- Question 1: ISRO and NASA are jointly working on ___ mission to launch dual frequency SAR satellite by 2021?
Explanation:NASA-ISRO Synthetic Aperture Radar (NISAR) mission to co-develop and launch a dual frequency (L & S Band) synthetic aperture radar satellite. This earth monitoring satellite is scheduled to be launched in 2021.
- Question 2: __ has launched debit card offer for zero balance account at a special price of Rs 99 for the first year ?
Explanation: Private sector Kotak Mahindra Bank will offer debit card at a special price of Rs 99 for the first year for customers who will open account under its zero balance account scheme till September 15.
- Question 3: __ is hosting the 8th edition of Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES)?
Explanation:The 8th edition of Global Entrepreneurship Summit (GES)-2017 will be hosted by India and is scheduled to be held on November 28, 2017. The NITI Aayog in association with the Ministry of External Affairs and the Andhra Pradesh government have been assigned with organising the event.
The summit was started in 2010 under the leadership of then US President Barack Obama at Washington DC to bring entrepreneurs from across the globe on one platform.
- Question 4: Which union minister has recently launched a Swachh Survekshan (Gramin) -2017?
Explanation:Narendra Singh Tomar, the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, has recently launched a Swachh Survekshan (Gramin)-2017 in New Delhi to encourage states and districts to improve their sanitation coverage and Solid Liquid Waste Management (SLWM). Under the Swachh Survekshan Gramin, all districts of the country will be ranked on the basis of performance, sustainability and transparency. So far, 4,600 villages and 1.4 lakh households have been covered under Swachh Sarvekshan (Gramin) Survey. The Union Rural Development Minister Narendra Singh Tomar has stated that toilet usage have increased to 91% in the country whereas overall toilet coverage in rural India has reached to 66%.
- Question 5: The government has set a target of providing skill training to one crore people in next __ years under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana ?
Explanation:Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Rajiv Pratap Rudy today said that the government has set a target of providing skill training to one crore people in next three years under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana.
- Question 6: Winner of 2017 All-India MCC-Murugappa Gold Cup hockey tournament?
Explanation:The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has won the 91st edition of All-India MCC-Murugappa Gold Cup hockey tournament by defeating Bengaluru Hockey Association (BHA) by 4-2 in the final at Mayor Radhakrishna stadium Egmore at Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Man of the match: Rajkumar Pal.
- Question 7: Recently, BSNL has launched wi-fi hotspots in ten areas of ...?
Explanation:The hotspots will be launched in three segments- BSNL wi-fi, BSNL 4G plus and BSNL borad-fi. Mr Saxena said, wi-fi hotspots will also be launched in Mizoram and Tripura in the coming days. He said, the hotspots would function within a range of 50 to 100 metres.
- Question 8: Amazon India has signed a MoU with __ to educate weavers and artisans to directly sell their products to Amazon customers?
Explanation:Amazon India has recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Telangana Department of Handloom and Textiles to educate, train and enable weavers and artisans to directly sell their products to Amazon customers across the country.
- Question 9: Name the new Chief Justice of India (CJI)?
Explanation:Justice Dipak Misra, the senior-most judge of the Supreme Court, has been appointed as the new Chief Justice of India (CJI) and will have a tenure of nearly 13 months.
- Question 10: NITI Aayog selects ___ States for transformative change in Health and Education sectors ?
Explanation:NITI Aayog has selected Uttar Pradesh, Assam, and Karnataka to improve healthcare delivery and key outcomes in these States. In Education, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, and Jharkhand have been selected for support to better learning outcomes.