- Question 1: Name the new Finance Secretary of India?
Explanation:Revenue Secretary Hasmukh Adhia has been designated as the new Finance Secretary of India. Adhia is a 1981 batch IAS officer of Gujarat cadre. The post was vacant after former Finance and Expenditure Secretary Ashok Lavasa retired on October 31, 2017.
- Question 2: 2017 conference of States Power Ministers held in...?
Explanation:The 2-day conference of Ministers for Power and New and Renewable Energy of States and Union Territories will be held at Rajgir in Bihar from November 10, 2017. The conference will be inaugurated by Union Minister of State (IC) for Power and New & Renewable Energy Raj Kumar Singh.
- Question 3: Which committee has been constituted by the Central Government to probe into NTPC’s Unchahar Thermal Power Plant incident?
Explanation:The Union Power Ministry has constituted a 4-member committee to investigate into the causes of the recent accident that occurred on 1st November 2017 at NTPC’s Unchahar Thermal Power Plant in Uttar Pradesh’s Rae Bareli district. T
- Question 4: The Indo-Nepal folk crafts festival held in...?
Explanation:A theme based India-Nepal Folk Crafts Festival has started at Kathmandu, Nepal on November 7, 2017. The 5-day festival is organised by South Asia Foundation (SAF) in association with Council of Handicrafts Development Corporations (COHANDS), Embassy of India in Kathmandu, Embassy of Nepal in New Delhi and BP Koirala India-Nepal Foundation.
- Question 5: Which Multi-Agency Group (MAG) has reconstituted by the Union Government to probe into cases of Paradise Papers?
Explanation:The Union Government has reconstituted Multi-Agency Group (MAG) to probe into cases of Paradise Papers, which is also probing the Panama Papers leak. The reconstituted MAG headed by the Sushil Chandra, the Chairman of Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), will have representatives from ED, RBI and Financial Intelligence Unit.
- Question 6: Who has been appointed the new Special Secretary in Union commerce ministry?
Explanation:Binoy Kumar, a 1983-batch IAS officer of the Telangana cadre, has been appointed the new Special Secretary in commerce ministry. He is the Director General of Directorate General of Supplies and Disposals (DGS&D), the procurement arm of the central government that closed on October 31.
- Question 7: India has pledged to contribute how much amount to UN partnership fund at the 2017 UN Pledging Conference for Development Activities?
Explanation:India has pledged additional $100 million towards India-UN Development Partnership Fund to help the poorest nations achieve the world organisation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to reduce poverty and raise the quality of life.
- Question 8: Where is the headquarters of the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ)?
Explanation:Recently, the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) has released a global investigation ‘The Paradise Papers’ that reveals the offshore interests and activities of some of the world’s most powerful people and companies, including information about at least 31,000 persons or parties.
- Question 9: India has signed how much amount of loan agreement with the World Bank (WB) for Odisha Higher Education Programme for Excellence and Equity (OHEPEE) Project?
Explanation:India has signed $119 million of financial agreement with the World Bank (WB) for Odisha Higher Education Programme for Excellence and Equity (OHEPEE) project.
- Question 10: ___ is hosting 20th Children's Film Festival?
Explanation:The Trishna Wildlife Sanctuary (TWS) is located in South Tripura District of Tripura and covers an area of about 163.08 square kilometres. It has a number of perennial water rivulets, water bodies and grass land. In this sanctuary, there are patches of virgin forests which are rich in rare vegetation. Indian Gaur (Bison) is an attraction of this sanctuary.