- Question 1: Who is the head of newly constituted Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM) ?
Explanation:The newly constituted Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM) will hold its first meeting at NITI Aayog in New Delhi.
The five member committee comprising reputed economists and experts was constituted by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 26th of last month to halt the downhill movement of the Indian economy.
- Question 2: Hirakud Dam is built across the ___ River?
Explanation:The Centre has told the Supreme Court that it will take a decision next month on issuing a notification with regard to the ongoing dispute between Odisha and Chhattisgarh over Mahanadi river.
- Question 3: Where is Elphinstone bridge?
- Question 4: Who is the new chairman of Film and Television Institute of India?
Explanation:Veteran actor Anupam Kher has been appointed as the new chairman of Film and Television Institute of India, Pune. He will replace Gajendra Chauhan.
- Question 5: ___ committee will probe the delay in tender process for new Elphinstone bridge?
Explanation: Railway Ministry has constituted a high level expert committee to inquire into the reasons for delay in the tender process for new Elphinstone Road station foot over bridge, FOB. The committee will be headed by former CVC Pratyush Sinha
- Question 6: IMF has trimmed India growth forecast for current financial year to ___ %?
Explanation:IMF has trimmed India’s growth forecast for Financial Year 2017-18 but expects a revival as structural reform bears fruit.
In its latest World Economic Outlook released yesterday, the IMF lowered India’s growth forecast for 2017 to 6.7% from its earlier estimate of 7.2 per cent. It cited lingering impact of demonetisation and transition cost to the Goods & Services Tax (GST) For the slowdown.
- Question 7: Anti-dumping duty imposed on imports of steel wire rods from .... ?
Explanation:The Centre has imposed anti-dumping duty on imports of certain steel wire rods from China for five years, with a view to guard the interest of domestic players from cheap in-bound shipments.
The duty was imposed after the Commerce Ministry's Directorate General of Anti-Dumping and Allied Duties (DGAD) recommended duty on such imports.
- Question 8: ___ is hosting men's Asia Cup hockey tournament 2017?
Explanation:A confident India has scored a comprehensive victory over Japan in the men's Asia Cup hockey tournament that began in Dhaka.
It was also a winning debut for Sjoerd Marijne as National Coach.
India thrashed Japan by five goals to one in a Group A match. Sunil, Ramandeep Singh, Lalit and Harmanpreet (two goals) were the scorers for India.
- Question 9: ___ has launched Sankalp Seva bus service of 50 buses to connect as many as 6,000 villages?
Explanation:Uttar Pradesh government has launched Sankalp Seva bus service of 50 buses to connect as many as 6,000 villages. Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath flagged off the buses in function at Lucknow.
On this occasion he announced to construct - Gaurav Marg Path - to honour the sacrifices of the martyrs. He said there will be statues of the martyrs at all these roads.
- Question 10: Shinmoe, volcano is located in...?
Explanation:The alert level for Shinmoe, a volcano in Japan's southwestern Kyushu region, has been raised to 3 on a scale 5 after a small-scale eruption.