- Question 1: ____ has topped the 2017 Gender Vulnerability Index (GVI), which is recently released by the Child development NGO Plan India?
Explanation:Goa has topped the 2017 Gender Vulnerability Index (GVI) with score 0.649, which is recently released by the Child development NGO Plan India during its national conference in New Delhi on November 1. Kerala has acquired 2nd position followed by Mizoram and Sikkim. Bihar ranked the lowest at 30, with Delhi faring only slightly better at 29 and Uttar Pradesh at 28.
- Question 2: The 2017 World Tsunami Awareness Day (WTAD) is observed on ....?
Explanation:The World Tsunami Awareness Day (WTAD) is observed every year on November 5 to spread awareness among people across the world in matters related to the dangers of tsunami and shall stress on the importance of early warning systems in order to mitigate damage from the often devastating natural hazard.
- Question 3: Who will be the new US Ambassador to India?
Explanation:Kenneth Juster, a top economic expert on India, has been appointed as the new US Ambassador to India, which is unanimously confirmed by US Senate on November 3, 2017.
- Question 4: The 1st Heli Expo India and International Civil Helicopter Conclave-2017 has started in which city?
Explanation:The 1st Heli Expo India and International Civil Helicopter Conclave-2017 was inaugurated at the Pawan Hans Heliport, Rohini in New Delhi on November 4, 2017. The 2-day conclave was organised by Pawan Hans Limited, a Mini Ratna company of Ministry of Civil Aviation in association with PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry with theme ‘Enhancing Connectivity’.
- Question 5: Which union ministry has launched Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana to promote philately?
Explanation:The Pan India scholarship program for school children “Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana” has launched by Union Minister of Communications Manoj Sinha to increase the reach of Philately. Under the scheme of SPARSH, the annual scholarships will be awarded to children of Standard VI to IX having good academic record and also pursuing Philately as a hobby through a competitive selection process in all postal circles.
- Question 6: Which Indian temple has won the UNESCO Asia Pacific Award of Merit 2017?
Explanation:Tamil Nadu’s historic Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple in Srirangam has won the UNESCO Asia Pacific Award of Merit 2017 for cultural heritage conservation.
The main reasons for the temple to won the UN award are as follows: Use of traditional methods in renovating its structures and re-establishment of rainwater harvesting and historic drainage system, and to augment water and prevent flooding.
- Question 7: Asian Women's Boxing Championships 2017 held at...?
Explanation:Five-time world champion M C Mary Kom on Tuesday entered the final of Asian Women's Boxing Championships at Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam.
- Question 8: Who has been chosen for the 53rd Jnanpith Award 2017?
Explanation:Krishna Sobti (92), the renowned Hindi Litterateur, has been chosen for the 53rd Jnanpith Award for the year 2017 for her path-breaking contribution to Indian literature.
She is known for experimenting with new writing styles and creating bold and daring characters in her stories who were ready to accept all challenges.
- Question 9: The National Cycling Championship (NCC) was organized in ...?
Explanation:The National Cycling Championship has started from the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi on November 5, 2017 to promote fuel conservation.
The event is organised by the Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA) in four categories – Elite Cycling (50km/30km), Amateur Ride (30 km), Open Ride (10 km) and Green Ride (5 km). Approx 5,000 participants are taking part in the event, which are enrol for various categories via online registration.
- Question 10: Which city is hosting the 2017 World Youth Forum (WYF)?
Explanation:The 2017 World Youth Forum has started at Sharam El Shiekh in Egypt on November 4, 2017.
The 5-day forum has inaugurated by the President of Egypt Mr Abdel Fattah el-Sisi. From India, Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports Col Rajyavardhan Rathore is participating in the forum.