- Question 1: Defence manufacturing licences to be issued by
Explanation:Private sector players can now apply to commerce ministry for licences to manufacture tanks, fighter planes, warships and other defence equipment, a step which the government feels will promote ease of doing business and give impetus to 'Make In India' initiative.
- Question 2: A Reserve Bank of India panel recommended converting which of the following into regular banks?
Explanation: Large multi-state urban cooperative banks (MS-UCBs) having presence in more than one state, dealing in forex, and with business size of Rs. 20,000 crore or more will be converted into regular banks.
- Question 3: Where is Mount Agung?
Explanation:A volcano on the Indonesian tourist island of Bali sent plumes of grey smoke and steam thousands of metres into the air for the third day in a week on Sunday. Mount Agung spewed smoke and ash as high as 4,000 metres this morning.
- Question 4: Which of the following has launched the CLICK & BRICK model?
Explanation: IT major Tech Mahindra will use 'click and brick' model to allow subscribers easy access to its payments bank services, in line with its efforts towards financial inclusion using technologies.
- Question 5: Retirement fund body EPFO will invest ___ crore in exchange traded funds this fiscal
Explanation:The Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) Central Board of Trustees meeting held in Pune agreed on the proposal for raising ETF investments from 10 to 15 percent of investible deposits.
- Question 6: India’s new payments banks will be allowed to accept deposits upto ___ ?
Explanation:These payments bank will be allowed to accept deposits (of up to Rs 1 lakh), provide payments and remittances services, and distribute third-party financial products.
- Question 7: Which of the following services will not be offered by new payments banks?
Explanation:Payments banks will not be allowed to lend or issue credit cards, although they can provide debit cards and internet banking facilities.
- Question 8: SBI first merged State Bank of Saurashtra with itself in ...?
Explanation:SBI first merged State Bank of Saurashtra with itself in 2008. Two years later, State Bank of Indore was merged with it.
- Question 9: The central government holds ___ per cent stake in SBI as of March 2017?
Explanation:With stock prices inching up, SBI has lined up share sale through which it intends to raise Rs 15,000 crore during the current fiscal.
It is in the process of appointing six merchant bankers for managing its proposed share sale. The central government holds 62.22 per cent stake in the bank as of March 2017.
- Question 10: What is the full form of FPO ?
Explanation:State-owned Bank of Baroda (BoB) plans to raise Rs 9,000 crore through various instruments, including follow-on public offer (FPO), to fund growth during this fiscal.