- Question 1: Who is the new secretary of Department of Financial Services ?
Explanation:Senior bureaucrat Rajiv Kumar has been appointed Secretary in the Department of Financial Services, DFS, while Anita Karwal would be the next Chairperson of Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE.
- Question 2: Govt has fixed Sovereign Gold Bond rate at Rs ___ /gram ?
Explanation:The government has fixed the issue price of Sovereign Gold Bond (SGB) at 2,961 rupees per gram for the next subscription period under Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme 2017 -18.
The next subscription period is 27th to 29th of this month.
- Question 3: ___ is hosting Rajaswa Gyan Sangam 2017 ?
Explanation: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the annual conference - Rajaswa Gyan Sangam, 2017 in New Delhi. He will address the tax administrators during the conference jointly organised by Central Board of Direct Taxes and the Central Board of Excise and Customs.
The objective of the Conference is to enable a two-way communication between the policy-makers and the senior officers in the field offices with a view to increase revenue collection and facilitate effective implementation of law and policies in key result areas.
Apart from the joint sessions, separate technical sessions of each Board will be held during the two-day Conference.
- Question 4: ___ is the new Chief of Staff at Southern Command ?
Explanation:In a change of guard Lt Gen Manoj Pande, has taken over charge as Chief of Staff at Headquarters of Southern Command in Pune.
- Question 5: Who is the newly appointed chief of Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)?
Explanation: Ashish kumar Chauhan has been re-appointed as the new Managing Director and CEO of Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) for the period of 5 years from November 2, 2017 to November 1, 2022.
- Question 6: Name the 2nd 100 % computer literacy village of India?
Explanation: The Nungthaang Tampak village in Manipur has become North-East (NE)’s first 100% computer literacy village
- Question 7: What is the full form of ICEX ?
Explanation:The Indian Commodity Exchange (ICEX) has become the world’s first derivatives exchange to launch diamond futures contract. Initially, the contracts are launched in size of 1 carat with compulsory delivery.
- Question 8: Ravichandran Ashwin has broken ___ record of fastest 300 Test wickets ?
Explanation:India off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin became the fastest bowler to reach the milestone of 300 Test wickets today in his 54th match, breaking Dennis Lillee’s record during India's win over Sri Lanka in the second Test.
Australian fast bowling legend Lillee had reached the milestone in 56 Test matches way back in 1981 and it took 36 years for another bowler to eclipse the record.
- Question 9: The Uttar Pradesh government has launched Startup Yatra programme from.... ?
Explanation: As per programme, the state government will provide financial assistance of Rs 15 thousand per month and maximum Rs 10 lakh rupees in a year to those who will begin startups.
- Question 10: Cabinet has approved MoU between India __ for cooperation in Zebu Cattle Genomics and ARTs ?
Explanation:The MoU will promote development of genomics and Assistant Reproductive Technologies (ARTs) in cattle through joint activities between the two countries.