- Question 1: ___ has the largest population of the one-horned Rhinos?
Explanation: In Assam , the world heritage site Kaziranga national park reopens for visitors today. Kaziranga has the largest population of the one-horned Rhinos.
- Question 2: ___ is hosting eighth Conference of the Association of SAARC Speakers and Parliamentarians (ASSP) ?
Explanation:The 8th Conference of ASSP will bring together Speakers and Parliamentarians from the member countries of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC).
- Question 3: Where is Benghazi port?
Explanation: In Libya, Benghazi port has reopened for the first time in three years after being forced to cease operations because of clashes.
The port situated in the eastern part of the country. Commercial operations at the port had ended in 2014 when armed movements, including the Islamic State terror group, occupied the North African country's second city.
In a bid to boost business at the facility, port officials announced a temporary customs exemption for all imports through Benghazi.
- Question 4: ___ has decided to observe Gandhi Jayanti as International Day of Non-Violence in the state?
Explanation:Haryana government has decided to observe Gandhi Jayanti as International Day of Non-Violence in the state.
Various programs involving youth participation are being organized across the state to mark the occasion.
- Question 5: ___ has launched a drive against child marriage and dowry on the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi's birth anniversary?
Explanation:Correct answer is: Bihar. Bihar government has launched a drive against child marriage and dowry on the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi's birth anniversary.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar will lead the pledge at Patna and all the government school's, health centres, panchayats, mahadalit tola, local police stations and government and non government offices will follow.
- Question 6: H. M. Marathe who died recently was a famous ...?
Explanation: Writer and journalist H. M. Marathe passed away last night in Pune at the age of 77.
Last rites of Marathe were performed today at Vaikunth Smashanbhumi in Pune.
He was well-known journalist and worked with various regional periodicals like Lokprabha, Marmik, and Pudhari.
- Question 7: Mettur dam is built across the river ___?
Explanation: The major Mettur dam in Tamil nadu has been opened for irrigation purposes in the state.
This follows as the dam has been filled up by water from the reservoirs in neighboring Karnataka state.
The Mettur Dam is one of the largest dams in India. Built in 1934, Ever since the Mettur dam across river Cauvery is called Stanley Dam Tamilnadu govt celebrated 75 years of Stanley Dam, where the Cauvery River enters the plains
- Question 8: on October 2, 2017 ___ has been declared as open defecation free?
Explanation: Port Blair declared as open defecation free Along with the rest of the country.
Gandhi Jayanti is also being celebrated in Andaman and Nicobar Islands today.
Lieutenant Governor Prof. Jagadish Mukhi was the chief guest at a main function held at Mohanpura in Port Blair.
- Question 9: ___ is hosting National Hard Court Tennis Championship?
Explanation:National Hard Court Tennis Championship will be played in New Delhi.
- Question 10: Sukanya Samriddhi Account can be opened up to age of ___ years only from the date of birth?
Explanation:Ahead of monetary policy review, the government has kept unchanged the interest rates on small savings schemes like PPF, Kisan Vikas Patra and Sukanya Samriddhi for October-December quarter.
The one for girl child savings, Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme will offer 8.3 percent annually.