- Question 1: ___ has launched a new awareness drive - Namami Gange Jagriti Yatra - ?
Explanation:Yogi Adityanath, the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, has launched a new awareness drive called Namami Gange Jagriti Yatra from his official residence in state capital Lucknow. The drive will be focusing on cleanliness along the banks of Ganga river and maintain hygiene.
The drive will urge the people to maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the Ganga river. The drive will be covering a total area of around 1,025 kms and will conclude on September 6, 2017.
- Question 2: ___ panel has recently recommended 100% pension to widow of the deceased soldier?
Explanation: The report stated that after the death of a soldier, the pension of the spouse comes down to 60% of his pension. The committee feels that after the death of a soldier, the spouse usually faces severe problems due to the loss of the breadwinner.
- Question 3: The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) has launched Android Skill Development programme in association with ...?
Explanation: The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and Google India has launched Android Skill Development programme to impart mobile development training on the Android and Web platform and to improve the quality of mobile app development ecosystem in India.
- Question 4: Shapath Bhardwaj is related with...?
Explanation:Budding India shooter Shapath Bhardwaj, aged 15, has become the country's youngest athlete to figure in the government's Target Olympic Podium (TOP) scheme.
- Question 5: Who is the new CEO of Jet Airways ?
Explanation:Jet Airways said Vinay Dube has joined as its chief executive officer after receipt of all requisite government and regulatory approvals.
- Question 6: Name the first Indian Javelin player who has qualified for the finals of World Athletics Championships
Explanation: Davinder Singh Kang became the first Indian to qualify for the final round of the javelin throw at the World Athletics Championships while his more fancied compatriot Neeraj Chopra crashed out in the qualification round.
- Question 7: AICTE has decided to close down those technical colleges which recorded less than ___ admissions in the last five years.
Explanation:AICTE says it has decided to close down those technical colleges which recorded less than 30% admissions in the last five years.
- Question 8: The International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples is observed on... ?
Explanation:It is a day to promote and protect the rights of the world’s indigenous population.
- Question 9: What is the new name of Swavalamban Yojana ?