- Question 1: Which word has been named official word of the year 2017 by Collins dictionary?
Explanation:Fake news has been named official word of the year 2017 by Collins dictionary due to its widespread use around the world. The UK-based dictionary writer found that the use of this word registered a 365% rise in the last 12 months.
- Question 2: India’s first-ever conservation reserve for black buck will come up in which city?
Explanation:India’s first-ever conservation reserve for black buck will come up on over 126 hectares in the trans-Yamuna region of Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh. The State cabinet has recently approved a Blackbuck Conservation Reserve in the Meja forest division that is known for its rocky, undulating and arid terrain.
- Question 3: Which state will host the second edition of Nobel Prize Series – India?
Explanation:Recently, the Department of Biotechnology has signed a trilateral Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Nobel Media AB and the Goa government to host the Nobel Prize Series – India during February 1-2, 2018 in Goa.
- Question 4: ___ is hosting the International Conference on “Ramayan Circuit and Mithila-Awadh Relations”?
Explanation:The International Conference on “Ramayan Circuit and Mithila-Awadh Relations” has started at Janakpur in Nepal on November 3, 2017. Eminent experts from India and Nepal are participating in 2 day event.
- Question 5: What is the India’s rank in the 2017 World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Global Gender Gap index?
Explanation:India slipped 21 places on the 2017 World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Global Gender Gap index to rank 108th among 144 countries, primarily due to less participation of women in the economy and low wages.
The index is topped by the Iceland, followed by Norway, Finland, Rwanda and Sweden. As per the report, the global average annual earnings for a female stood at $12,000, while for a male it was as high as $21,000.
- Question 6: The 2017 World Food India (WFI) has started in...?
Explanation:PM Narendra Modi has inaugurated the 3-day long World Food India (WFI) 2017 fair at the India Gate Lawns in New Delhi on November 3, 2017, which aimed to attract $10 billion investment in food processing sector and to generate 1 million jobs in the next 3 years in India.
- Question 7: The Assam government has recently signed MoU with which country for skilling state’s youth?
Explanation:The Assam government has recently signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) and Terms of Reference (ToR) with Singapore for skilling over 78,000 rural youths in the state by 2019 and greening Guwahati.
The MoU and ToR for setting up the North East Skills Centre (NESC) was signed between Skill, Employment and Entrepreneurship Department of Assam government and ITE Education Service of Singapore.
- Question 8: The bi-annual multilateral exercise ‘Blue Flag-17’ has started in ...?
Explanation:The bi-annual multilateral exercise ‘Blue Flag-17’ has started at Uvda Air Force Base in Israel from November 2 to 16, 2017. In it, 45 member contingent of the Indian Air Force (IAF) is participating with the C-130J special operations aircraft along with Garud commandos.
- Question 9: Who led the Indian delegation at the 7th Asia Ministerial Energy Roundtable (AMER7)?
Explanation:Dharmendra Pradhan, the Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, has led the Indian delegation at the IEF 7th Asia Ministerial Energy Roundtable (AMER7), which took place in Bangkok, Thailand from 1-3 November 2017.
- Question 10: National Cycling Championship was organized in ___ to promote fuel conservation.
Explanation:Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, Film actor Farhan Akhtar and cricketer Munaf Patel flagged off the event. It was organised by the Petroleum Conservation Research Association.