- Question 1: The joint training exercise “PRABAL DOSTYK – 2017″ is between India and ....?
Explanation:The 14-day joint training exercise “PRABAL DOSTYK – 2017” has started between the Indian Army and the Kazakhstan Army at Bakloh, Himachal Pradesh.
The purpose of the joint exercise is to enhance the military ties between the two countries as also at achieving interoperability between the two armies.
- Question 2: Which city is hosting the 9th CMS Vatavaran Film Festival and Forum?
Explanation:The 9th edition of CMS Vatavaran, India’s only International Environment & Wildlife Film Festival and Forum, has started at Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti in New Delhi on November 2, 2017.
The theme of the 5-day fest is “Conservation 4 Water”. The aim of fest is to create awareness and sensitize people through films and discussions regarding water conservation and the inter-connectedness of climate change and water, water struggles in a world dealing with global warming, climate variability, bio-diversity loss, and environmental damage.
- Question 3: Winner of Ezhuthachan Puraskaram-2017 is...?
Explanation:K Satchidanandan, noted Malayalam Poet and literary critic, has been selected for the prestigious 2017 Ezhuthachan Puraskaram, the highest literary award of the Government of Kerala, him for his contributions to Malayalam literature and poetry.
The award carries a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh and a citation. Satchidanandan is the former Editor of Indian Literature journal and the former Secretary of Sahitya Akademi.
- Question 4: Who has been appointed as Honorary Consul General in Hyderabad by the Republic of Korea?
Explanation:Suresh Chukkapalli, Chairman of Phoenix Group of Hyderabad, has been appointed as Honorary Consul General in Hyderabad by the Republic of Korea, with consular jurisdiction over the state of Telangana. He was given charge/invested formally at a ceremony in New Delhi.
- Question 5: ___ is hosting World Youth Forum?
Explanation:Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports Col Rajyavardhan Rathore has left for Egypt to attend World Youth Forum, scheduled to be held at Sharam El Shiekh.
The five-day forum will be inaugurated by the President of Egypt Mr Abdel Fattah el-Sisi.
- Question 6: Which country is hosting the 21st World Congress of Mental Health (WCMH) 2017?
Explanation:The 21st World Congress of Mental Health has started in New Delhi with theme “Partnerships for Mental Health” on November 2, 2017, which is organised by the World Federation for Mental Health in partnership with Caring Foundation and other institutions.
- Question 7: Winner of Tata Literature Live! Lifetime Achievement Award 2017?
Explanation:Veteran actor and playwright Girish Karnad will be honoured by Tata Literature Live! Lifetime Achievement Award 2017 at the literature festival’s annual awards ceremony which will be held on November 19 at the National Centre for the Performing Arts (NCPA), Nariman Point, Mumbai.
- Question 8: Gagan Narang clinched silver in ___ rifle prone event at Commonwealth Shooting Championships in Brisbane?
Explanation:Olympic bronze-medallist Gagan Narang won a silver medal in the men’s 50m rifle prone event of the Commonwealth Shooting Championships on November 2, 2017.
- Question 9: Who is the author of the book “Dreamnation: Uniting a Country with Handwritten Dreams”?
Explanation:The book titled “Dreamnation: Uniting a Country with Handwritten Dreams” has been co-authored by Saji Mathew and Jubie John and is published by Bloomsbury.
Its’ an illustrative book containing inspiring words of Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, which was released online by Indian women cricket team captain Mithali Raj on the 86th birth anniversary of the former Indian President.
- Question 10: Centre to provide Rs 700 crore for development of Maoist-affected districts of .... ?
Explanation:The funds will be provided in the next three years under Special Central Assistance Scheme.
A meeting, presided over by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh, was held in New Delhi yesterday to review development works and security operations in Maoist-affected regions of the state.