talks over the treaty.
Pakistan is opposed to the construction of the Kishanganga and Ratle hydroelectric power plants being built by India in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Question 5: Aadi Perukku festival is celebrated in... ?
Explanation: In Tamil Nadu, the Aadi Perukku festival is being celebrated today with traditional gaiety.
The festival is celebrated on the 18th of Aadi month in Tamil calendar year to express gratitude to water bodies especially Cauvery river.
- Question 6: The government launched a portal, , which will provide a platform to sell agricultural produce.
Explanation:The government launched a portal e-Rashtriya Kisan Agri Mandi (e-RaKAM) which will provide a platform to sell agricultural produce.
e-RaKAM is a first of its kind initiative that leverages technology to connect farmers of the smallest villages to the biggest markets of the world through internet.
- Question 7: Indian Telecom Market is expected to cross the 6.6 trillion rupees revenue mark by the year ..?.
Explanation:By the end of last year, the number of internet subscribers in India was more than 391 million making India globally the 2nd highest in terms of internet users. He said, the Indian telecom industry has seen a paradigm shift from a voice centric market to a data-centric market.
- Question 8: Joshna Chinappa and Dipika Pallikal are related with...?
Explanation: The formidable Indian pair of Joshna Chinappa and Dipika Pallikal advanced to the women's doubles quarterfinals at the WSF World Doubles Squash Championship at Manchester on Wednesday.
The number two seeds and 2014 Commonwealth Games gold medallist went on to top the three-team Group B by beating Tesni Evans and Deon Saffery of Wales quite comfortably.
- Question 9: ___ has decided to go Digital by transforming all state-run offices into e-offices ?
Explanation:The Uttar Pradesh government has decided to go Digital by transforming all state-run offices into e-offices.
The State Cabinet has decided that e-office would commence from the State secretariat from 1st October and by January next year all the state government offices would be equipped with the system.
- Question 10: Where is Sahyadri Tiger Reserve ?
Explanation:The Maharashtra government is planning to relocate tigers from Vidarbha region to the sanctuaries elsewhere where their population is smaller, including the Sahyadri Tiger Reserve (STR).
State forest minister Sudhir Mungantiwar told the Legislative Assembly that the government had set up a committee to examine this issue, and a decision will be taken based on its recommendations.