- Question 1: What is the capital of Ethiopia?
Explanation: President Ram Nath Kovind will embark on a four-day visit to Djibouti and Ethiopia. This is his first overseas visit after assuming the office. In the first leg of visit, he will reach Djibouti.
- Question 2: ___ is hosting the sixth edition of the World Government Summit?
Explanation: India will be the guest of honour during the sixth edition of the World Government Summit scheduled from February 11th - 13th, 2018 in Dubai.
The World Government Summit has said that the hosting of India comes as part of its endeavor to strengthen its partnerships with countries with pioneering and distinctive experiences in strategic areas that serve communities.
- Question 3: ___ committee has been formed that will examine how Other Backward Castes can be sub-categorised to ensure a more equitable distribution of reservation.
Explanation: The panel will be headed by G Rohini, who retired earlier this year as the first woman chief justice of the Delhi high court. The commission will submit its report on the politically sensitive issue in three months.
- Question 4: Who is the winner of the Nobel Prize in Medicine 2017?
Explanation:The trio has discovered that how plants, animals and humans adapt their biological rhythm so that it is synchronised with the Earth revolutions.
- Question 5: Which committee has drafted the 3rd National Wildlife Action Plan (NWAP) for 2017-2031?
Explanation: The 3rd National Wildlife Action Plan (NWAP) for 2017-2031 has recently unveiled by Dr. Harsh Vardhan , the Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change(MoEFCC), at the 2017 Global Wildlife Programme (GWP) conference in New Delhi.
- Question 6: ___ is hosting the Global Wildlife Programme (GWP) conference-2017?
Explanation:India is hosting the programme jointly with World Bank (WB) and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) to address illegal wildlife trade across 19 Asian and African countries.
- Question 7: World Habitat Day is observed on...?
Explanation: The United Nations has designated the first Monday of October of every year as World Habitat Day.
The theme for World Habitat Day 2 October 2017 is Housing Policies: Affordable Homes.
- Question 8: Name the Indian entrepreneur who has won the prestigious International Business Person of the Year award in London for innovative IT solutions?
Explanation:Sasmal is CEO of Subah Group, which employs around 350 people with offices in Guinea, Sierra Leone, New York City and Dubai.
- Question 9: As per ___ India's GDP will be $6 trillion by 2027 on digital leap?
Explanation: India is likely to be the world's fastest-growing large economy in the next 10 years, driven by digitization, favorable demographics, globalization and reforms, predicts a Morgan Stanley report.
According to the global financial services major, the trend line in India's annual GDP growth has been accelerating to 6.9 percent in the 2000s, from 5.8 percent in the 1990s, and this momentum is likely to continue in the next decade as well.
- Question 10: Where is Paradip Port?
Explanation:The first US crude oil cargo of 1(point)6 million barrels bought by Indian Oil Corporation from the US reached Paradip Port.
Indian Oil will process the crude at its East-Coast base refineries, located at Paradip, Haldia, Barauni and Bongaigaon.