- Question 1: Name the President of France?
Explanation: French President Emmanuel Macron has said he will stress on the importance of stability in Lebanon. Speaking in the United Arab Emirates shortly before departing for Saudi Arabia, Mr Macron said he would emphasise the importance of Lebanese stability and integrity. He said his wish is that all Lebanese political officials live freely in Lebanon.
- Question 2: Mary Kom is related with..?
Explanation: Five time world champion, Mary Kom notched up her fifth gold medal in 48 kg category in Asian Women's Boxing Championships at Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam today. This was Mary Kom’s fifth final in only six appearances, which means she remains unbeaten in the summit clash of the continental championship.
- Question 3: __ will host the first-ever Nordic-Baltic Youth Film Festival?
Explanation:The Nordic-Baltic embassies will host the first-ever Nordic-Baltic Youth Film Festival in collaboration with the India Habitat Centre in New Delhi from November 13-18, 2017. The festival will offer a diverse mix of some of the most celebrated and Oscar nominated movies from the Nordic-Baltic region.
- Question 4: Winner of 2017 National Entrepreneurship Award under Mentor (Government) Category?
Explanation:Dr. Renu Swarup, Senior Adviser for Department of Biotechnology (DBT), has been awarded with National Entrepreneurship Award, 2017 under Mentor (Government) category in the Recognition Track at the National Entrepreneurship Award Ceremony, 2017 in New Delhi.
- Question 5: The 3rd edition of international film festival “Russian Film Days” in India has started in which city?
Explanation:The third edition of international film festival “Russian Film Days” has started at Siri Fort Auditorium in Delhi on November 10, 2017 with a special tribute to Raj Kapoor. It is an initiative to strengthen the Indo-Russian relationship through cinematic and cultural exchange.
- Question 6: Where is the headquarters of the National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation (NAFED)?
Explanation:In it, Consumer Affairs Secretary Avinash Srivastava stated that NAFED will procure 10 thousand tonnes and the Small Farmers’ Agribusiness Consortium (SFAC) two thousand tonne of onions from producing areas and supply it to consuming areas to enhance its availability.
- Question 7: Which Indian city has been included in the UNESCO Creative Cities Network for its rich musical tradition?
Explanation:As many as 64 cities from 44 countries have been designated as UNESCO Creative Cities by its Director General Irina Bokova. In it, Chennai has been included in the UNESCO Creative Cities Network for its rich musical tradition. Some of the other cities included along with Chennai are Alba (Italy), Almaty (Kazakhstan), Auckland (New Zealand), Cairo (Egypt), Cape Town (South Africa), Manchester (UK), and Milan (Italy).
- Question 8: The IDFC Bank has partnered with which digital wallet company for co-branded virtual Visa prepaid card?
Explanation:The IDFC Bank has entered into a strategic alliance with mobile wallet major MobiKwik to launch a co-branded virtual Visa prepaid card for customers of MobiKwik.
- Question 9: Which country is hosting the 2017 Asia-Pacific Economic Co-operation (APEC) summit?
Explanation:The 2017 Asia-Pacific Economic Co-operation (APEC) summit has started in Danang, Vietnam with theme “Creating New Dynamism, Fostering a Shared Future” on November 10, 2017.
- Question 10: Public Service Broadcasting Day is observed on...
Explanation:Public Service Broadcasting Day is being observed today. The day is observed every year to commemorate the first and last visit of the Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi to the studio of All India Radio, Delhi in 1947.
- Question 11: Which country hosted the 39th session of the General Conference of the UNESCO?
Explanation:The 39th session of the General Conference of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) was held in Paris, France. In it, India has been re-elected as the member of the UNESCO’s executive board, its top decision-making body.