- Question 1: The Indian Air Force was officially established on 08th October ...?
Explanation:The Indian Air Force (IAF) is celebrating its 85th anniversary on 08th October 2017.
- Question 2: Territorial Army Day is celebrated on...?
Explanation: Territorial Army is celebrating it's 68th Raising Day on October 9.
The modern Territorial Army was inaugurated by the first Indian Governor-General of India, C. Rajagopalachari, on 9 October 1949 after the Independence Territorial Army Act was passed in 1948.
- Question 3: Anupama Ramachandran is related with..?
Explanation: India's Anupama Ramachandran has clinched the World Open Under-16 Snooker Championship title at St. Petersburg in Russia.
In the girls category, second seed Anupama knocked out her compatriot and top seed Keerthana Pandian 3-1 to become World Open Under-16 champion.
- Question 4: Samiya Imad Farooqui is related with...?
Explanation: Indian shuttler Samiya Imad Farooqui clinched the gold medal at the Under-15 women's singles competition after defeating Indonesia's Widjaja Stephani at the Asian Junior Championship in Yangon, Myanmar.
- Question 5: RBI will soon launch financial literacy drive in ___ states ?
Explanation: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is to launch a financial literacy drive in 80 blocks in nine states on pilot basis to educate people on e-transactions, formal sector borrowings and insurance purchases.
The pilot project, according to RBI will be commissioned in the 9 states of Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Odisha, Karnataka, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh by the 6 NGOs in collaboration with the sponsor banks.
- Question 6: How much money has been earmarked for Mata Amritanandamayi Math Project Jeevamritham ?
Explanation:President Ram Nath Kovind has launched 100 crore rupees Mata Amritanandamayi Math Project - Jeevamritham to provide the filtration system for cleaning drinking water to 5000 villages across India, in Kollam district in Kerala.
- Question 7: Which Haj Committee __ has recommended abolishing of subsidy for Haj pilgrims?
Explanation:The government was appointed Committee on Haj Policy has recommended phasing out of subsidy for Haj pilgrims and allowing women devotees above 45 years of age to travel in a group of at least four without a male.
The Panel under the Chairmanship of former Secretary Afzal Amanullah to review the existing Haj Policy and to suggest a framework for new Haj policy 2018-22.
- Question 8: ___ is hosting the first-ever conference of Partner NGOs?
Explanation:The subject of the conference is “Implementation of Policies, Schemes and Programmes for Women and Children: Challenges and Way Forward.
- Question 9: Who is the first person from India to win Anna Politkovskaya Award?
Explanation: Kannada journalist Gauri Lankesh, who was shot dead in Bengaluru on September 5, 2017, has been awarded a prestigious global Anna Politkovskaya Award, which is given in the memory of a slain Russian reporter and political activist.
With this, she became the first person from India to receive the honour.