- Question 1: First National Handloom Day was observed in...?
Explanation: National Handloom Day is being celebrated today to give an impetus to the sector and encourage the use of handmade loom.
7th of August was chosen to celebrate the day due to its special significance in India's history. It was on this day that the Swadeshi Movement was launched in 1905. The movement involved revival of domestic products and production processes.Prime Minister Narendra Modi had launched the first National Handloom Day in 2015 at a national level function in Chennai.
- Question 2: Amarnath yatra is related with...
Explanation: In Jammu and Kashmir, the annual Amarnath yatra is concluding on the occasion of Shrawan Purnima that coincides with the Raksha Bandhan today.
On Raksha Bandhan coinciding with Shrawan Purnima today, the last batch of Yatris will offer obeisance at the holy cave and will have darshan of ice lingam.
- Question 3: GST Council authorised Centre to hike cess on SUVs, luxury cars from 15% to ...?
Explanation:GST Council has authorised Centre to hike cess on SUVs, luxury and large cars to 25 percent from 15 percent.
Finance Ministry today said, GST Council in its meeting last Saturday considered the issue that total tax incidence on motor vehicles after GST has come down.
- Question 4: Who is heading the Par panel which will hear Disinvestment of Air India?
Explanation: A Parliamentary panel will meet in New Delhi tomorrow to hear the views of various stakeholders on the disinvestment of national carrier Air India and Pawan Hans Limited.
The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Transport, Tourism and Culture will hear the views of the Ministry of Civil Aviation, Department of Investment and Public Asset Management on the issue.
- Question 5: India has recently signed __ of loan pact with AIIB for Gujarat road project?
Explanation:The objective of the project is to improve the rural road connectivity and accessibility to more than one thousand villages in all the 33 districts of the state benefiting about 80 lakh people.
- Question 6: Microsoft has tied up with __ to use its AI-based MINE platform to screen children for eye problems?
Explanation:e Microsoft Intelligent Network for Eyecare (MINE) is an artificial intelligence platform to reduce avoidable blindness. With this tied up, Telangana has become the first Indian state to deploy artificial intelligence for eyecare screening.
- Question 7: Robert Hard, who died recently was a famous ..... ?
Explanation: Timothy Sydney Robert Hardy, CBE, FSA was an English actor who enjoyed a long career in the theatre, film and television.
- Question 8: ___ High Court has lifted BCCI's life ban on Sreesanth ?
Explanation: Kerala High Court today lifted the life ban imposed on cricketer S Sreesanth by the BCCI in the wake of the 2013 IPL spot-fixing scandal.
- Question 9: ___ has been appointed as the new Ambassador of India to the Republic of Kazakhstan?
Explanation: Presently, Prabhat Kumar is Ambassador of India to Colombia. He is expected to take up the assignment shortly.
- Question 10: India’s first private sector missile sub-systems manufacturing facility has set up in ....?
Explanation: It has been established a line with the ‘Make in India’ initiative and Government’s policy to encourage private sector participation in defense product. It is a joint venture between the $2.5 billion Kalyani Group and Israel’s Rafael Advanced Defence Systems Ltd.