- Question 1: ___ is hosting the first-ever India-US Ocean Dialogue?
Explanation:The first-ever India-US Ocean Dialogue has started in Goa on November 1, 2017, which is being hosted by the Indian Ministry of External Affairs at the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research-National Institute of Oceanography (CSIR-NIO). The purpose of the Ocean dialogue is to promote sustainable development of the Blue Economy.
According to the World Bank, the Blue Economy is a sustainable use of ocean resources for economic growth, improved livelihoods and jobs, and ocean ecosystem health.
- Question 2: ___ is hosting the 2017 Global clubfoot conference?
Explanation:The President of India, Ram Nath Kovind has inaugurated the Global Clubfoot Conference at Vigyan Bhavan in New Delhi on November 1, 2017. The 2-day conference is organised by the CURE India in partnership with the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Question 3: Which country will be the ‘Country of Honour’ at the 36th edition of the Sharjah International Book Fair (SIBF) 2017?
Explanation:The 36th edition of the Sharjah International Book Fair (SIBF) 2017 has open at the Expo Centre in Sharjah on November 1 with theme “A World inside My Book”. The book fair will see the participation of 1,650 publishing houses from 60 countries.
More than 15 lakh titles will be on display throughout the 11-day celebration of literature, knowledge and culture.
- Question 4: Who has taken over charge as new Director-General (DG) of National Investigation Agency (NIA)?
Explanation:Yogesh Chander Modi, a 1984 batch IPS officer of the Assam-Meghalaya cadre, has taken charge as new Director General of National Investigation Agency (NIA) and will hold the post till his superannuation, i.e. May 31, 2021.
- Question 5: Who has been appointed as the Karnataka’s first woman Director General and Inspector General of Police (DG-IGP)?
Explanation:Neelmani N. Raju, a 1983 batch IPS officer, has been appointed as the Karnataka’s first-ever woman Director General and Inspector General of Police (DG-IGP). She will take over from Rupak Kumar Dutta, who is retiring from service.
- Question 6: Name the 95th Prime Minister of Japan?
Explanation:Japanese lawmakers have reelected Shinzo Abe as the country’s 95th Prime Minister on November 1, 2017 after his party won a landslide victory in last month’s general election. Abe was reelected by both Houses of the Diet.
- Question 7: What is the India’s rank in the latest World Bank (WB)’s Ease of Doing Business ranking 2018?
Explanation:India has gained 30 places to rank 100th among 190 countries in the latest ease of doing business ranking by the World Bank (WB), in its Doing Business 2018 report. The improvement was due to a slew of reforms in taxation, licensing, investor protection and bankruptcy resolution. New Zealand has topped the list, followed by Singapore, Denmark, South Korea, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom.
- Question 8: Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) has increased the maximum age of joining National Pension Scheme (NPS) Private Sector from the 60 to.....?
Explanation:Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) has increased the maximum age of joining National Pension Scheme (NPS) Private Sector from the 60 to 65 years of age to increase the pension coverage in the country.
- Question 9: Which state government will give lifetime monthly pensions to - Hindi Satyagrahis?
Explanation:The Haryana government has recently announced lifetime monthly pension of Rs 10,000 for ‘Hindi Satyagrahis’ and those from the state who were jailed during the Emergency. For this, the state government has identified 194 ‘Satyagrahis’ who were imprisoned during the ‘Hindi Satyagraha’ launched by the Punjab Arya Pratinidhi Sabha in 1957 to promote the language.
- Question 10: Which Indian bollywood personality has been honoured with the 2017 Parmod Mahajan Smriti Award?
Explanation:Veteran Bollywood actor Anupam Kher has been honoured with the 2017 Pramod Mahajan Smriti Award in Pune, Maharashtra on October 29, 2017. Kher is awarded along with Saira Banu, who is UN ambassador for HeforShe. The award was instituted by Pune-based organization ‘Muktachhand’ in memory of Late former Union Minister Pramod Mahajan.